Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: RCC SUPER ULTRA STREET BIKE  (Read 200251 times)

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
Re: "ULTIMATE STREET BIKE" **UPDATED PICS**
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2009, 06:22:03 PM »
Sorry to hear that you're having so many issues, but it will help you learn a lot about what's going on and how to notice problems later.

+1 on what Tom said.

Turbo bikes always need something so you're going to have to learn how they work and how to fix them.  You could just bring it to the shop all the time but if you want to do that you better double up on your Xanax perscription! :lol:

Jason
yeah i'm pretty much good on everything so far since I put it together and wired everything....i just need to understand how the ams works a little more and then the dyno stuff is all new to me....gonna do the ECU reflashing and have 2 maps, 1 for pump fuel where I pull 3 degrees of timing out from 7K and up, and then 1 for C16. The bad thing is all the problems i've been having are from 1 shops electronic work. So far in the overall big picture Its probably gone smoother than most peoples builds. Hopefully we will get it taken care of tomr. Like i said i'm gonna prob stop it at 360 on pump or somewhere around that just so that i don't string it out so hard on pump....cause i will be riding it hard and pump def is not extremely reliable
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline jgennaro

• Post Master
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2009, 07:11:24 AM »
Sorry to hear that you're having so many issues, but it will help you learn a lot about what's going on and how to notice problems later.

+1 on what Tom said.

Turbo bikes always need something so you're going to have to learn how they work and how to fix them.  You could just bring it to the shop all the time but if you want to do that you better double up on your Xanax perscription! :lol:

Jason
yeah i'm pretty much good on everything so far since I put it together and wired everything....i just need to understand how the ams works a little more and then the dyno stuff is all new to me....gonna do the ECU reflashing and have 2 maps, 1 for pump fuel where I pull 3 degrees of timing out from 7K and up, and then 1 for C16. The bad thing is all the problems i've been having are from 1 shops electronic work. So far in the overall big picture Its probably gone smoother than most peoples builds. Hopefully we will get it taken care of tomr. Like i said i'm gonna prob stop it at 360 on pump or somewhere around that just so that i don't string it out so hard on pump....cause i will be riding it hard and pump def is not extremely reliable

Ace,

Well, it sounds like you've got a good plan.  Best of luck with everything.  I'm thinking that turbo kit/motor combo that you've got should be able to push out 360RWHP without a problem.  I'll guess that amount of HP will be about 14-16lbs of boost.  With the liq/air intercooler I've heard you can ride around with 18lbs on pump fuel.

Post up if you have any problems that you think we can help you with and keep the progress coming!

Jason
Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure.

Aldous Huxley 1894-1963

2008 Hayabusa
Ninja 250.........daily driver

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2009, 07:44:49 AM »
Youre almost there Ace.  It will be worth it in the long run

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2009, 11:24:54 AM »
Keep at it ACE....only the strong survive....

I've been there....believe me....LOl

Glad Jay is getting everything straightened out for you.  I never had any real problems with Jay either....other then some nickle and diming but....

Yeah you're gonna learn that....a GOOD shop is hard to find....the best shop around is the one in your garage, I promise you that.
2000 turbo-busa, RCC Stg 2 intercooled, 319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@28lbs
Texas Mile March 09, 225.906 mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14lbs

2013 BMW S1000rr, Brocks CT exh, 185hp

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2009, 03:53:14 PM »
85 degrees,  40% Humidity, 240 rear wheel

using pump fuel 93 octane
9lb on wastegate----268HP/148TQ
18lb--367HP/194TQ  A/F--11.9
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline duncan

• Post Master
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2009, 04:06:48 PM »
When you going to ride it?

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2009, 04:14:31 PM »
 glad you finally got it going :thumb:

once you ride your forget about all the problems you had  :trb:

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »

prob in the next day or so....it will be dark when i get home and bad weather predicted for next day or two. Just found a boost leak and fixed it

C16 and timing pulled
26lb made 444HP/230TQ
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2009, 05:57:37 PM »

prob in the next day or so....it will be dark when i get home and bad weather predicted for next day or two. Just found a boost leak and fixed it

C16 and timing pulled
26lb made 444HP/230TQ

Keep going... :D  You have another 10lbs to go... :thumb: :bah:

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2009, 06:08:07 PM »
Youre making progress.

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2009, 06:20:59 PM »

C16 and timing pulled
26lb made 444HP/230TQ
yeah we just pulled the dwell down from 120% to 100% and it made 10 more HP at the same boost levels...but this was at 11.5 and we are about to take it up to 11.8, so that might put it in the 490-500 range on 28lb which is more like it
Keep going... :D  You have another 10lbs to go... :thumb: :bah:
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2009, 07:16:20 PM »
not so great anymore...the shop that built the motor set the cams sky fucking high...me and jay just got off the phone with richard and this is causing the bike to make 0 boost till about 9200 RPM then it makes all of its boost from 9300-9800 all of this was found out by datalog with the microtech software "WTF"....so its reset the cams time, fix the oil leak on the stator cover and rock on wednesday.......we seem to be in the home stretch
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2009, 07:45:54 PM »
Wow.  One thing after another.  Hang in there

Offline duncan

• Post Master
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2009, 08:16:46 PM »
Man hang in there. Definitely get the cams adjusted{105 107}because making 400hp starting at 9000 rpms you will be slamming your limiter constantly.

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2009, 09:05:26 PM »
what were the cam #s?

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2009, 09:36:10 PM »
Damn, that sux.....Just keep at it though...you'll get it.  If you move the cams around, your tuning up to this point might be off....Just double/triple check the AFR at all the boost levels...  You are right in range with what Tommy was making with it I believe.... I think he made 450@24lbs or so....

You definetly want to get it coming in earlier though....Not sure you're gonna see much before 7k but it should come on like gang busters between 7-8k I would guess.

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2009, 11:08:26 PM »
yeah i believe richard said set the cams 105/106 or something like that, i know he and stedman talked about it......yeah the damn thing was making so much boost so quick he could barely chop the throttle to keep it from running into the limiter.....at that point we stopped and said wait a minute something isn't right, So far so good and Jay has been working on that bike and explaining everything to me as we go which is very helpful and lets me learn and know kinda what is going on. Maybe if the 240 tire wasn't killing the power as much as we thought since the cams are so freaking wacked out.....We should be building good boost by 7K and up when its fixed. Also added a small air tank and regulator that he worked up to run the ams off of and keep the pressure on the gate until waiting for it to build using the manifold.....after a dyno run with that setup he made 95 more hp and it was 1 more second faster making that power "probably because it was taking so long to build the boost from the cam setup that it was at redline before any big power was made" So really we are in the home stretch just gotta re do the dyno pulls "we are at 49 pulls with a max of 464HP , including all the goofy shit the we keep finding" also that 240 tire is a mother to dyno with....the bike actually pushed hared and broke his weld on the front of the dyno....bike tire laid into the back of the drum and smoked the hell out of the tire :bah: it was crazy.....im holding on guys and i'm heading back on wednesday to finish it up.
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2009, 11:10:29 PM »
Wow.  One thing after another.  Hang in there
yeah funny thing is its so true what smart turbo goes tell you most of the time its not the turbo setup thats causing the problem its the people who shouldn't be working on turbos that you end up fixing there work....and that is def what is going on now
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline Nem

• Mad Post Whore
    • BallOutRacing.org
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »
Make sure you scoot the bike up some.....you def don't want it catching the rear lip

RCC Turbos
Bellman Oil Co.
VP Race Fuels
BoostbySmith
Cycle-Tek
Canadian Mike
Power Brokers Racing
Tiger Racing
Shamrock Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Win Racing
Rock Solid
Schnitz Racing

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2009, 11:29:59 PM »
Make sure you scoot the bike up some.....you def don't want it catching the rear lip
oh yeah he had to weld up the front of the dyno and restrap the bike
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline Imbusabad

• Rider
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2009, 01:32:29 AM »
ACE, I am the one with the stage II you were speaking of.  I had the pleasure of meeting you and Jay over the past week.  When you leave Stedmans you will be VERY VERY happy.  We drove all the way to S.C. after that short test ride i took on my newly transformed busa  :).  Got home at 10AM and rode ALL DAY sunday and after work monday...  LOVE IT!!!  322 hp floats my front tire in 6th gear.  I refuse to ride in any gear below 5th.  It still makes stock 08 busas look like a ford taurus or something on a roll on.  They'll jump a few bikes and then i'll pass them like they are a slow car racing a bike.  The only problem I've had so far is that i keep forgetting that my boost controller is wired to my high beam so sometimes at night i'll start going and it'll just SNAP back.  322hp is INSANE FAST and rediculously scary on this stock wheelbase and height.    I still have the pics of your bike and a short vid. of your bike on the dyno.  It may be the run when you made 50 hp cuz it was early...  Stedman will get everything right and get you rolling in no time..   glad to hear that you're actually making numbers now.  Again, it was nice meeting you (and your bike). 

STEDMANS MOTORSPORTS ROCKS!!!

(for those who don't know I have:

Stage II t3/t4 turbo
blow off valve
water injection
single stage boost controller
built motor good for 420 hp (stock pistons)

got everything from Stedman's motorsports and ended up making the 400+ mile drive to have him install it and tune it.  Went there with a frame and a motor and left in 3 days with a 322hp turbo hayabusa!!!!  Those guys are GRREEAT!!!

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2009, 01:53:33 AM »
ACE, I am the one with the stage II you were speaking of.  I had the pleasure of meeting you and Jay over the past week.  When you leave Stedmans you will be VERY VERY happy.  We drove all the way to S.C. after that short test ride i took on my newly transformed busa  :).  Got home at 10AM and rode ALL DAY sunday and after work monday...  LOVE IT!!!  322 hp floats my front tire in 6th gear.  I refuse to ride in any gear below 5th.  It still makes stock 08 busas look like a ford taurus or something on a roll on.  They'll jump a few bikes and then i'll pass them like they are a slow car racing a bike.  The only problem I've had so far is that i keep forgetting that my boost controller is wired to my high beam so sometimes at night i'll start going and it'll just SNAP back.  322hp is INSANE FAST and rediculously scary on this stock wheelbase and height.    I still have the pics of your bike and a short vid. of your bike on the dyno.  It may be the run when you made 50 hp cuz it was early...  Stedman will get everything right and get you rolling in no time..   glad to hear that you're actually making numbers now.  Again, it was nice meeting you (and your bike). 

Stage II t3/t4 turbo
blow off valve
water injection

got everything from Stedman's motorsports and ended up making the 400+ mile drive to have him install it and tune it.  Went there with a frame and a motor and left in 3 days with a 322hp turbo hayabusa!!!!  Those guys are GRREEAT!!!

Whats up man glad to hear you got to ride your bike and it was running well. Thats a really nice bike you have and crazy HP and stock ride height and wheelbase...322 is alot of power, I bet that thing is just violent to ride. Be sure to keep that water tank full and I think you will be very happy. :thumb:Yeah we ran into a little more issues but ended up sorting them out and it looks like we may finish wednesday. So far I agree and Stedman has been doing a really good job. Cool....yeah that 50HP dyno pull was pretty exciting :cry: but post it up if you want or the pics, I'm not gonna forget the video camera this time so I will get some of the big pulls for you
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2009, 06:58:50 AM »

Stage II t3/t4 turbo
blow off valve
water injection

How much boost to make 322hp?  you running pump gas at that level with WI?

Offline Imbusabad

• Rider
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2009, 08:17:09 AM »
i am at 14 psi on 93 octane.  this is the high setting on the booost controller.  I have it wired to the high beams, so low beams is 8psi with 275ish hp and high beam is 14psi with 322 :shock: .   Needless to say i rarely have it on 14psi with stock wheelbase. 

Ace, i will be calling up there later today because i have a few questions for Jay.  I'll ask what the status is on your bike when I call. 

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2009, 09:32:42 AM »
i am at 14 psi on 93 octane.  this is the high setting on the booost controller.  I have it wired to the high beams, so low beams is 8psi with 275ish hp and high beam is 14psi with 322 :shock: .   Needless to say i rarely have it on 14psi with stock wheelbase. 

Ace, i will be calling up there later today because i have a few questions for Jay.  I'll ask what the status is on your bike when I call. 

Nice.....

Thats pretty much the same as mine.... 319hp@14-14.5lbs....pump gas.  No water injection on mine though...

That will keep you busy for a while.