Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: WHO IS THE FASTEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD ON A MOTORCYCLE??????  (Read 64618 times)

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Let have them race..
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2009, 06:55:52 PM »
I see both sides of it and both are awesome women who have done great at LSR, drag etc, I think Leslie may have road raced at one time also?

Anyway, Leslie has the fastest record in the world sanctioning body (FIM) for a woman on a motorcycle (also faster than any woman in a MC streamliner)

Trillium has recorded two passes at Maxton at a speed greater than Leslie's however I don't believe it to be a record? 

Leslie earned the right to be called "worlds" fastest woman with her FIM record runs however they are slower than Trilly's runs.

When Lee Ran 260 at Maxton he was faster than my one way speed at Bonneville of 259+ however with the two way average I set the first ever record that averaged 250+ mph and Guinness recognizes that as the "World" record and that's why I made it in to Guinness.  Even Jason now has a faster two way average at Bonneville with a 253 + record however it is not the World record.

Like it or not both women are correct that they are the fastest..I am not sure that Leslie has taken any sponsors from Trilly as Leslie does not rely on sponsors to get to the races or for parts other than the 1000cc FIM record she also has that her and Al were supported with a crusher bike.

Let see both of them at Bonneville and make them drag race.. :!:

Lets not stir it up and let them race... :thumb:

Both of them Rock!!

J

First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
Re: WHO IS THE FASTEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD ON A MOTORCYCLE??????
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2009, 07:08:28 PM »
They'll both be at the Mile in March, so I was told...

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2009, 07:14:36 PM »
Let them race!

But, as it stands right now.....

Leslie is the Fastest Woman on Salt.......<----that's her title. Also, the Fastest American Woman on a Motorcycle. Sure.

Trillium, however, is the undisputed Fastest Woman in the World on a motorcycle.

Trillium's time is recorded, so is Leslie's. Two different sanctioning bodies. So which is it?

Simple. Who has the highest recorded speed. GPS doesn't mean anything because we can still accelerate after the timing lights.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2009, 07:21:39 PM »
So John. you are saying that if someone cant afford to make it to an FIM sanctioned meet, financially, taking time off work or travel across the country... thats too bad....???  even if you run at an other venue and are faster, thats too bad also..????   Jody
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline WildBro

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • NO Fairies Here
    • Wild Bros Racing
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2009, 07:22:37 PM »
"There can be only one"  fastest woman (or man)
If I understand what you are saying... (example).. Susan R. can come back in 2009, run at BUB on your (JN) 252mph record.  say she runs a 252 with a 251 return.  Does not get the FIM record and you would still say LP is the fastest???  I don't agree with you John.  She (LP) can say (title herself) fastest .x. x. if she is very specific and not general.(example: JR is the fastest woman at Texas) Trillium has the right to be more general and come right out and say FASTEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD.

In 2009 there is a very good chance the fastest speed will be brought back to the USA with a MPH greater than 265.5  The individual that does this will have the right to claim Worlds Fastest, are you (JN) going to say your 252 gives you the rights to Worlds fastest??  

Bill -"not the worlds fastest naked man at 246, some guy going 123 is"- Warner

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
Re: Let have them race..
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2009, 07:44:01 PM »
I see both sides of it and both are awesome women who have done great at LSR, drag etc, I think Leslie may have road raced at one time also?

Anyway, Leslie has the fastest record in the world sanctioning body (FIM) for a woman on a motorcycle (also faster than any woman in a MC streamliner)

Trillium has recorded two passes at Maxton at a speed greater than Leslie's however I don't believe it to be a record? 

Leslie earned the right to be called "worlds" fastest woman with her FIM record runs however they are slower than Trilly's runs.

When Lee Ran 260 at Maxton he was faster than my one way speed at Bonneville of 259+ however with the two way average I set the first ever record that averaged 250+ mph and Guinness recognizes that as the "World" record and that's why I made it in to Guinness.  Even Jason now has a faster two way average at Bonneville with a 253 + record however it is not the World record.

Like it or not both women are correct that they are the fastest..I am not sure that Leslie has taken any sponsors from Trilly as Leslie does not rely on sponsors to get to the races or for parts other than the 1000cc FIM record she also has that her and Al were supported with a crusher bike.

Let see both of them at Bonneville and make them drag race.. :!:

Lets not stir it up and let them race... :thumb:

Both of them Rock!!

J

John

You are very mistaken when you say I have not lost sponsors because of Leslie promoting herself as the fastest in the world. Sponsors do not want to be part of this bullshit, I know this. I am the one that does not have unlimited funds. If roles were reversed I would not be doing what she is doing, it's rude. But that is why I get respect.

Trillium

Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
hmmmmmmmmm
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2009, 09:08:22 PM »
Now you know how Sam Wheeler felt when he ran a record faster than the FIM World record and even thou he was happy with his runs he is still searching for the elusive World record and to this day he still is..there are club records and World records and in many cases the World record is slower than the club record.

I stated Trilly is faster however as I also learned Guinness won't take speeds only, they also will not take records from Maxton, Texas, El Mirage or any other venue where a two-way average cannot be done in different directions.  I agree the wording may be need changed to reflect that one is a World record and one is a timed one way run.

At the end of the day neither lady will be happy and both have earned their stripes in LSR period.

And Bill, you are the worlds fastest Naked bike rider in the world..as long as you don't count that kid in Somalia.  :thumb:

FYI, I am not even sure if Guinness will recognize Leslie's speed to get in to Guinness?

Trill, if you know that sponsors have backed away from you due to this then I would let them know that you ran a faster speed and she has the FIM World record, times are tough for many folks trying to get money to race, this hobby is expensive :evil:

If you want to set an FIM record bring it to Bonneville as I think Denis Manning has a contract with FIM that no one else can have just a motorcycle only FIM officiated meet in the states.

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2009, 09:24:42 PM »
the fastest man lee, the fastest women trillium!  fastest naked bill, fastest n/a us !  next subject !

Offline SniperCycle

• New User!
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »
Leslie has posted that she understands that Trillium ran a faster top speed. Leslie is not out to compete with her for the title. She does not have an unlimited funds account to go and run every drag strip to smash everyone else's records. Leslie is interested in setting records at Bonneville. She has not once been disrespectful to anyone. She has not trash-talked anyone. Trillium, can you say that? Whats with the cartoon? Can't think of anything original? Trillium, celebrate your speed at Maxton. Leslie, celebrate your record at Bonneville. None of us have the ability right now to change the sanctioning bodies who determine records. You are both the fastest women in the world. That is just the way it is. If we are lucky, you both with have the chance to race in the same class, in the same sanctioned event. Otherwise, share the title.

Until then, all the trash talk needs to stop. It makes everyone look bad.  The point of view from each woman is understood.
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »
 :thumb:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline jgennaro

• Post Master
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »
I want to make sure I understand all of this correctly:

Leslie is the fastest woman confirmed by FIM on the salt(5miles) at Bonneville with a speed of 234MPH.

Trillium is the fastest woman confirmed by ECTA doing the standing mile at Maxton with a speed of 239MPH.

If this is correct there isn't an issue with who is the fastest.

Jason 
Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure.

Aldous Huxley 1894-1963

2008 Hayabusa
Ninja 250.........daily driver

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »

Leslie is the fastest woman confirmed by FIM on the salt(5miles) at Bonneville with a speed of 234MPH.

Trillium is the fastest woman confirmed by ECTA doing the standing mile at Maxton with a speed of 239MPH.

Jason 

THAT IS THE SITUATION AS I KNOW IT,AND READING THAT,239 IS THE # TO BEAT  THATS THE RECORD IMHO

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2009, 04:15:11 PM »
I concur

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2009, 06:04:26 PM »
Sounds like Bonneville has a lock on FIM, which has a lock on Guiness, which has a lock on far more media. So unless you're are part of *that* club, they'll call their titles the all-around record holders, and ignore other sactioning bodies.

Like I said: Leslie is the Worlds Fastest Woman on Salt on a motorcycle. Trillium currently holds Wolds Fastest on a Motorcycle.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2009, 06:04:55 PM »
Leslie has posted that she understands that Trillium ran a faster top speed. Leslie is not out to compete with her for the title. She does not have an unlimited funds account to go and run every drag strip to smash everyone else's records. Leslie is interested in setting records at Bonneville. She has not once been disrespectful to anyone. She has not trash-talked anyone. Trillium, can you say that? Whats with the cartoon? Can't think of anything original? Trillium, celebrate your speed at Maxton. Leslie, celebrate your record at Bonneville. None of us have the ability right now to change the sanctioning bodies who determine records. You are both the fastest women in the world. That is just the way it is. If we are lucky, you both with have the chance to race in the same class, in the same sanctioned event. Otherwise, share the title.

Until then, all the trash talk needs to stop. It makes everyone look bad.  The point of view from each woman is understood.

I dont see anything disrespectful here, and the picture was posted out of frustration..!!! we never took away the fact that Leslie ran 234mph at BUB and has a FIM record from it... but there is only one fastest....  Thanks Jody   ( by the way I posted the picture)
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph

Offline Arnie3600

• Rider
    • The Texas Mile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2009, 06:25:49 PM »
Would both the ladies like to run it off in Texas in March?  Just an idea.

Ryan
Ryan Arnold
Race Director
Texas Mile
Colorado Mile
Arkansas Mile
Houston 1/2 Mile

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2009, 06:34:19 PM »
Would both the ladies like to run it off in Texas in March?  Just an idea.

Ryan
Shootout class just for the ladies :thumb:

HOW ABOUT IT LADIES???
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:50:07 PM by TrickTom1 »

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2009, 07:30:13 PM »
Or save it for the salt, there may be a few more contenders  :wink:
Official Site Donor

Offline Doogie

• Rider
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2009, 11:26:34 PM »

Jason 

THAT IS THE SITUATION AS I KNOW IT,AND READING THAT,239 IS THE # TO BEAT  THATS THE RECORD IMHO

Yep, regardless of who is keeping track....

organized events, pro timing..

Trillium 239

Leslie 234

um, Winner

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2009, 07:05:50 AM »
I might as well get my 2 cents in here as well. Yes I may be slightly biased as Trillium is sponsored by RCC. But on the other hand I al consider myself to be objective, logical, and somewhat intelligent, just a little.

I completely understand that Leslie holds an FIM landspeed record, and in doing so she can claim it as an FIM World record.

Now on the other hand if someone wants to claim the tilte of "WORLDS FASTEST WOMAN" the fact that you have used the word "WORLD" you now need to include records from around the world and accept recorded speeds from other organizations. You can not say "world" and only include a small contigent of venues and meets. I know that some organzations only recognize certain records and soforth, and they will continue to do what they have always done.

But in the real world. if you want to make the claim of Americas fastest or quickest, then you also need to include the rest of America, if you want to be the best in North America, then you need to include all of North America, as for the worlds best, then include the whole world. Not just one organization, if you limit your organization, or governong bodies, then it should no longer be called by a world record, as you are not including the rest of the world, you are fixing the game so to speak.

This is just my take on it, again I do realize the recognition an FIM event gets and so forth, but in all honesty to make a claim of being the worlds fastest, but not include other racers from other tracks and organizations is quite rediculous. Again, claim your records as they are for each sactioning body, but in the end the fastest is the fastest. People will still continue to debate this, but only because logic escapes them.

Richard

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2009, 07:18:37 AM »

You do realize that your statement regarding that they are "both" the fastest women in the world, goes to the point that you accept the speeds Trillium has attained, and by making this statement one would assume you would know who the fastest is. Only problen is that you are biased and refuse to accept it or just like being hypocritical. For you to state that both women are the worlds fastest says you accept both their speeds, share the title? You must be a kindergarten teacher? Sounds like something you would say to two children fighting over the pail in a sandbox.

Richard

Offline SniperCycle

• New User!
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2009, 11:10:20 AM »
I never said that they are both the fastest women in the world on a motorcycle. I said that they will have to share the title until they both run in the same sanctioned event. I do know who has the fastest recorded time. Its no secret. You obviously need to read my post again. Not being hypocritical. Not biased either. Who knows, maybe Leslie is faster at Maxton and Trillium is faster on the salt. But like I said, we wont know until they get to race there.

And as for posting out of frustration, maybe you can find that kindergarten teacher the last guy was talking about.

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »
I never said that they are both the fastest women in the world on a motorcycle. I said that they will have to share the title until they both run in the same sanctioned event. I do know who has the fastest recorded time. Its no secret. You obviously need to read my post again. Not being hypocritical. Not biased either. Who knows, maybe Leslie is faster at Maxton and Trillium is faster on the salt. But like I said, we wont know until they get to race there.

And as for posting out of frustration, maybe you can find that kindergarten teacher the last guy was talking about.

So you never said that they are both the fastest????? ok. So what title is it they should be sharing? I think you best reread what you posted, I quoted you and put that little bit in red, I realize you never said "motorcycle" but the rest of it you did post and we all know the records were made on motorcycles, so please sir, have another look at what you posted, not only is your memory short but maybe your eyesight or reading skills are lacking too.

Richard

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »

I saw that too?

Offline SniperCycle

• New User!
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2009, 12:02:32 PM »
I realize that you are just typing for effect. How about this...Yes, they are both the fastest women in the world on a motorcycle. One has a time slip and one has a record. I apologize, i did say in my original post that they are the fastest women in the world. No, i do not a literacy issue. Nor do i have an eyesight problem. Anything else you want to try and point out? Whatever it is, try not to make a point of it. There is no tell-all end-all to this issue. Let'em race.