Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ABS Busa 2010?  (Read 3494 times)

Offline CyberAngel

• New User!
ABS Busa 2010?
« on: February 15, 2009, 07:00:20 PM »
Any info or opinions...

Offline gands1369

• Rider
Re: ABS Busa 2010?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:18:53 PM »
In my humble opinion, no ABS!!!  If you buy a bike of this status and CALIBER you should not need ABS.  Keep ABS on the big cruisers and touring bikes not a sportbike.  If you need ABS on a sportbike you need to stick with a smaller bike.  By the time you graduate to a bike like a busa you should be capable enough to use the brakes in the manner they were ment to be used IE no assisitance.  But that is just my opinion and we all know opinions are like A**H**es, everybody has one.  So here is mine.
2008 Black/ Grey Busa

Offline 1Quikshifter

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 06:42:18 AM »

ABS you do have to worry about .... but even more so Traction control & any other additives they can think up, to spoil my sunday ride !! How about a built in anti radar device, atleast that would be useful >
If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he would of made cows out of wood !!

Offline Steve@OrientExpress

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Rider
    • Orient Express Racing
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 03:15:59 PM »
Traction control is already starting to become more present - most of the Suzuki sport models offer the mode selector switch this year for instance. Crude traction control..

ABS - I have ridden a few bikes with it, and once it did perhaps help. For the most part though, there is no substitute for experience, a good set of braided brake lines, and well bled and maintained brakes. My bike gives me incredible power and feedback through the lever. Some folks are not as sensitive though, or meticulous, and ABS goes a long way towards helping them in difficult situations.

The first time the ABS engaged on my cousin's R1150GS when I was riding it, it freaked me out. I was nowhere near the threshold for the brakes. That sudden feeling for a second that you are not slowing down is really weird. After that, I never engaged it again, and disabled it at the next stop (BMW usually allows for the ABS to be disengaged on most bikes).
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Steve@OrientExpress.com
http://www.orientexpress.com

I'm here to help - please email me with any questions for quickest reply!