Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: A question for the slider guys  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Violent J

• Rider
A question for the slider guys
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:45:21 PM »
When running a slider, how do you rig the switch on the clutch lever to start the bike?
Fu_k it all, fu_k this world, fu_k everything you stand for! Don't belong, don't exit, don't give a shit, don't ever judge me!-Slipknot

Offline Competitive Edge Racing Cylinder Heads

• Mad Post Whore
  • We Makem Go-Fast!!!!
Re: A question for the slider guys
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 07:05:35 PM »

:thumb:      :thumb:   I gutted the turn signal spot & put a button!!!!!  :thumb:     :thumb: 
Official Site Shop
New best 6.87 @ 193 MPH    

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 10:02:38 PM »
I wired mine to the flash to pass button (which is on '05 and newer models)... 

A lot of folks just leave the clutch lever and switch in place.

Offline milesbm

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 07:47:19 PM »
I took the switch off the clutch lever and zip tied it to the wire harness the runs to the left handle bar.  Just pressed the button to start the bike.  I read elsewhere on here that you don't just want to bypass it because then a 10K limiter kicks in.

Offline quick60

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 10:39:44 PM »
Leave it in place and use the clutch lever to for the rear brake.

Offline Money Making Busa

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 07:12:49 AM »
The easiest thing to do is, just join the 2 wires that go to the clutch switch ! Bam your done ! just be carefully because now the bike can start when it's in gear !  8)

Offline LeasingGuy

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 08:07:35 AM »
The easiest thing to do is, just join the 2 wires that go to the clutch switch ! Bam your done ! just be carefully because now the bike can start when it's in gear !  8)

:tz:   DONT DO THAT!
TAG Motorsports
NHRA #317
AMA D-18 MX #775

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 09:00:13 AM »

Why not ? the only down fall i see is the bike being able to start in gear !  :?

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 07:44:25 AM »

Why not ? the only down fall i see is the bike being able to start in gear !  :?

Because the timing is retarded when the clutch lever is pulled in...  By doing that, you're permanently retarding the timing.

FWIW, it's no biggie starting a slider bike in gear.  It won't go anywhere until the rev are up enough to make the clutch start coupling up.  :thumb:

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 10:35:40 AM »

Because the timing is retarded when the clutch lever is pulled in...  By doing that, you're permanently retarding the timing.

FWIW, it's no biggie starting a slider bike in gear.  It won't go anywhere until the rev are up enough to make the clutch start coupling up.  :thumb:

Thanks for answering that question ! just learnt something !  :thumb:

Offline milesbm

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 01:20:25 PM »

Thanks for answering that question ! just learnt something !  :thumb:

Are you sure it's from the clutch to retard the timing?  I was informed that the retard comes from the start button.  Otherwise when you pulled the clutch to shift it would change the timing which I don't think happens.

Offline The Kid

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 08:56:14 PM »

because  will come in at 10,000 not at 10,800
The Kid