Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Madusa Gsx-rboy's phenix.  (Read 12869 times)

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
  • Ok. So sometime I can be a little full of myself.
Madusa Gsx-rboy's phenix.
« on: January 17, 2016, 07:37:14 PM »
So years ago I built my 750 with a bunch of advice and encouragement from SH.org
I dug up the thread I had started initially. AT first I wanted a 200mph street 750 with a turbo. Since the build I have tinkered with this and that but the kit has basically stayed the same. Air to air intercooler, nice turbo, external wastegate, 1:1, E85, 100% stock motor and ECU editor.
I did indeed go 200 in 2012 at Ohio but have not really made a big speed jump and not taken LSR to seriously going to events some years but not others. The fastest I went so far 210mph and for the setup I am happy.
But things need to change. I slowly gathered parts for a new build including, Borg Warner turbo off a 2014 INdy car, Huge intercooler core from Bell and some other odds and ends. Buying a propertary turbo was a bad idea as I ended up having to machine the inlet flange due to simply not being able to buy one. Before you go saying try borg or this or that let me say I have people's number in the industry that don't normally awnser the phone but spent a lot of time trying to source on for me. While talking with Borg about sourcing the flange they offered me a Wheel speed sensor which will be hooked up to the data logging system.

SO the HP output again on a 100% stock 12.5:1 750 motor was about 200 on 5psi, 250 on 10psi and never dynode above 10 but ran many times at 12psi and a hand full at 15psi so I would assume in the high 280s to low 300.
I been using a disco potato which was heavily modified, vbanded, and externally wastegated. It has a 0.64 AR turbine which I always felt with LSR and ethanol was a tag restricting over 10ish on my setup. The new turbo is still a 0.64 but now with a larger wheel. As well as being bigger on the hot side the cold is also bigger.
Given the intercooler size and the cold water flow it will receive the turbo will be working even on low boost to get 10psi. That air will dense up post cooler big time.

Since the first build I stepped up my fabrication skills and also my workshop. But my motivation in the cold Wisconsin winters has not been there. I have my welder and bike in a cold garage but the majority of the shop is in a warm basement. SO to keep myself motivated I plan on updating this and also doing a build video or set of video once this cold snap fucks off. I got to be ready for Ohio in May and plan on tuning by early April end of march.

SO the basic build will again be the same 7500+ turbo miles stock motor but with a bigg ass turbo setup and E98 pump fuel. I am shooting for 225mph in the mile. eventually maybe I can build the motor and jam up the boost cause the kit will be ready for it.
here is the bike as it sits, New turbo and intercooler core on the stand.

SO within the next 2 weeks I want to do a disassembly showing the current setup followed by making the header. 
fuck it here is a pic of the bike and a grinder I just finished making which will really speed up fabrication.

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=143547.msg1367667#msg1367667
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:07:01 PM by gsx-rboy750 »

Online ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
Re: Madusa Gsx-rboy's phenix.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 07:53:05 PM »
A blast from the past, appreciated the review, thanks!
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 07:59:59 PM »
A blast from the past, appreciated the review, thanks!
what review. Like the history?

Online ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 08:10:46 PM »
Yes, checking out the progress of the build again.
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 08:13:12 PM »
Yes, checking out the progress of the build again.
This turbo setup will be fucking nasty!!! if money works out the front and bottom fairing will get a change also.
Maybe I already but this is my buddy getting his 200mph pass at ohio on the 750. His first 200pmh pass and first turbo bike pass. 200.0089 don't hate the granny launch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJcaGYKP8TM
Here is a milder 200mph pass from me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1k01MbabZA
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:15:56 PM by gsx-rboy750 »

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 09:49:31 PM »
For a 225 pass, using stock-ish fairings, you will need 300 wHP across the rpm shift points from the low RPM drop to the shift.

Of course, this assumes neutral weather conditions and you are riding your a$$ off.
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 09:53:14 PM »
FYI, I've been running 90+% ethanol and I can tell you it is extremely hard to start in sub-40F conditions.  Just purchased some C85 and it now starts.
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 11:46:18 PM »
FYI, I've been running 90+% ethanol and I can tell you it is extremely hard to start in sub-40F conditions.  Just purchased some C85 and it now starts.
I will take racing advice but not ethanol advice from you. Just kidding. Ya I will still be able to change ms1 and ms0. I just want to keep going with a pump fuel and a tad more exhaust volume.

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 07:48:20 PM »
If a picture is worth a thousand words I made a video of where I am at. I sold my old air to air setup and looks like Mr. cheese will be tuning it for the gentleman who bought it. I will post a link to a video I made showig it. You will be able to see the difference in direction I am taking.
I got all the parts, brand new TiAL MVR wastegate and QRJ blow off valve, four different water pumps to choose from and a 4 day weekend to bang some stuff out.
Here is my update of where I am at now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLnNDV9iIhE
Here are two videos of the old setup with the fairing off. This is the kit I sold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-0cqpL16Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9zQ41WrE

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 11:47:14 PM »
Holy crap the water end tanks were a bitch and I have not had alot of time to work on it but it fits just need to close it up.

Little size reference

Got my pimp pump ready to go on. Had to order a specific bolt and have to make a spacer but got that figured out and also took 2 inches out the bottom of the oil pan.

Going to start the header tomorrow and then connect the dots.

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 03:54:16 PM »
This is going to be good  :D   :thumb:
Official Site Donor

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 10:34:25 PM »
Tomorrow I can close off the plenum. I have the top made but did not have it on in the picture. Mounting a temp sensor pre and post intercooler core.

Got 2 tube mocked up for the header and the turbo sits correctly. Between these two Items I consider the project to be on the downside of the hill. Got a good weekend coming up and hop to have it started by sunday night.

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 09:51:53 PM »
Part 4 kinda looking at some of the above pictured steps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11GuIHqhLnU

Offline slaki

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 07:19:26 AM »
suscribed...

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 10:25:11 AM »

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 10:32:18 PM »
OK I got the header almost done and the uppipe done. The BOV is mounted and the plenum is 99% done. Starting to look bad ass. I posted part 5, 6,7 but 7 is where it really looks like a beast. Also did a beta air flow test and response thru the manifold. I am pretty impressed.
part 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNu6F-QGa8Y
part 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Qv6Qk-ES0

beta plenum test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d--lMNx9G8Q
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 07:00:00 PM by gsx-rboy750 »

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2022, 06:46:12 AM »
Got my injectors back in. I had stock 06 225 primaries and had 650 secondaries for ever.

Got everthing tested and flowed. Changed the 225 primaries for 330 from a 08-09 750.

The fuel pump was really bad.   I had not driven the bike since last year and then 5 years prior.
I filmed a run. The clutch wS getting hot so the airshifter stopped working.

She moves for a unprepped runway with lots of sand.  Nothing over 6psi. I had plugged in the boost controller but it literally fried the tire.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeUp1_Ep3_c

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2022, 06:48:36 AM »
Some pics