Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Anybody running a Multi-Stage MTC on a shortarm Busa?  (Read 1969 times)

Offline SpeedVirus1

• Rider
Anybody running a Multi-Stage MTC on a shortarm Busa?
« on: February 08, 2009, 12:04:43 PM »
Just wondering if anyone is running this set up. I want to try and get it as close as I can without stretching it. The guy I bought it from sent it to me just like he had it in his bike. But we have to different set ups. He had a 6in arm and turbo at around 7lbs. I just have a big motor bike around 220/116 which are to totaly different beast. I ride on the street every now and then to work, but I really don't care about the street I would rather keep it on the track! Right now its seems I need to leave with the rpms screaming to get out the hole. I can't slip it because it will stand straight up or just blow the tire off. I know there is a way to get it close enough to be able to just throw the clutch away! I shouldn't have traction problems anymore I will be having a dragtech put on this week. Any help with clutch set up would be great. He sent me all the shims, weights, and springs but nothing is labeled I have calipers to measure so any help would be appreciated. I planned on calling MTC monday to see if they could point me in the right direction. I don't have to know all the secrets I just want to go in the right direction...thanks

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
Re: Anybody running a Multi-Stage MTC on a shortarm Busa?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »
what rpm are you launching at?  are you throwing away the lever?  is the bike stock wheelbase?

Offline SpeedVirus1

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 02:49:13 PM »
Yes, it is stock wheelbase. I am leaving around 7500-8 grand and throwing it away pretty quickly.

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 05:51:09 PM »
can you say test and tune session            spend alot of time playing with the setup light static pressure and start backing down the springs and weight one section at a time

Offline SpeedVirus1

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:46:51 PM »
Test and tune is obvious! I wanted to see if I could atleast get in the ball park the guys sent all the parts with nothing labeled so it just makes it a little harder. No worries though I went to the web site and found instructions so that should help some. Atleast I know what setting causes what now....atleast with the spring pressure anyway. This is my first lock up so its trial and error for me.

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:53:39 PM »
when you say your throwing the levr pretty quickly, does that mean your sliding it fast, or your dumping it? sliding it fast will never work because you cant do it the same every time. before you can make any positive changes to the lockup, your launch actions have to be the same everytime, or the results you get from changes will be affected by that. just something to keep in mind.

Offline SpeedVirus1

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 08:51:08 PM »
Yea I figured that out pretty quick...it doesn't like to be slid. I throw it away I just meant that my timing was a little off at first.  I know I want to be able to just dump it (throw it away) right off the light.

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 09:16:57 PM »
you will have to do alot of playing with it it is different for everyone        different riding styles     horsepower       chasis        gearing    what might work great for one guy might not work at all for someone else        set it up per the instructions and use that as a starting point then go from there if it wheelies lighten it up if it doesnt start adding springs and weight till it does and back it up a touch

Offline SpeedVirus1

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 10:05:14 PM »
you will have to do alot of playing with it it is different for everyone        different riding styles     horsepower       chasis        gearing    what might work great for one guy might not work at all for someone else        set it up per the instructions and use that as a starting point then go from there if it wheelies lighten it up if it doesnt start adding springs and weight till it does and back it up a touch

Thanks, thats what I did today I pulled up the instructions and got out the calipers so I will just take everything with me to the track!  :thumb:

Offline SpeedVirus1

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 09:59:16 PM »
Its gotten alot better just taken some time. Now I need to get the timing down on the throttle and not letting the rpms fall... :thumb:

Offline turbojoe7805

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 09:12:37 PM »
won't be easy with that much power and short w/b.   Try 4k start