Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Removal of secondary throttle blades ?? Anyone done it on a 08?  (Read 6558 times)

Offline Yngve

• Post Master
Removal of secondary throttle blades ?? Anyone done it on a 08?
« on: October 22, 2008, 12:56:21 AM »
I am thinking of removing the secondary TB ( and relocating the secondary injectors so that they aim straight down the port ) and I know it is popular with the ZX14 tuners.

Anyone done it on a 08 and how to stop the FI light being triggered ?
I dont know what I am talking about but I do know that I am right :)

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
Re: Removal of secondary throttle blades ?? Anyone done it on a 08?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:03:46 AM »
cut the shaft at the tps so it will still think it is there and JB weld the hole shut. I just saying this because you are moving the injector.  If in the stock  location I think i could be wrong  but the butterfly helps with atomizathion  when the fuel hits it ?

Offline Yngve

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 01:14:45 AM »
cut the shaft at the tps so it will still think it is there and JB weld the hole shut. I just saying this because you are moving the injector.  If in the stock  location I think i could be wrong  but the butterfly helps with atomization  when the fuel hits it ?

Suzuki is claiming that the angel is set that way so the spray hits the Secondary throttle blades and it Helps atomization. I don't buy it 100% but I don't think letting the spray hit the other side of the bore is helping either :).

So thats why I am thinking of relocating the secondary injectors and aiming them straight down the bore like on F1 engines.

Offline dakinebusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 07:54:45 AM »
One reason a well set up carburator has excellent throttle response is because of the small quantity of fuel that accumulates on the throttle blades.
When you hit the throttle this fuel is dumped down the bore giving an accelerator pump effect.
This is why many fi bikes have crappy throttle response.
Suzuki may be doing the same trick with secondary blades and an injector that is aimed to accumulate fuel on the blades.
It could be that removing the secondary blades and re-aiming the injector will require extensive tuning to get decent throttle response.
Only wat ro find out is to try it.
Never underestimate the cleverness of factory engineers or the opacity of their secrets.

Offline Spaz Racing

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 07:13:54 PM »
Removal of the secondary butterflies on a stock motor bike will hurt the performance n slow it down. I only remove them on big motors. 1441s and bigger.

Offline Yngve

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 12:30:20 AM »
Removal of the secondary butterflies on a stock motor bike will hurt the performance n slow it down. I only remove them on big motors. 1441s and bigger.

This will be on my 1585cc engine.

But good to know that you remove them.

What do you do to the injectors ? Just leave them in the stock place or move them ?

And I am NOT worried about the extensive tuning I have to do with the injection map. The MOTTY AFR takes care of that in no time.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 06:41:24 AM by Yngve »

Offline midnight black man

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 05:44:00 AM »
done that on a 08 busa...just removed the plates...needed fattening (5-7+) at small throttle openings up to 60%...rpms 1500-3500...

the difference is great down low...much better acceleration...

ti-force sumo,bmc race and pc...otherwise stock motor...

customer very happy...
frankly my dear,i don't give a damn...