Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: clutch issue? feedback for no go issue.  (Read 8638 times)

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
clutch issue? feedback for no go issue.
« on: December 07, 2008, 11:21:39 AM »
Back again on the org instead of at the track. Made some mod changes this week, following some org talk about the best set ups and here's my delimma. Removed cluch pack to inspect stack height found to be 196.66, so I found two of the thicker oe steel plates at local dealer and replaced two of the thinner plates to increase stack height to 2.00. Soaked frictions for a couple of days in full synthetic 20w50. Rinstalled correct orientation per manual including spring seat and spring (2004 bike). I have a Brocks clutch mod internal with .180 spring spacers on pressure plate. Checked operation with engagement and diseng. at clutch lever, bled hydraulics. Fire bike off warmed it up, squeeze clutch drop in gear , DIES, and many tries there after. Removed clutch pack reinstalled clutch to OE stack and cleaned off all frictions of oil residue. perform all checks agin, fire off, squeeze, shift, DIES. Checked when off by engage in gear and watch clutch exposed, squeezing lever, spinning tire by hand watch for slip, OK. Bike acts like It's being shifted into gear with no clutch, abrupt lurch and DIES.. WTF It worked before I f--cked with it. HELP I am brain dead and need some input :bah: :( :grn: some body give me a match.

Offline J.R.

• Post Whore
Re: clutch issue? feedback for no go issue.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 11:45:30 AM »
Is your kickstand up or down? If it is down, put up and and drop in gear should be ok now.
The Wizard
Old dudes still can get it done!! Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time!

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 12:10:40 PM »
Is your kickstand up or down? If it is down, put up and and drop in gear should be ok now.

That is what it sounds like to me also...   :lol:

Offline buzard

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 12:26:43 PM »

That is what it sounds like to me also...   :lol:
:thumb:
Next up is a Great Lakes Race craft turbo setup with a NLR billet plenum for 2015

NLR GEN X POWERED/RCC INTERCOOLED PROSTREET BUSA
ONE BAD ASS 02 BLACK 565 HP RCC ULTRA BUSA
turbo 85 1150 scary ride
turbo 01 bandit 220 hp mr. turbo kit
turbo 01 busa 320 hp hahn stage 3
turbo 03 zx12r velocity stage 2
turbo 03 busa nlr gen 1 rac

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 05:51:41 PM »
ok nobody wants to admit when they have pulled a brainfart. you guys where right. my first thought after reading your replies was do they think Im that stupid and didnot check my kickstand. Well story is I removed my side stand switch and intergrated resistor to eliminate from system. Problem was I had 2  packages of resistors one was 100k the other was 100 ohm. I grabbed a 100k instead of the 100 ohm, MAJOR BRAIN FART. Installed 100ohm in place of 100k bike runs out great, missed track time, but its not in my time that things are done. Found rear caliper loose after relizing I could not make race. That could have been ugly at 150mph. So here's to the org and the heavy hitters that make it happen. :thumb: :D

Offline J.R.

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 06:44:41 PM »
Just glad it wasn't nothing major. :thumb: :thumb:
The Wizard
Old dudes still can get it done!! Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time!

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 02:14:23 PM »
ADMIN PLEASE REMOVE