Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Can someone please explain...  (Read 20300 times)

Offline bobu

• Rider
Re: Can someone please explain...
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41:05 PM »
Hey Cloud
 Dont be so hard on him. I did the same thing. Jay makes it sound like hes cheaper and because I dont know much about turbos, I thought he did. I also thought that because Jay was so much closer to my home that it would make things easier. WRONG. My bike is now in Georgia, about 250 miles past Jay, the turbo Jay put on my bike 4000 miles ago is smoking and bearings are gone. Richard is selling me a header & turbo to replace the ones Jay sold me. Richard modified header to work on Jays cheap turbo & it wont work on Richards turbo. Jay told me on the phone that he is doing the same as Richard( having housings made & putting garret internals in them,) but after dealing with Jay for a while I dont believe anything he says now.
Richard is helping me out too.
 Thanks Richard

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2008, 08:54:39 AM »
Hey Cloud
 Dont be so hard on him. I did the same thing. Jay makes it sound like hes cheaper and because I dont know much about turbos, I thought he did. I also thought that because Jay was so much closer to my home that it would make things easier. WRONG. My bike is now in Georgia, about 250 miles past Jay, the turbo Jay put on my bike 4000 miles ago is smoking and bearings are gone. Richard is selling me a header & turbo to replace the ones Jay sold me. Richard modified header to work on Jays cheap turbo & it wont work on Richards turbo. Jay told me on the phone that he is doing the same as Richard( having housings made & putting garret internals in them,) but after dealing with Jay for a while I dont believe anything he says now.
Richard is helping me out too.
 Thanks Richard

Yea, Scott has had a turbo bike before and he knows what I went through with motorhead and then finding out we could have bought it directly from Richard in the first place.... Would have saved me 2 years worth of headaches like you don't know headaches... I learned my lesson; hopefully others learn from other people's mistakes.

Don't buy from a third party if you don't have to! especially when it comes to something like a turbo kit. The few extra bucks you save will easily be spent somewhere else when things aren't going right or you can't even get it running... :(

Not being hard on Scott though... Scott is cool and I been there as well... Just sucks to see someone else go through this yet again...  :evil:

Hey Admin, if everyone knows that Stedman is a loser, why is he still selling on the board?

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2008, 09:08:19 AM »
Stedman is not a Site Sponsor the account is restricted. No for sale section, no personal messages.
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2008, 02:34:24 PM »
Stedman is not a Site Sponsor the account is restricted. No for sale section, no personal messages.

+1 let's keep the members protected from these crooks... People spend way too much money for a turbo kit to get screwed like this... :(

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2008, 03:13:27 PM »
man thats what i love about this site. i guess im not going to stedmens to get my bike tuned.