Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: New Guy - Just got a '08 B-King  (Read 8623 times)

Offline roy

• Apprentice Post Whore
New Guy - Just got a '08 B-King
« on: November 30, 2008, 06:09:41 PM »
Yesterday!! awesome bike but needs more power...j/k :lol: I waited till the price fell on them and with winter & the economy what is these days dealers around here are a bit desperate. I got it for $11k OTD and a set of Two Brothers pipes with a Suzuki windscreen both thrown in for dealer cost. I am not a huge fan of Two Brothers pipes but couldn't really complain too much about the deal. I am sure if nothing else they will be too loud :shock: After a day of riding the stock pipe look has grown on me a bit, still hate the long fender. Rode it 118 miles today. Only thing I have done to it so far is hook up an old Garmin V GPS I had laying around and a Gerbing heated gear plug, yep it was mid 40's today and I needed some heat. :lol: Is there anymore info sites on the web about the B-King. Seems B-King.info site is not longer operational at least on my PC. Also is there a service manual floating on the web anywhere?

Here are some crappy pics I took last night in the garage my camera does not work very well as you can see.

Offline atticdog

• Post Master
  • RIP DaveO my friend
Re: New Guy - Just got a '08 B-King
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 06:34:47 PM »
Welcome
I love the b-king maybe ill have one someday
here is a link to the manual
http://www.manualz.info/Manuals_pdf/SUZUKI/gsx1300%20bking%20k8_service_manual.pdf
01 Black/Silver,08 GSXR fork/wheels, Pyramid DB, Corbin seat, gsxr1K footpegs, spedo healer, PCIII USB, 6 over Trac arm and Boosted!!

Offline _Venom_

• New User!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 10:20:34 PM »
Welcome!
Nice ride, got mine about a month ago and have done a few mods so far
Healtech speedo healer is NEEDED!
Mine was off by about 10%
Also the healtech X-TRE is a nice addition to get rid of the the factory timing retard in 1-3rd
Also added ASV shorty levers and scorpion cf exhaust
if you're tall, the buell peg mod will lower your pegs 1.5" for you

The bking.info site does seem to be gone,

Looks like you have quite a few toys in the garage!
What year is the S2K?
I had a '00 and modded the crap out of it and had on every track I could get onto!
'08 B-King all black
Scorpion CF, X-TRE, Speedohealer, ASV shorties
'01 GSF1200
 Holeshot mods
'96 Shadow 650
Purple comfy cruiser

Offline roy

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 05:24:33 AM »
Welcome
I love the b-king maybe ill have one someday
here is a link to the manual
http://www.manualz.info/Manuals_pdf/SUZUKI/gsx1300%20bking%20k8_service_manual.pdf

thanks for the manual link :thumb:

Offline roy

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 05:28:36 AM »
Welcome!
Nice ride, got mine about a month ago and have done a few mods so far
Healtech speedo healer is NEEDED!
Mine was off by about 10%
Also the healtech X-TRE is a nice addition to get rid of the the factory timing retard in 1-3rd
Also added ASV shorty levers and scorpion cf exhaust
if you're tall, the buell peg mod will lower your pegs 1.5" for you

The bking.info site does seem to be gone,

Looks like you have quite a few toys in the garage!
What year is the S2K?
I had a '00 and modded the crap out of it and had on every track I could get onto!

I am not tall only 5'9" so pegs seem okay to me as of now. Might be interested in that TRE mod though I hate factory control. I have CRG shorty levers on my '07 GSX-R600 racebike, not too fond of shorty's on the street though. Actually one toy is missing out of view a '07 Bandit 1250S.  :wink: The S2000 is a '06 and its my wifes daily ride, I drive a slow Toyota Tacoma :(

Offline magnum_1300

• Rider
    • www.suzukib-king.org
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 08:35:13 PM »
try this link you should find all info you want :thumb:

http://suzukibking.bbactif.com/index.htm
Boosted by RCC

Offline loud pipes

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 09:18:16 AM »
Yea the site I thought was very nice- It would be good to have some of the archives.

I bought my king end of October for 10.3K oTD.  I was watching the prices too.

I opted the two bros exhaust and I think it looks a little cobled with the hose clamp mounts and exposed wiring. I cleaned the wiring as best I could and soldered all connections with shrink.  Anyways it has a nice sound and surely cleaned up the gay fender- could have attached the wheelie bar to that unit.  I must have droped at least 40 lbs with that stuff off.

I only put 350 miles on before the lakes froze up here in N WI.  The speedo is off by 5 MPH at 55 (60 ).

I installed the Healtech speedo healer  with remote for top speed recall ( cool feature ).

I also installed their X-TRE.

I Installed the TWO Bros juice box.  I like the manual fine adjust mode.

K & N filter.  Looks very easy to convert the side scoops back to ram air input for the airbox- It looks like Suzuki planed that.