Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: tobin seats  (Read 5797 times)

Offline jettscott

• Rider
tobin seats
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:59:26 AM »
I'm about to order my seat from Tobin, just wondering if there's anything else I can do to make all day riding a little more comfortable, mabye change out the grips to something a little more soft and padded?  I used Ourys on my MX bike and the compound was soft enough to come off on my gloves.

Offline JTCOOL

• Rider
Re: tobin seats
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 07:38:07 PM »
I have had my Tobin seats for about 3 mos. now and they are the best. So far the longest ride with the new seat was about 3 1/2 hrs. and everything felt great.  :D :D

Offline holdontighter

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 01:14:33 AM »
3.5 hrs....damn i need that seat, i get numb in places that i would prefer not to be after an hour  :lol:

Offline JTCOOL

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 06:07:23 AM »
I would love to show you the pics. but I'm still trying to figure out photobucket. But the seats from Tobin are great and my wife couldn't feel better on the back.

Offline Turbo Bob

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 07:45:30 PM »
I'm about to order my seat from Tobin, just wondering if there's anything else I can do to make all day riding a little more comfortable, mabye change out the grips to something a little more soft and padded?  I used Ourys on my MX bike and the compound was soft enough to come off on my gloves.
Raise the bars a bit.

Offline semperfi

• New User!
  • USMC 1968 -1972
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 08:52:56 AM »
I put Helibars on about a month ago, and they make a big difference. You would not think that an inch and 5/8 would be that much, but you would not regret it.
08 Black/gray
Throtlemeister, Helibars, C/F/ tank cover, fender eliminator, Buell Pegs. More to come.....

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 07:36:25 PM »
I put Helibars on about a month ago, and they make a big difference. You would not think that an inch and 5/8 would be that much, but you would not regret it.

Also have the Tobin seat and Heli Bars(the bars on both my previous Busa and on my current one,way more comfortable than stretching for the stock ones),both help a lot but my flat ass still starts going numb around the 100 mile mark(though by then i'm about out of gas anyway and get to walk it off after i fill up :lol:).
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline gsxrracing

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 10:53:45 PM »
I no what you mean . I had him do a seat for me . It made a big differts for me to be sitting more in the bike . The stock seat had me seating on the bike . Sounds funny but it make a differts . I have a seat that hes done on all my bike . Sending him two more for my 08s . for a race seat now .

Offline Andrew71787

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »
one thing i know that would make those longer rides more comfortable would be a softer throttle spring.  it seems like my hand gets sore holding the throttle in place for so long.  especially when your just on the freeway.

I drive my Busa everywhere, when its not winter that is.  So far my longest ride was about 350 miles, with a few breaks in between stopping for fuel.