Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: my friend Dave Owens  (Read 8446 times)

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
my friend Dave Owens
« on: February 25, 2009, 08:41:12 PM »
i watched our video today for the first time in a long time and that was so hard to do. i have physically healed up alot to where you wouldnt know i was in a wheel chair for a week and in intensive care for awhile. its the emotional part of this that is so hard for me. when i came out of my fog and started realizing where i was, i missed dave so much that it was affecting my recovery. i didnt realize how much he cared about me and my well being and knowing it now after the fact just makes it so much harder. He was a very special individual that i took for granted and was so priviledged to of had a friend like him. I miss you Dave, you gave all of so much more than we gave you. Hopefullly one day i will see you again.
259.85 m.p.h. at Maxton, built and tuned by DaveO

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
Re: my friend Dave Owens
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 09:07:11 PM »
My truest feelings of sorrow for you and the deep loss of your close, close friend, Brother!

The healing process takes time. Take a breath and know that each day is new and there to give you the ability to grow and live,,, the way he would want you to!

Have faith in the infinite! Without faith,, there can be no hope!

PM me ! ! ! A N Y T I M E ! ! ! for support ! ! !
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline SlipFit02

• Rider
  • Yeah, I Know!,"Ride Till The End Ball Till I Fall"
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:13:05 PM »
Like cookie said P.M any time if you just need to get some stuff off you chest,or maybe tell me some stories of Dave and your self, This will help the healing process.
Quantum Motorsports
02 Busa' "PANIC ATTACK
Outlawfabshop.com
Port-tech

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 09:51:07 PM »
Let me tell you something. I just lost a dear friend on a cold morning December 10th 2008. She committed suicide by jumping from this languid and seemingly harmless bridge here in Seattle. The Aurora Bridge.

:| I had just spoke to her the day before, she said she would call me the following day to go with me to downtown Seattle to walk amongst the Christmas lights and people. We were laughing like little kids ready for recess looking forward to the next day. To my horror,,, I was given the news that she committed this unearthly act. I can't tell you how it felt,, you have your own feelings of what you are dealing with. But I will tell you it felt like I had had all of my guts ripped out of me. I was incapable of breathing, my heart stood still then jumped out of my chest!! I swore that whoever was playing this ugly trick on me would PAY! I ran over to her house,,, to grasp at anything I could find that was HER,, when I got there,, her Mother and Father were there to answer the door that I was beating on. With a confused look on there face,, I told them that someone had played a terrible joke on me and I demanded to know where she was!!  :cry: Sadly,, her mother told me "It is not a joke, I am sorry, Chris,,, she is gone!"  I collapsed at the door,, my knees for whatever reason could not support me. And I am not a small guy. I don't know what came over me,, my world had fallen apart around me,, I was in a dream,,, I didn't even know they were there,, it was so surreal. Christmas was celebrated a little differently this year.

The healing process is something that you need people around you to support you from the loss. Believe me,, I do have experience with this part of life. It never comes when you are ready,,, it comes when you are not.

I fought hard not to blame myself for any sign that she was giving me. Sadly,, there were no signs. She suffered in silence. I wish now that I done more,, but sadly, again,,, there is no way I could ever have known what was in her head of pain. I miss her deeply,, but I know she wants me to LIVE happy for her because she could not.

And that is my job now,, so YOU BUSA200,,, have me as a messenger to help you (or anyone else that silently reads this). All you have to do reach outside of yourself,, and ask me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:54:03 PM by Cookie »
-Chris

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
My Friend i am only a phone call away.
and yes I still tear up badly.
but Also Glad you are doing better
Official Site Tuner
Builder and tuner of some of the FASTEST motorcycle in the world
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 12:27:27 AM »
Charlie,

We all remember Dave and his selfless act of giving, Dave was one of the reasons I have the fastest ever speeds/records at 3 of 4 places I have ever raced/run at.

Dave is great and will be forever remembered by many people and I hope that we continue to remember how awesome he is..(you may note that I refer to Dave in the  "current" tense versus "past" tense.

John

Lauren, Jake, Josh, we all miss Dave immensely and hope the best for you  :thumb:

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 12:34:57 AM »
Johnny and John,, I am would never try to do anything except offer myself to anyone like Charlie that needs it. I hope you both know i was sincere. :|
-Chris

Offline Racetrack14

• Post Whore
  • First Father Daughter Team to Join the 200MPH Club
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 09:33:29 PM »
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body - but rather a skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, ‘WOW, what a ride!'"                                       
-Anonymous

This is one of Jen's favorite quotes and has become one of mine. I think this fits a lot of us that have that great need to race - Dave just got there before us.

Racetrack

Offline 1197Kaw

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 09:18:09 AM »
i watched our video today for the first time in a long time and that was so hard to do. i have physically healed up alot to where you wouldnt know i was in a wheel chair for a week and in intensive care for awhile. its the emotional part of this that is so hard for me. when i came out of my fog and started realizing where i was, i missed dave so much that it was affecting my recovery. i didnt realize how much he cared about me and my well being and knowing it now after the fact just makes it so much harder. He was a very special individual that i took for granted and was so priviledged to of had a friend like him. I miss you Dave, you gave all of so much more than we gave you. Hopefullly one day i will see you again.

As someone who spoke to Dave (not as much as you) I can say I don't think he felt taken advantage by you at all Charlie. He had a lot of respect for you. It was mutual.

I wish I could say the same about myself.

The loss of a great friend is something that we will carry for life. I hope you can think of the many great times and feel peace.

Get well Charlie

Jim
E.C.T.A. 200 Club (All Motor)

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 03:48:22 PM »
Jim,

You are correct, Dave had a great deal of respect for Charlie......and you too. Sometimes things got crazy, but he always knew who his real friends were. and who he could count on.

I miss him every day!
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline TURBO KING

• Fast Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 06:09:19 PM »
Call me anytime, Charlie.  I talked to Dave every week, if not every other day, and I know how you feel. 

He would call me "Special K" from time to time, and I can't tell you how important and proud I felt when he would call ME from time to time and ask my advice!  "Walt, what tire do I get for Charlie's bike?"  "Dave, get the Michelin Pilot Power Race Medium Compound."  " Thanks Walt.  I gotta go (click)"

I always pitted next to him at Maxton, because people would always save me a spot. 

I think of him all the time and often get very emotional when I think how I will never see him again and miss him.

There will never be anyone to replace him, both as a friend and a source of knowledge and inspiration.  Some of the top names in LSR have told me this as well.

We should all just be glad we go to know him while he was here.........

Walt :cry:

RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard, DaveO, Rick

Offline TURBO KING

• Fast Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 06:14:10 PM »
Chris, I am also sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.  The circumstances were just terrible.  I am sorry about your friend and I hope you are able to deal with such a tragedy.  I lost three very close friends in a car accident 2 years ago.  I had hunted all over the country with them for 10+ years, and they were gone in an instant.  One of them I worked with every day for 10 years.

I hope you feel better.

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard, DaveO, Rick

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 01:12:44 AM »
Chris, I am also sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.  The circumstances were just terrible.  I am sorry about your friend and I hope you are able to deal with such a tragedy.  I lost three very close friends in a car accident 2 years ago.  I had hunted all over the country with them for 10+ years, and they were gone in an instant.  One of them I worked with every day for 10 years.

I hope you feel better.

Walt

Thank you so much, Walt. Those words meant so much to me. I am truly sorry for the loss of your friends. How horrific to lose three all at the same time. There is,, no describing in words how empty it leaves you when these events happen. It IS your core group of friends and those that support you and time alone that bring you to everything , I believe, that those that have left will want of you,, and that is to live happily,,, for them,,, but mostly,,, for you!

Walking through the waterfront town of Kirkland on the night I had found out about Cori's death,,, I walked in the snow for hours and came upon this bonfire on the beach. She was strangely represented in the fire to me,, an eternal flame,, a heat, a warmth, an energy that told me to carry on! To live life to my fullest. This is what she would want and hard as it was to do,, I do this every day! And for all that is worth to say here, I thank God for His support. For without it,, I couldn't have come this far.

-photo taken w/ HTC Touch Diamond
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 01:15:18 AM by Cookie »
-Chris

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 07:02:37 AM »
Charlie,

I will see you at Maxton in May.  April is the HotRod event and I'm never ready in April.  I want to see you there, find a way, just be there.  You have to show up to get your new hat.

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline Team Millholland

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 05:20:28 PM »
Charlie,

Like you and the other fine folks here, our family misses DaveO.  We've know Dave since he was tuning the Suzuki's that use to run against Chad in Prostar but really got to know him well once he started coming to Maxton. He was someone we used to always look forward to visiting with.......such a great guy.

We all took another bad hit when you went down Charlie and I know it's been a long struggle to get back both physically and emotionally, we've prayed for you more than you'll ever know, just as we have for Dave's family.

Time may not heal all wounds but it does lessen the sting. We'll never forget DaveO and even though we may not see much of you Charlie, you're still in our thoughts and prayers.

Take care my friend,
Dan & the gang

Offline 106mm

• Post Whore
  • 2007 Turbo Hayabusa
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »
After reading posts like these, I'm humbled and proud to count myself among you. I never met Dave, but it's obvious that he left a huge hole in a lot of hearts. I really wish I would have met him.
2007 Turbo Hayabusa
442 hp
Texas Mile 200 mph club

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 08:29:07 PM »
Hey Charlie...Give us a call. We(Josh, Jake, And Dave's Mom, Dad and Sis) will be in Maxton in April and we hope to see ya'll there!
Much Love to everyone,
Lauren
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 08:30:43 PM by DaveO »
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline UBWARE

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 06:12:18 PM »
Charlie, i can't make Maxton till May because Dragbike runs next weekend in Atlanta. So i hope you come to May cause i really would like to see you again. I never ever will be able to forget your looking at me saying it is not good. Dave is tuning and riding with you all.

Wayne
HTP Performance-- We Strokem & Sprayem--CP/Carrillo, Motec, Motul , M/T Tires, Vance & Hines, APE, DME, JRI, Worldwide Bearings, Wayne's Bar and Grill.  Current quickest stock motor motorcyle with bolt on parts in 1/4 @ 8.42

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »
Charlie, I could tell when talking to you over the weekend how much you miss racing and Dave. Keep your head up and enjoy what ya'll accomplished together, you are part of that 1%  :thumb: