Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Busa wiring problems??  (Read 18655 times)

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
Re: Busa wiring problems??
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 01:02:59 AM »
You need someone that can troubleshoot with the bike in person, Bro. Do you have someone near you trust and that knows Hayabusa's?

Is it NOT throwing ANY codes at all on the gauge cluster? You know where to look, right? No codes at all?  :? It honestly sounds like your ECM is having huge difficulties trying to figure out what is going on,,, if my PC was doing this,, I would be looking to do a 'Restart'.  :?
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline seansr08

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 07:20:54 AM »
Well i know a couple techs at various shops around, but nobody that has knowledge of hayabusas :cry:

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »
The temp gauge will go to full hot when the engine kill switch is set to "off", that's completely normal.

If there was an engine swap, make sure the ECU and the sensors are correct. For example, the early Busas used a 16 bit ECU and a different sensor to run it. Later bikes (I think '02 and up) used a 32 bit ECU and had a different crank pickup. Make sure all the sensors are plugged in the correct places, there is at least one connector that can be plugged into the wrong sensor, I can't remember which 2 use the same connectors at the moment....

I'd also post this in the "All Motor" section, there are some very sharp people in that area who may be able to shed some light on your issue(s) 

Thomas

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Thomas

Offline seansr08

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 06:12:38 PM »
Well after messing with this and checking and rechecking everything, I decided to start with a whole new ecu ,wiring harness, coils, everything! Hopefully the problem is in there somewhere. It should be in next week so ill put it on and keep yall posted

Offline seansr08

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2009, 11:02:14 PM »
Well just to let everyone know that the problem was somewhere in the wiring. It runs great now. Exept for the cluster is still messed up, so im thinking whatever messed up the wiring messed up the cluster too.  :(.. So if anyone on here has one for sale, Could you hook me up with one. I have cash in hand!
Thanks again for all the help guys, Im a newbie here but I will def recommend this site!!  :lol: