Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: RCC SUPER ULTRA STREET BIKE  (Read 200286 times)

Offline speedninja

• Post Whore
  • If you are in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
CONGRATS!!!! You are "officially" a BMF :lol:

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
haha thanks....I'm thinking about getting a side cart for my bike :D If i bring it out to texas would you be interested in riding in it? I was thinking you could be the fastest person on the planet to ever be in a side cart
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline speedninja

• Post Whore
  • If you are in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
haha thanks....I'm thinking about getting a side cart for my bike :D If i bring it out to texas would you be interested in riding in it? I was thinking you could be the fastest person on the planet to ever be in a side cart

:vllgh:

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
617hp..... HOLY SHIT..... :shock:

That is just stupid right there....

I guess Cooper's built you a hell of a motor to hold that kind of power, pull after pull after pull after pull....  How many WOT pulls did you end up making?  I had 58 pulls on mine before we got the map done...I am thinking you beat that...? :bah:

That bike is gonna be insane on the street with 362hp.... When I ran mine at the Mile, with 16-17lbs, I figured that was around 350-360hp or so in 4th-6th and it was pulling pretty damn hard and that was with 19/37 gearing...I couldn't imagine trying to ride it in 1st-3rd with that much power, especially with street gearing.....  You are gonna have your hands full with that monster....You better buy 2 or 3 of those 240 tires cause when it spools, its gonna blow that bitch off.

Congrats on your build!!  It was definetly a success!! :thumb: :thumb:
2000 turbo-busa, RCC Stg 2 intercooled, 319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@28lbs
Texas Mile March 09, 225.906 mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14lbs

2013 BMW S1000rr, Brocks CT exh, 185hp

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Also, props to Jay and crew for tuning that monster and getting all the bugs worked out of it for you..... Getting the bugs worked out is always half the battle.....

:thumb:

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
617hp..... HOLY SHIT..... :shock:

That is just stupid right there....

I guess Cooper's built you a hell of a motor to hold that kind of power, pull after pull after pull after pull....  How many WOT pulls did you end up making?  I had 58 pulls on mine before we got the map done...I am thinking you beat that...? :bah:

That bike is gonna be insane on the street with 362hp.... When I ran mine at the Mile, with 16-17lbs, I figured that was around 350-360hp or so in 4th-6th and it was pulling pretty damn hard and that was with 19/37 gearing...I couldn't imagine trying to ride it in 1st-3rd with that much power, especially with street gearing.....  You are gonna have your hands full with that monster....You better buy 2 or 3 of those 240 tires cause when it spools, its gonna blow that bitch off.

Congrats on your build!!  It was definetly a success!! :thumb: :thumb:
yeah it had around 90 pulls on it which only 2 were in the 600's and maybe 10 were 450+.....the majority were in the 300's and some of those werent even WOT because he would have to chop the throttle to keep it from hitting the stock limiter, then the clutch went at first....then as we got higher this would act up....then we found the wastegate problem and had to start the map all over, then after resetting the cams we had to start over ect.... after all the little goof ups were found it actually didn't take that long to trim the map up . I also Changed the oil and filters twice during the dyno time and it looked perfect. Yeah im running 19/45 gearing so I will probably be changing that rear sprocket pretty soon and I'm almost 100% positive that there will be alot of partial throttle in the lower gears lol i'm gonna have to get used to passing people and not having my bike at full throttle, I guess i'm about to become a pro a short shifting....also ended up extending the limiter so that this big turbo could make its power were it wanted to. I guess i was really nervous about having to keep pulling on it but i figured hell all the majority of pulls were under 400 so its pretty much just like its power that it should be pushing all the time on pump out on the street. I got a little less worried after both Richard and Dennis confessed to the # of 550+ pulls they had made on some bikes.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:35:35 AM by ACE23 »
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
Also, props to Jay and crew for tuning that monster and getting all the bugs worked out of it for you..... Getting the bugs worked out is always half the battle.....

:thumb:
yeah X 1,000,000 I would have been so screwed without those guys
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
Do you have made a vid of one of those 550+ pulls ?

I love raw brutal power  :lol:

Mike
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore

Mike
we took the video camera and that was the day the wastegate messed up.....the next day i forgot the video and thats when we made the 600+pulls :( so nope
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore

Mike
we took the video camera and that was the day the wastegate messed up.....the next day i forgot the video and thats when we made the 600+pulls :( so nope

It does not matter !
Main thing your bike is running good  :thumb:

Mike
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Yeah you will definetly have to learn how to ride it.....Gonna have to get used to passing someone with no boost and then when it kicks it having to quickly let out....LOL Not to mention as late as the boost is gonna come on at part throttle.....That gearing you have will probably work pretty good around town since it spools late, but have mercy when it does spool up.... :grn:  Mine with 18/40 and 14lbs(320hp) was pretty "comfortable" in 3rd-6th... although I wouldn't want any more then that in 3rd.....16lbs is pretty manageable also for 4th-6th.  I once has 17lbs in 3rd when the regulator moved and it would just blow the tire off in a 60 mph, 3rd gear roll on....It was leaving 50' patches on the ground at 70 mph.... :shock:  needless to say, I put 3rd back at 13lbs.  :D   I now have 18/42 on it so I will see how it does, should be a little more "peppy" around town....

Your shit is gonna be nuts on the street...... :bah:

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
Yeah you will definetly have to learn how to ride it.....Gonna have to get used to passing someone with no boost and then when it kicks it having to quickly let out....LOL Not to mention as late as the boost is gonna come on at part throttle.....That gearing you have will probably work pretty good around town since it spools late, but have mercy when it does spool up.... :grn:  Mine with 18/40 and 14lbs(320hp) was pretty "comfortable" in 3rd-6th... although I wouldn't want any more then that in 3rd.....16lbs is pretty manageable also for 4th-6th.  I once has 17lbs in 3rd when the regulator moved and it would just blow the tire off in a 60 mph, 3rd gear roll on....It was leaving 50' patches on the ground at 70 mph.... :shock:  needless to say, I put 3rd back at 13lbs.  :D   I now have 18/42 on it so I will see how it does, should be a little more "peppy" around town....

Your shit is gonna be nuts on the street...... :bah:
yep lots of playing around with it this coming weekend hopefully. we did fix the fuse problem, but now when you turn the key on the low beam HID comes on the goes right out and when you click the High beam on the it works but the low doesn't come on with it.....the low isn't blown because it always flicks on for a second, so we gotta fix that. Yeah im gonna have to play with the gearing and i'm into the 100mph+ rollons so maybe that will help a tad
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline Patterson

• Rider
hell yea glad you had a good experience over there. i guess the guy in the shack didn't catch the chain  :hys:

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
its been raining for the past 4 days ever since i got my bike and its suppose to rain for the rest of the week and through the weekend..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: can't a guy catch a break
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline duncan

• Post Master
its been raining for the past 4 days ever since i got my bike and its suppose to rain for the rest of the week and through the weekend..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: can't a guy catch a break
LOL...with that much HP and TQ your gonna spin like crazy wet or dry. What length is your bike sitting at Ace?

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
LOL...with that much HP and TQ your gonna spin like crazy wet or dry. What length is your bike sitting at Ace?
i think i put it at 6-7 over, trying to keep it at a good setting so where it won't come up and bust up my catalyst 6 over tail and break out my tail light
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
6-7 over won't wheelie on the street,  but it will spin hard with stock hp let alone 400  :lol:

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
6-7 over won't wheelie on the street,  but it will spin hard with stock hp let alone 400  :lol:
yeah i never had any wheel spin but my old bike used to only make 160Hp and it ran a 240 tire.....but you are def right about the HP increase causing some major wheel spin
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline duncan

• Post Master
Anything 4-5 ins over even with a sticky tire will "blow off" on the street, especially when that monster turbo hits. Your low boost is like most peoples high boost...lol

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
Anything 4-5 ins over even with a sticky tire will "blow off" on the street, especially when that monster turbo hits. Your low boost is like most peoples high boost...lol
yeah i kinda was down about having such a large spring in the wastegate but thats what I had to do so oh well it is what it is
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline duncan

• Post Master
Ace thats not true, you can run any spring you want in the gate. Why did they tell you differently?

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
Ace thats not true, you can run any spring you want in the gate. Why did they tell you differently?
oh yeah i understand you can run different springs sizes in the wastegate....I just meant that the turbo responded night and day difference between a small and large spring. It originally had a 7 pound in it and now it has a 14 "Richard and motorhead both mentioned that a larger spring would wake it up" The difference in time it took to build boost and response was pretty substantial
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline duncan

• Post Master
What they are refering to is the fact your running manifold pressure{like me}. It will hit the spring pressure then flutter closed the rest of the boost you have prescribed in your AMS. I personally would go with a 7 lb spring then add the rest with the AMS. You'll be able to use 1st and 2nd gear{maybe...lol}...Your 40r is going to hit really hard even at 7 lbs.

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
What they are refering to is the fact your running manifold pressure{like me}. It will hit the spring pressure then flutter closed the rest of the boost you have prescribed in your AMS. I personally would go with a 7 lb spring then add the rest with the AMS. You'll be able to use 1st and 2nd gear{maybe...lol}...Your 40r is going to hit really hard even at 7 lbs.
actually not running manifold pressure anymore....Jay hooked up a small air tank in my subframe that is closed loop with the ams, the way i understand it is that it never loses psi until i actually turn my key off then you can hear it spray a little air out. I haven't had much time to really miss with it at all
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
Big thanks
*Richard at RCC
*Greg Smith
*Tommy Cole "1st turbo ride"
*Stedman Motorsports "tuning and a whole lot more"
*Motorhead "for the valuable last minute advice"
*Cooper Performance "motor"
*and all the other members for answering questions and putting up with me and all my questions for so long  :thumb:

RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"