Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: RCC SUPER ULTRA STREET BIKE  (Read 200257 times)

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
Re: "ULTIMATE STREET BIKE" **UPDATED PICS**
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2009, 04:15:42 PM »
34ish

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2009, 08:01:10 PM »
WOOOOHHHH that sounds fun....i can't wait, i figure this will be the only time it ever see that kinda HP....I wonder how high i can tune it up on C12 or 110? you always here about C16 but not much about 110....sure would be cheaper if you wanted to do some foolish street riding

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:11:05 PM by ACE23 »
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2009, 06:12:52 PM »
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2009, 10:05:14 AM »
Good luck  :thumb:

Dont kill the engine with too much boost. :wink:
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2009, 07:22:29 PM »
Good luck  :thumb:

Dont kill the engine with too much boost. :wink:
yeah the engine is "suppose" to be able to hold as much Hp as I can throw at it.....like i said earlier I would like to stop at 600HP
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline speedninja

• Post Whore
  • If you are in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2009, 11:05:03 PM »
The bike is looking good James. Keep us posted.... :thumb:

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2009, 01:20:12 AM »
The bike is looking good James. Keep us posted.... :thumb:
Thanks :thumb: congrats on your texas run....thats flying!!! Called up the shop and everything is ready to go except the tuner is racing this weekend, so i will be heading over a week from this friday to watch the dyno "i will take a video camera" and pick it up....its cool though because all my paint and tobin seat will be ready by then anyway. Whats the news on your bike? thought i read were you hurt it :cry:
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2009, 01:26:27 AM »
Headed to drop it off at the tuner tomr, hooked up some switches to the gauges but one of them isn't responding....gotta a couple little kinks to work out

How you guys like that gauge mounted on the right side of the bars? Was walking through walmart at about 4AM for the 5th time that day after forgetting all the little nick nack shit for the wires I was running....me and poweradder picked up a "metal L bracket for a light mount" painted it black.. drilled and bent it and installed a push button we wired into the gauges so we could control the settings on them....NEIL at VEI systems is making me another gauge and running the test on it to measure my intake temps....its gonna go on the left side of the bar....this will allow me to have all these gauges that i don't need and probably crash the shit out of my bike while trying to read them just like everybody is saying :thumb: but its blingin
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
Bodywork is done!!! going to bring it back when i go home this weekend for Easter. I will post up some pics from a "REAL" camera :thumb:
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2009, 05:35:51 PM »
What color(s)?

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »
What color(s)?
High gloss black, with the inners painted gloss black also....got tapeworks graphics just for the tail and kanji's on the side fairings "dark metallic grey with red letters" kinda similar to 2007 graphics. Thats been my favorite busa so i guess you can say i have "custom" stock paint lol....my friend back home saw it today and called me and told me it looked like a mirror so i'm pretty pumped it turned out great
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2009, 09:58:47 PM »
There are more black on black busas out there than any other, but still  look the best to me.

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2009, 08:19:10 PM »
There are more black on black busas out there than any other, but still  look the best to me.
haha i know, i'm being so original, I almost went with viper red, 07 busa blue, or kawi green. I think the viper red would have been cool but i've had red before and never all black so just a little change for me
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2009, 06:45:27 PM »
Planning on heading over next friday to see the bike on the dyno....Only thing I'm interested in is how much good safe power it can make on pump fuel.....but I prob will do an ego pull and i"m thinking about breaking 600HP and stopping at that. Around what boost level is need to make 600HP and I do have a 240 tire so it might take a little more? Gonna have it tuned on pump, and 110 and then obviously use C16 on the big pulls
Dyno'd yet?

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2009, 08:33:34 PM »
Planning on heading over next friday to see the bike on the dyno....Only thing I'm interested in is how much good safe power it can make on pump fuel.....but I prob will do an ego pull and i"m thinking about breaking 600HP and stopping at that. Around what boost level is need to make 600HP and I do have a 240 tire so it might take a little more? Gonna have it tuned on pump, and 110 and then obviously use C16 on the big pulls
Dyno'd yet?
nope shop and tuner issues and got a couple different stories tossed around to me....Jerry seemed to have straightened everything out and I'm heading over a week from today to get my bike regardless if its been tuned or not. 5 weeks is a long time, but i have a busy week ahead of me so it will sneak up fast :thumb: I can't wait
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2009, 03:26:41 AM »
STEDMANS :ppcrn: Talked to him today and prob gonna stop in to put my bike on the dyno on the way home...Thats if the ams1000 and tic1000 have really been installed. I've come to the conclusion that you cannot really rely on any shop for good all around feedback....10 guys say he sucks and 10 say he's awesome....Richard recommended him for tuning so I'm gonna see what happens
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2009, 10:08:50 AM »
Updates? :D
2000 turbo-busa, RCC Stg 2 intercooled, 319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@28lbs
Texas Mile March 09, 225.906 mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14lbs

2013 BMW S1000rr, Brocks CT exh, 185hp

Offline jgennaro

• Post Master
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2009, 10:40:03 AM »

:ppcrn:

Don't get frustrated Ace.  You get it right it's just going to take some patience and perseverance.

Jason

PS - I'm psyched to see the results!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:43:13 AM by jgennaro »
Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure.

Aldous Huxley 1894-1963

2008 Hayabusa
Ninja 250.........daily driver

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2009, 11:49:05 PM »
Just rolled in from Coopers its 11:18PM and I headed over there at 5AM....this morning :bah: I'm tired but Jerry pulled it out and got everything done for me except the tune "they have no tuner right now" So i'm about to catch a nap then head to stedmans in about 7hours....all thats needed is another fitting on my tank to accept the second fuel hose and then we will "ATTEMPT" to tune it after cranking it and breaking it in....WISH ME LUCK :thumb:
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2009, 10:50:12 PM »
well?

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2009, 12:56:21 PM »
well?

First I wanna say I have a new outlook on bike shops...Sometimes they do like they are suppose to and sometimes they don't. I left Coopers at thinking all my bike needed was gas  in the tank and it would be ready to go on the dyno.
Pull up at stedmans at 9AM, meet jay and says i want to look this bike over before it goes on the dyno just to be safe since its never been cranked up....first thing he sees somthing up with the plenum so he suggest we take it off. Theres metal shavings on the inside where someone drilled it for the ams to run off manifold "dont ask me why" we find metal shavings in the Plenum and even some that where falling down in the charge tube, not to mention the plenum has no water in it when its taken apart, and the oil line from the turbo to the pan was practically bent in half from the angle they put it on, then the ams is about 40% not hooked up right with lines not running here and this and no check valve and ect....so the verdict is stedman saved my ass and potential damage to my bike if i had done like the shop said and just put it on the dyno.....Many hours later first pull on the dyno makes 50Hp and blow through the clutch....he takes the cover off and has the WTF look on his face and says only about 20% of you clutch is missing so he goes back and takes the clutch all apart adds the fibers and plates that were missing and walla next pull makes 269 corrected but stutters and completely falls on his face at 9500K just dives down.....He starts looking around and says i bet this tic isnt installed correctly so we decide since the ams 1000 wasn't hooked up correcty why would the tic 1000 be? So we unplug it and boom it goes to redline. Then we datalogg with the microtech and see thats the boost is to high and he goes over to the wastegate and with another WTF look on his face says the mounted something in your wastegate for the ams and i bet its pressure down on the spring or they pinched the diaphram...so we need to take the waste gate apart and see WTF they did to it because it was't pushing 7-8 like you said the spring would be. I guess the most important thing is that the motor sounds really good and cranked right up but all the rest of it was just ridiculous just having to go back over and do work that I already paid for . By this time its 11PM and this is after Jay has already installed another turbo that someone brought in and tuned it.....He has suggested reflashing the ECU on my bike and doing what he called a pump gas and race fuel map....i guess essentially pulling timing 7K and above for 3-4 degrees or whatever......by this time i'm fucking pissed cause i've driven 1100 miles over the last day and my bike still isn't ready, but its a full build and i expect to run into some kinks but this was just ridiculous. I'm going back with my bike monday at 8AM to do the finish tuning it. Overall so far Jay has been alot of help, saved my bikes ass, stayed way later than he should have fixing other people work. I just left with my head hurting so bad cause i was completely exhausted and it seemed like everytime we fixed something the next thing popped right up that you were like did they really freaking do that!!! So my goal for tomr is to figure out the wastegate deal and get the bike to make a pass on spring pressure, we need to put a stator gasket on it, reflash the ECU for the timing, and start tuning again. After all this I'm probably not gonna push it on pump fuel...i might even pull a little timing on pump and just tune it to 360hp or so on pump because thats alot of HP still and i would just rather be safe.....and C16 it up from there. As far as the dyno goes he finished a stage 2 yesterday and with corrected #s' it made 322HP with 14 boost and its compression was somewhere between stock and what a .080 spacer would give you....so i would say the dyno #'s were pretty accurate or at least seem that way. So speaking from my so far experience you might as well just pick a damn shop and got to it...i've already been to a shop with an awesome history and reputation and didn't get what was suppose to be done and now its at the shop with a somewhat negative reputation but so far they have been fixing the other guys problems and getting more done in a day then I've gotten done in the the last month waiting on the other.....So it just all depends on your timing, your luck, and who happens to be working at the shop when your bike is there it seems. I would suggest anybody wanting a turbo to first buy a trailer so you can take it haul it when its not done right and second buy a huge bottle of zanax.....but thats just me and I know some of you guys have had it WAY worse....I really like Jerry and he tries really hard to do right and this is not to bash his business or his work its just my experience...I think Cooper does really good work its just he has no tuner and nobody to do electronics and until he gets somebody who can do that i wouldn't suggest taking your bike for those services,...everybody makes mistakes and nobodys perfect and this is just how it happened so no reason beating a dead horse cause tomr is another day and the sun will still rise and its only a motorcycle :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 03:31:56 PM by ACE23 »
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2009, 01:42:40 PM »
I will say that I've never heard a turbo bike before, i've only ridden one but never heard one on the street or the dyno. The stage 2 impressed me....i didn't know they were that loud even with dump pipes.....but when he put mine on the dyno and made few passes it was pretty violent sounding, I honestly thought i was hearing police sirens off in the background at first but it was the turbo spoolin up LOL...that 40R is an animal
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2009, 02:12:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that you're having so many issues, but it will help you learn a lot about what's going on and how to notice problems later.

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2009, 02:49:24 PM »
Sorry to hear that you're having so many issues, but it will help you learn a lot about what's going on and how to notice problems later.
yeah i guess its all part of it or maybe it isn't.....I was just so tired yesteday i started not being able to understand what jay was trying to explain to me on the dyno.....Priority #1 is to get that wastegate fixed so it can make a pass on just spring pressure...def something going on there it made a microtech logged pass on 13 pounds and if it has a 7-8 pound spring like you say then that def tell me something isn't right after they messed with the wastegate.
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline jgennaro

• Post Master
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2009, 06:08:34 PM »

+1 on what Tom said.

Turbo bikes always need something so you're going to have to learn how they work and how to fix them.  You could just bring it to the shop all the time but if you want to do that you better double up on your Xanax perscription! :lol:

Jason
Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure.

Aldous Huxley 1894-1963

2008 Hayabusa
Ninja 250.........daily driver