Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Throwing C40 Code  (Read 15674 times)

Offline craigster

• Rider
    • Hell Fire Performance
Throwing C40 Code
« on: October 27, 2008, 12:33:29 PM »
I'm getting a C40 error.  Only happens after warm up when the bike is accelerated and then suddenly has the throttle snapped shut.
Any one else have an idle speed control valve failure?  I still have not dug into the unit, so I need to see and test the valve for operation and Ohm the thing out.  I also need to check for pushed pins at the ecm side (ISC connector is good).

Just curious if this is common.  My bike only had 575 miles on it so this smells of infant mortality.

The good side is that bone stock it went 140+ mph on every pass yesterday with a high of 141.8 mph in the quarter. Even though I launched  it like an 8 year old girl.   Yes, I'm very happy.

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
Re: Throwing C40 Code
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:19:06 PM »
ISC Idel Speed Control valve

Offline craigster

• Rider
    • Hell Fire Performance
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 06:45:49 PM »
As you can see by my previous post, I know it's idle speed control valve (or idle air control in automotive circles), but my question is, "Is it common?"

and..

What causes the failure if it is common?

Thanks

Offline busarider74

• New User!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 12:59:18 AM »
I am having the same trouble as anyone found a solution to this C40 code? I have changed out the ECM, Throlte bodies and ISC valve and code still exist. :?
Superman

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 04:48:08 AM »
As the factory manual says, if the ICS valve is disconnected too fast after turning off the bike it may need to be reset. Failure is unlikely, but resetting likely if the engine builder or tuner has not read the service manual thoroughly.

You can reset it with SDS tool which I have done earlier. This summer also added the reset to ecueditor.com but have not had a faulty bike to test this.

Offline craigster

• Rider
    • Hell Fire Performance
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 03:19:59 AM »
Mine was being triggered by the clutch interlock switch.  I had disconnected it and used it for the launch master.  That's what triggered the fault.  Looks like after the engine is up to temp the clutch interlock is hugely important to idle air control.  Removed the launch master and re-installed the ground and problem solved.

Offline chuco6819

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 02:44:34 PM »
I am having the same trouble and try to many things that I'm almost ready to give up on the FI light C40 code.

Offline Pasis

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 07:05:31 AM »
This error often occurs when you are using not standard clutch lever. It may not press the clutch micro-switch, in which case this error will appear. Also, the microswitch itself must work. Sometimes it is removed.

Offline Ma

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 05:40:52 AM »
Hello everybody. New input on old topic.
I had similar problem, but stock clutch lever and no clutch interlock jumped out for MPS  launch master, or anything like that. - ..... Stock.

I took the clutch interlock switch off and cleaned the contact surfaces inside it before re asemply. It did not give the FI on my first two test drives, so hoping it's all good now.