Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 07 fi light  (Read 3190 times)

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
07 fi light
« on: February 07, 2009, 07:29:11 PM »
the 07 we just go has a frull brocks alie head on it. sit had the FI light on and with my experience  1000's it usuall hads to do with the wire running  to the emc abot the butterfly flap in the stock exhaust. I know it was brown/black on my 01-04 setups...whatwire is it that i pull on a 07.
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline Racetrack14

• Post Whore
  • First Father Daughter Team to Join the 200MPH Club
Re: 07 fi light
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 04:11:44 PM »
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000: Check F.I. Light Disconnect Instructions
When installing any Brock’s Performance Products Exhaust System on the 2007 GSX-R1000, the
following procedure must be followed to prevent illumination of the check F.I. Light.
1. Disconnect the cables form the factory exhaust control valve actuator (EXCVA) located under
seat/gas tank on the right side of the bike. DO NOT unplug the EXCVA electrical connectors
from the wiring harness. Do not remove the EXCVA unit.
2. Remove the OEM exhaust system, exhaust control valve and cables.
3. Install your Brock’s Performance Exhaust System according to the supplied instructions.
4. Locate the Black wire with White tracer (with two green dots) on the right side ECM coupler.
See Photo below.
5. Cut the wire approximately 1.5 inches back from the coupler and insulate both ends with
electrical tape.

I think this is what you were asking about? Follow the link for to see the pic of the wire and ECM.

http://www.brocksperformance.com/Instructions/GSX-R1000/gsxr1000_2007-08_FI_light_disconnectpdf.pdf

Racktrack