Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: WHO IS THE FASTEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD ON A MOTORCYCLE??????  (Read 64612 times)

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
WHO IS THE FASTEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD ON A MOTORCYCLE??????
« on: January 18, 2009, 05:19:24 PM »
Who is the fastest woman in the world on a motorcycle?????????

I was brought to my attention that the fastest woman in the world on a motorcycle will be signing autographs at a few upcoming motorcycle shows. Can someone stop at her booth and get me her autograph. I am getting a little pissed off with Leslie Porterfield and her so called agent promoting her as the fastest woman on a motorcycle, this is very disrespectful in a very respectable sport. I am not taking away the fact that she was the fastest woman for a few weeks in August and September, but the dates on these articles are in December 2008. TRILLY

Leslie Porterfield Signing Autographs at 28th Annual Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows
Publish date: Dec 29, 2008
Leslie Porterfield, the fastest woman on a motorcycle, holder of three land-speed records and 2008 AMA Racing Female Rider of the Year will be attending shows and signing autographs for fans in Long Beach, California; New York, New York; Cleveland, Ohio and Chicago, Illinois.
Check this out.   

http://www.leslieporterfield.com/news/news.php?id=2

www.motorcycleshows.com/motorcycleshows/Chicago+Features/Leslie-Porterfield-Signing-Autographs-at-28th-Annu/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/573257?ref=25

If you go to this link you will notice on December 13, 2008 this year Leslie answered a website interview which was brought to my attention by a few kind people. Did you notice under her pictures it says Leslie Porterfield the fastest woman in the world! This is because that was the title until it was changed to fastest in the US.

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2008/12/in-conversation-with-leslie-porterfield.html
"I had to put those thoughts out of my head this year. After my first pass down the salt, I was back into the groove and ready to break some records. In all competitive sports, there are risks, and I try to minimize mine as best I can. I made a pass at 231mph to qualify for the record, and on my return run I was at around 240mph when I threw a rod through the cases. I was lucky and thankful that nothing locked up. I still managed to average 234mph on that run, which put my new world record at 232mph. It also earned me the title of the fastest woman in the world on a motorcycle. I was thrilled, even though I had a gaping hole in my motor!" (witten by Leslie P)

Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
Re: WHO IS THE FASTEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD ON A MOTORCYCLE??????
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 05:26:37 PM »
I would like to thank Sameer @ fasterandfaster.net for correcting that site and posting the true facts

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2009/01/trillium-muir-fastest-woman-in-world.html
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline WildBro

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • NO Fairies Here
    • Wild Bros Racing
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 06:01:50 PM »
Un-Fuck'n believable!

Bill
Can't wait to hear the excuses for this shit.

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 06:28:47 PM »
 :ppcrn:

Offline MR X

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 08:18:06 PM »
 :arrow:THE FASTEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD ON A MOTORCYCLE IS Trillium Muir  :!:  :thumb:
You Rock Girl  :thumb: :thumb:
MR..X

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 08:21:30 PM »
I just heard about the "Fastest Woman" signing autographs in NY at the MC show on TV yesterday. I told my wife it was Trillium Muir and that she races at Maxton and hangs out on suzukihayabusa.org....
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline MR X

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 08:25:15 PM »
Un-Fuck'n believable!

Bill
Can't wait to hear the excuses for this shit.

Me too !!
Lets hear it!! :!:
MR..X

Offline SRADkneedragger

• Rider
    • HeavyBusRacing
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 12:25:15 AM »
My apologies to all I retract my earlier statements
Marie
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:54:07 AM by ADMIN »
201.534MPH
SPONSORS Nitrous Express, Brock's Performance, Tiger Racing,
Family PowerSports, GenMar Bar Risers, the Lightfoots

Offline MR X

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 12:36:55 AM »
Put yourself in Trilly 's shoes .
If you had worked hard and accomplished Her Great Benchmark of being THE WORLDS FASTEST WOMAN ON A  MOTORCYCLE . :!: :!:
Would you also be upset that someone else was taking credit for a title they Do Not  Deserve  :?:
MR..X

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 06:59:04 AM »
Lets not blame this on PR, she will be at the shows in person this is not just an internet misprint. Yes racing is expensive and I have probably lost sponsors this year because of the so called confusion as to who is the fastest. Makes it hard for sponsors, to understand the truth. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:22:28 AM by nickelcityracing »
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 10:41:11 AM »
Damn, I'd be upset too. 

Trillium is fastest for the moment,  she earned it.  And will most likely get faster and faster.
I think you're going to have to take the show to the salt to really get sponsors dollars.   I'd start beating down the doors of Leslie's sponsors right now, if you haven't already.

Any one of these ladies could be a pr machine.  Each one of them has a good racing resume.  And it sure don't hurt that all of them appear to be  fit and attractive.   

So what I'm wondering.......

Is Jody going to answer to "Mr. Fastest woman in the world"?    :lol:
(yes, I think it was asked before.  but still funny to me)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:42:53 AM by JHerheim »

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 01:35:47 PM »
trill...email her,and politely correct her.....    :lol: :lol: :lol:

or get someone else to.... :lol:

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 04:36:24 PM »
trill...email her,and politely correct her.....     

or get someone else to....

The LSR community is very tight. I would say that there is about a 95% chance that she has already been informed by someone; however I would like to see her justification for the statements.

If someone was to get press saying they had the fastest H/ modified sports car....I would be lookin' answers too.

~JH
02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

Busa pwrd Bonneville car 208 mph+
2X world record holder
NA motor: 1507cc
Fastest 1.5L NA door slammer in the world

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »
trill...email her,and politely correct her.....    :lol: :lol: :lol:

or get someone else to.... :lol:

Union pride. lol 

Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 05:19:36 PM »
trill...email her,and politely correct her.....     

or get someone else to....

The LSR community is very tight. I would say that there is about a 95% chance that she has already been informed by someone; however I would like to see her justification for the statements.

If someone was to get press saying they had the fastest H/ modified sports car....I would be lookin' answers too.

~JH

Thank you Sir
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 05:21:45 PM »
Damn, I'd be upset too. 

Trillium is fastest for the moment,  she earned it.  And will most likely get faster and faster.
I think you're going to have to take the show to the salt to really get sponsors dollars.   I'd start beating down the doors of Leslie's sponsors right now, if you haven't already.

Any one of these ladies could be a pr machine.  Each one of them has a good racing resume.  And it sure don't hurt that all of them appear to be  fit and attractive.   

So what I'm wondering.......

Is Jody going to answer to "Mr. Fastest woman in the world"?    :lol:
(yes, I think it was asked before.  but still funny to me)

I like the sponsor idea. Jody is taking hormones this year and will be in a class of his own. lol
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph

Offline devils advocate

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »
turn up the boost and show her what you can REALLY DO. :twisted:
the bus is not running , gixxer will be soon . and yes buy the ultra , you've got no one to blame but yourself.

Offline brmrc51

• Rider
  • DUMP PIPES SAVE LIVES !
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 07:03:04 PM »
what a crock of *&%$ WE ALL KNOW WHO IS THE FASTEST WOMEN IS !!!! YOU GO GIRL  :thumb:

Offline Team Millholland

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 08:26:46 PM »
I'll be working the Cleveland IMS event and I'll find out if they are still touting here as the fastest..........We all know who is the real deal!!!

I believe the Salt, with all it's history, is the reason she received so much publicity.

Dan

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 08:31:22 PM »
I'll be working the Cleveland IMS event and I'll find out if they are still touting here as the fastest..........We all know who is the real deal!!!

I believe the Salt, with all it's history, is the reason she received so much publicity.

Dan

thanks Dan,  that would be nice if a few members would check things out....the thing that pisses us off so much is that they day that Leslie ran faster at Bonneville we changed our website, all the forums and moreless told everyone that asked about it.. Trillium was not happy but we did it..!!!..     Jody
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:35:01 PM by nickelcityracing »
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 06:34:02 PM »
The funny thing is a couple of my friends went to the Longbeach InterMot show, got Leslie's posters signed and all, and when they came back showed them to me.

I was like...um.....who?! I thought Trillium was fastest?

Glad to see the 'correction' has been made. Regardless, a LOT of hardwork by both these women.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 09:19:40 PM »

So here it is the excuses have started. Get out the popcorn it's going to be a good one. Leslie's so called agent or ( please make me famous guy) claims that because she made a pass on the salt, she is faster. Do the f!*king math 233mph is slower than 239mph, you can't argue with a timeslip. I feel really bad for the young fans who are looking for a female role model in there lives, and attended the bike show in Longbeach for Leslie's signed poster. It's ok to lie kids, if it gets you sponsors.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:02:09 PM by nickelcityracing »
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 10:24:40 PM »
Perhaps she could specify that she is the fastest woman 'on the salt'. Or refuse to be part of a misleading marketing campaign.

Do you guys plan to go to Bonneville this year? That would get a lot of attention, for both teams.

Dean

Offline lsr newbie

• New User!
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 11:50:33 AM »
I'm new to this stuff but isn't the speed on the salt an average over two runs and maxton just a standing mile? I would think that you would have to go 239 or better to average 234 going two different directions. I think the best thing to do is just get both women at the same location and let them run to see who is the fastest.   

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »
trill,just go knock out a 250 pass,and call it DONE..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: