Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: RCC SUPER ULTRA STREET BIKE  (Read 200271 times)

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
Re: RCC SUPER ULTRA STREET BIKE
« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2009, 05:12:02 PM »
That's a sweet looking ride you got there ACE.    :thumb:
YEAH, IT'S STOCK. :trb:

Offline Gofast

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #326 on: August 06, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »
Very impressive!

Would you recommend Jay Stedman for parts or services? Only reason I ask I know you spoke a more negative tone about him and his shop some time back in some of your older posts? All in all sounds like he got the combination working for ya and really made some HP.

I like how your bike turned out looks and performs good :thumb:.

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2009, 08:12:35 AM »
Very impressive!

Would you recommend Jay Stedman for parts or services? Only reason I ask I know you spoke a more negative tone about him and his shop some time back in some of your older posts? All in all sounds like he got the combination working for ya and really made some HP.

I like how your bike turned out looks and performs good :thumb:.

Thanks for the compliments. Yes, at this point I would recommend him. I have to say after all of this I learned to not knock it before i try it. A good friend of mine on this board and some troubles with Jay and pleaded with me originally to stay away from him. My friend ended up going over to Cooper Performance in GA and having some good work done. When I started my build i had Cooper build my motor and they were suppose to also tune my bike. After i got the bike put together I was told to come on so i rushed over 450miles to Macon GA. It seemed like everytime i called over there I talked to a different person and nobody knew what in the hell they were talking about or what was going on. One guy even told me "yeah we can schedule you in and you can get a hotel and we can knock it out over 2-3 days. Jerry Cooper runs the shop and he awesome at what he does and has accomplished. I can imagine its hard for him to find guys who WANT to learn and WANT to work hard. If Jerry had some good help none of this would have happened. Jerry cares about getting your bike right and the customer taken care of but all that is hard to accomplish when your business all of a sudden turns into a 1 man show. All i needed was an AMS1000, TIC1000 and a tune. 6 weeks later i picked it up and the only things that were finished was the TIC and AMS install. Having no other options but to drive another 8-10Hr in any direction i decided to go to Jay. From the first 5 minutes I was there he was going over my bike and getting it straightened out. The TIC didn't work right and the AMS wasn't hooked up correctly so me money and 6 weeks at Cooper were kinda a waste. Jay went beyond what anybody else has done so far and i will continue to use and recommend him. I still would let Cooper Performance build my motor and I'm sure jay is just as capable also.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:16:52 AM by ACE23 »
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline caddylt1

• Post Whore
  • "Its not the tires screaming, its the tarmac"
    • GarageSpec Magazine
« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2009, 12:38:54 PM »
 :shock:
Gen I Turbo/Intercooled
RCC Turbo/MCXpress Intercooler
Fab and Tuned by Williford Racing
Head by Port Tech
Hays T3 Convertible
64 inch wheelbase
8 Second "kinda" Streekbike

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2009, 02:57:42 PM »
UPDATE: got to ride 2 of the past 3 weekends. Seems like this bastard is getting faster. Been running 14-15lb off wastegate whole time. Did a 3rd gear WOT snap at about 8K and it about threw me off the side of the bike, my right foot flew off the peg and somehow i ended up slamming my toes up into the dump pipe OUCH. HAHA things has been hitting like a sledgehammer, i've just learned to creep it up to 7.5-8K and BAM :D Coudn't be happier with the way it takes off. Give me a huge shit eating grin everytime i do it.
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2009, 01:32:49 PM »
Do you have enough grip for that massive power on the street?

Sounds like you have a lot of fun with the bike now  :thumb:
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2009, 12:24:48 PM »
Do you have enough grip for that massive power on the street?

Sounds like you have a lot of fun with the bike now  :thumb:
Im running 14-15lb and 350HP off wastegate so I always just short shift it in 1st and 2nd because i'm making 250HP at 7K. It hits so hard in 3rd if you roll it up to about 8K and WOT it....it starts bucking all over the road like you are on a horse. If you lay into it at 4th and above its seems to do pretty well at sucking your face off. So i guess the 240 is doing its job. The bike feels incredible stable even at WOT on 15lb in the higher gears. I imagine if it wasn't as low and stretched it would be quite violent. I did make a pull a week or 2 ago on it when the temps where in the 70's instead of the 90's and it felt like the front end was lifting on it in 3rd. I'm running 19/45 gearing so with my 240 tire thats very close to stock gearing. By far my favorite thing to do so far is just get out on the interstate and get the RPM up and WOT it :D :D :D I bet its going to be more fun once i stop being lazy and start using this AMS1000. I can say that "bobu" stage 2 RCC bike feels faster i guess because its 300HP at stock ride height and wheelbase. Last time i rode his bike it was plan crazy. I felt like i couldn't keep the damn thing on the road, everytime i got in boost it just seemed to pull me left, right, straight up  :hys: its nasty at WOT. I would like to ride it again to see how his bike spools compared to mine. I remember running his up to around 7K one time and holding it WOT at 12lb and it felt like you hit a non progressive 100 nitrous shot. The stage 2 seemed to pull the hardest in the 7-9 range and then kinda lose its efficiency. This GT4094 seems to pull harder and harder from 7K- to redline. So far i like the large turbo and how it rides like a normal bike until you get into boost. I plan to keep running pump and not go any higher than 18lb which is what richard recommends. I'm changing my oil and filter every 1K miles also. I hope it last for many many miles of boosted fun
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:32:38 PM by ACE23 »
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #332 on: August 19, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »
TC's probably just felt faster because it came on much sooner and at a slower speed, makes you feel it more, especially stock wheelbase and height....hell 250 hp feels pretty violent at stock height/WB.  His probably makes full boost by 7k and thats probably when yours is starting so.....pretty big difference in the midrange....yours just hits really hard, really late....Pick your poison...

Try going to a 10lb spring and using the AMS... that way you can run 1st and 2nd... :thumb:
2000 turbo-busa, RCC Stg 2 intercooled, 319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@28lbs
Texas Mile March 09, 225.906 mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14lbs

2013 BMW S1000rr, Brocks CT exh, 185hp

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #333 on: August 21, 2009, 09:29:51 AM »
TC's probably just felt faster because it came on much sooner and at a slower speed, makes you feel it more, especially stock wheelbase and height....hell 250 hp feels pretty violent at stock height/WB.  His probably makes full boost by 7k and thats probably when yours is starting so.....pretty big difference in the midrange....yours just hits really hard, really late....Pick your poison...

Try going to a 10lb spring and using the AMS... that way you can run 1st and 2nd... :thumb:
yeah alan your exactly right about Tommys bike seems to be running its hardest at 7-8K and mine runs hardest up higher. Yeah that turbo stock wheelbase and height isn't for me LOL....i felt so out of control on that thing. Yeah i bought a small blue spring or 7.2lb because they didnt have any larger but i may go back and see if i can exchange it
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline duncan

• Post Master
« Reply #334 on: August 21, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »
Ace you need to just one time roll into 28-30lbs of boost with some c16...I can't explain how explosive it is...lol

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2009, 11:17:10 AM »
Ace you need to just one time roll into 28-30lbs of boost with some c16...I can't explain how explosive it is...lol
yeah i def need to change my sprockets before i go off and do something crazy like that. On 14lb this thing is sweeping the odometer pretty good with the 19/45. Since i don't ride as much as i used to i am constantly finding myself searching for cops and not wanting to open this bike up just anywhere. A year ago i would have been boosting anywhere anytime any place. I don't know if i'm just getting older or what. Hows your bike coming along?
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline duncan

• Post Master
« Reply #336 on: August 25, 2009, 06:18:11 AM »
yeah i def need to change my sprockets before i go off and do something crazy like that. On 14lb this thing is sweeping the odometer pretty good with the 19/45. Since i don't ride as much as i used to i am constantly finding myself searching for cops and not wanting to open this bike up just anywhere. A year ago i would have been boosting anywhere anytime any place. I don't know if i'm just getting older or what. Hows your bike coming along?
Richard said He would be mailing out my stuff in about a week or so. Did you have any trouble bleeding all the air out of your heatexchanger/plenum? I would think that would be very important. Also what are you using for liquid? I'm thinking of using 60% water and 40% engine ice.

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #337 on: August 25, 2009, 12:06:42 PM »
Richard said He would be mailing out my stuff in about a week or so. Did you have any trouble bleeding all the air out of your heatexchanger/plenum? I would think that would be very important. Also what are you using for liquid? I'm thinking of using 60% water and 40% engine ice.
I 100% engine ice in my radiator and jay put 100% water in my plenum and heat exchanger....no problem bleeding the air that i know off
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline Nem

• Mad Post Whore
    • BallOutRacing.org
« Reply #338 on: August 25, 2009, 12:11:27 PM »
Don't forget to add some type of ant-freeze before it gets cold

RCC Turbos
Bellman Oil Co.
VP Race Fuels
BoostbySmith
Cycle-Tek
Canadian Mike
Power Brokers Racing
Tiger Racing
Shamrock Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Win Racing
Rock Solid
Schnitz Racing

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2009, 02:28:34 PM »
Don't forget to add some type of ant-freeze before it gets cold
its in a climate controlled area...and if i ride when its 32 degrees wouldn't the bike be fine as long as you didnt let it sit outside for 3 hours? I don't ever plan on riding this turbo when its 32 degrees because thats way to cold to have to be on the side of the road working on it because thats been happening alot :hys:
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »

Looking forward to throwing in the 7.2lb small blue spring in the wastegate, currently I'm running the 13.0lb large blue spring. My bike creeps to 14lb with the 13lb spring so I'm assuming the 7.2lb spring will result in 8.2lb on wastegate?? Take it for a ride and think of how I like the 7.2lb spring....I hope it doesnt slow the spool big time other wise I guess I could put in the large yellow which is 8.7lb, I am also going to get the AMS on manifold pressure so I can ramp up some boost and stop spinning my ass off at 150mph in the cold weather for a change
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 02:56:06 PM by ACE23 »
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #341 on: August 21, 2011, 11:58:57 PM »
Well the time as come to fix the issues this bike has been having. Ace put me on the line to sort out the issues, and so far it's looking pretty good. The goals were to fix the vapor lock issue, fix the exhaust leaks, figure out why the turbo was leaking oil out of both sides, fix/redue a ton of wiring, shorten the wheelbase, clean the injectors, change the plugs, get the ams runnig off co2, and finally get it retuned on pump gas. So just a short list... :shock:  :hys:

Both our bikes...there like twins.

TURBOLAG: The split second the other guy thinks hes winning.

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #342 on: August 22, 2011, 12:14:03 AM »
One of the things to eliminate the vaporlock was to move the fuel pump under the tail. But while taking the bike apart, it was immidietly apparent why when he was getting vapor lock while riding, what was causing it.

When the tank was painted, only one vent was masked, while the other wasn't. And because of that, the vent is very clogged, and I'm going to have to figure out the best way to clear it. When I told ace what I found, he said that makes sence, because the bike was dynoed with a diffrent tank because this one was getting painted. And he started having that problem when this tank was put on.

Next was the oil leaking from the turbo, and smokey start ups. After verifying with Richard, it was agreed that it was do to the poor position of the oil return on the pan, and the route of the line its self.

Here you can see the return line turns back up almost as high as the bottom of the turbo.

And here you can see where the line kinks right before the fitting in the back of the pan. The plan is to take the pan off, weld the hole in the back, and move the fitting twards the front left side.

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #343 on: August 22, 2011, 12:33:55 AM »
Moving along, you'll get to see some of Stedmens handy work. I dropped the turbo and header to install some sort locking header bolts (some were loose) and to change the exhaust gaskets (just in case) I came across these little jewels.

Yes the block off plates you see are the stock air injection plates, cut down, and then welded the hole closed on them. The best part about it is Steadmen took the liberty of useing hi-temp rtv instead of gaskets. :? But you can see on number one where it was leaking.

And the custom block offs

And last a pic of the boat anchor on the ground. That's a heavy ass turbo.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:36:54 AM by murderedout07 »

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #344 on: August 22, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »
You can thread the holes and put short bolts instead of the block off plates.

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #345 on: August 22, 2011, 08:57:24 PM »
I thought obout that, but it be my dumb luck id drop metal down an open valve.

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #346 on: August 22, 2011, 09:14:53 PM »
I thought obout that, but it be my dumb luck id drop metal down an open valve.
Stuff paper towels in each port and grease on the tap.

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #347 on: August 23, 2011, 01:07:54 AM »
interesting read, good luck with that monster.  :tu:

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #348 on: August 25, 2011, 03:05:38 AM »
Finished disassembling the bike, and found a few more issues. I'll post some pics tomarrow. But I already started ordering parts, so the real fun is going to begin shortly.

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #349 on: August 25, 2011, 09:17:23 AM »
Finished disassembling the bike, and found a few more issues. I'll post some pics tomarrow. But I already started ordering parts, so the real fun is going to begin shortly.
The Schnitz dump truck should be getting to your place early next week
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"