Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Something new to keep from spraying in 1st Gear  (Read 44222 times)

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Something new to keep from spraying in 1st Gear
« on: March 22, 2009, 12:13:46 PM »
This doesn't reuqire any gps mods or anything, pretty simple.

To be used with horn button, i would assume most guys spraying are running an air shifter.  Once you tap the air shifter once and are in 2nd gear, the box will let nitrous come on (made to work with me ECU nos harness) assuming the other window / wot / toggle switch conditions are met.

Even without an air shifter you could tap into the ground side of the horn, a quick beep of the horn whenever the bike is stable enough to spray.

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline leathalbusa

• Rider
Re: Something new to keep from spraying in 1st Gear
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:30:38 PM »
Now you Tell Me....... :bah:

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 01:17:12 AM »
GIVE ME SOME MORE INFO GREG. I BOUGHT THE NITROUS HARNESS AND HAVE IT WIRED IN PER YOUR DIRECTION. THIS NEW HARNESS TAPS INTO THAT NITROUS HARNESS AND TURNS HORN BUTTOM TO SPRAY ACTIVATION. SO WHEN I HIT SECOND NITROUS ACTIVATES FOLLOWS MAP AT MAP SWITCHING. RIGHT?iF SO HOW MUCH? SOUNDS LIKE THIS WOULD BE A PERFECT WAY FROM LOOPING IN 1ST GEAR, HOPEFULLY NOT BLOWING THE TIRE OFF IN SECOND. I MAP IN DUPLICATE TO YOU ON AT 6000 OFF AT 11,200 REV LIMIT SET AT 11,500. RIGHT NOW I AM FIGHTING TRACTION ISSUES ON MOTOR 1-2 SHIFT AND 2-3 BLOWING TIRE OFF. BUT THAT WAS THIS WEEKEND THEY QUIT PREPPING TRACK AFTER COMPETITION. I WAS ONLY TESTING AND TUNING. I LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS NEW HARNESS IF THAT IS HOW IT WORKS, I LIKE THE AUTO WINDOW SWITCH ACTIVATION, JUST WANT IT AT THE RIGHT TIME. ALL FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 05:35:19 AM »
Now you Tell Me....... :bah:

I just made it yesterday LOL
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 05:36:34 AM »
GIVE ME SOME MORE INFO GREG. I BOUGHT THE NITROUS HARNESS AND HAVE IT WIRED IN PER YOUR DIRECTION. THIS NEW HARNESS TAPS INTO THAT NITROUS HARNESS AND TURNS HORN BUTTOM TO SPRAY ACTIVATION. SO WHEN I HIT SECOND NITROUS ACTIVATES FOLLOWS MAP AT MAP SWITCHING. RIGHT?iF SO HOW MUCH? SOUNDS LIKE THIS WOULD BE A PERFECT WAY FROM LOOPING IN 1ST GEAR, HOPEFULLY NOT BLOWING THE TIRE OFF IN SECOND. I MAP IN DUPLICATE TO YOU ON AT 6000 OFF AT 11,200 REV LIMIT SET AT 11,500. RIGHT NOW I AM FIGHTING TRACTION ISSUES ON MOTOR 1-2 SHIFT AND 2-3 BLOWING TIRE OFF. BUT THAT WAS THIS WEEKEND THEY QUIT PREPPING TRACK AFTER COMPETITION. I WAS ONLY TESTING AND TUNING. I LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS NEW HARNESS IF THAT IS HOW IT WORKS, I LIKE THE AUTO WINDOW SWITCH ACTIVATION, JUST WANT IT AT THE RIGHT TIME. ALL FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

yeah this would make it so a mometary tap of the horn button arms nitrous, as long as ecu editor rpm window, wot, and your toggle switch are all on it would be able to spray after the first tap of the horn button.  if you have 1-2shift issues with traction I could only imagine this wouldn't help LOL
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 09:04:04 AM »
how much for you to make me one. Im sure this new shinko will heat up enought to resolve the traction issue.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 09:24:18 AM »
Good question lol...that one is a prototype, sorta not official inside, but functions, the guy I made it for is going to test within a week or 2 I hope

My bike hasn't been retuned yet so didn't want to spray my bike

It works on the bench and on the bike without actualy running down the road etc

If it works out well I'd like to actually design a circuit board for it etc so its a more robust design
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 10:17:14 PM »
I have been thinking about this since I got your nitrous harness. I'll probably get one too if the price is right cause I was thinking about getting a inexpensive delay switch from Dynotune to run inline with the ECU setup. I'm assuming I could use one before the nitrous solenoid w/o a relay?

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 05:39:02 AM »
I have been thinking about this since I got your nitrous harness. I'll probably get one too if the price is right cause I was thinking about getting a inexpensive delay switch from Dynotune to run inline with the ECU setup. I'm assuming I could use one before the nitrous solenoid w/o a relay?

whats there delay switch cost?
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 07:52:52 AM »
this kind of makes me wonder if there are still going to be updates/enhancements done to the ecu program. Couldn't this all be programed into the system? I hope the ecu editor isn't already becoming a "legacy system"  :cry:
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 08:33:08 AM »
I'm sure it could

Petrik is concentrating on 08 to 09 busas right now

And myself and other guys need something now, so it might be possible in a few months or a year but I don't want to spray in 1st right now lol
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 11:21:32 AM »

whats there delay switch cost?

$69 It looks like something you could make. And never mind about the relay, they say you need one with this unit.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=107

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 11:30:54 AM »
i thought about something like that too, my only fear would be a screwed up launch or something and you blast it top of 1st gear and stand it straight up.  wife's bike is stock wheel base.  I dont honestly know on $$$ for this, i have to add it all up, i am usually tempted to throw out a cheap price and kick my self in the ass repeatedly every time i build one (got a number of things i sell like this LOL).  Tech support always plays a role too LOL.

Good thing is that this would be plug and play, just velcro the box, and plug stuff in and it should work.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 12:03:07 PM »
I'll probably get your setup anyway. I'm still doing the turbo anyway, this is just keeping me busy.

Offline leathalbusa

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 06:21:23 PM »
Same here Greg

I'll take one of your delay boxes...

Offline xquizitzx10

• Post Whore
  • Live life as if it was your last!!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 09:25:34 AM »
U gotta stop coming out with all these kool boxes i have no more room in my bike for anything else :hys: j/k  BUMP for another nice piece of work u have done again!  :thumb: :thumb:

CARPENTER POWERED!!
HAYS PERFORMANCE!!
MTC ENGINEERING!!
UNDERPRESSURE!!
$$GETSUM$$

Offline gfast2

• Rider
  • aka gfast
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 08:18:45 PM »
Put me down for 1 as well.
2006 busa
total redo

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 08:26:41 PM »
I would like to be on the first proven run of these Greg. Keep me on the list ronhightracing@q.com Thanks

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 08:57:12 PM »
wife's bike is stock wheel base. 

I love how you still call it your Wife's bike....   :lol:
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 09:06:18 PM »
wife's bike is stock wheel base. 

I love how you still call it your Wife's bike....   :lol:

she finds it amusing as well, and now quickly corrects me when i start saying your bike LOL
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »
I have another one i just put together as a prototype

I need someone to test it for me, but I need someone with a voltmeter and who knows you to use it if we need to trouble shoot anything.  And I need someone who will put this on their bike ASAP and report back with feedback one way or the other.

Ive got one out there, but only been dry tested on the bench and hasn't ran the bike with it yet, would like to have another person using it saying she all works good before investing in a circuit board etc and making up a small run of them.

post up here if interested and how soon you can put it to work and we can work out details.  Ill make up a harness as close as I can to make the install easy for you.

And assuming it works and you like it, once i make up the official ones Ill send one out with a new harness free of charge.

On this one, sorry no overseas guys, will take too long to ship over etc.  I would like to test it here, but we are supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow tonight, WTF!!!

For connections:

+12V Key on Power
Ground
Ground Input (from your horn / air shifter)
+12V Output after the horn has been tapped once, this remains on until you shut the key off then back on.

So the 12V coming out should be ran into your existing NOS setup, ran into a wot or window switch etc.

Greg

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline conrad

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 09:05:19 PM »
I'll do some testing for you.  I do have a voltmeter and know how to use it so we can do some testing.  I can test whenever since we have a Dyno. Weather has broke so we have been getting some decent riding days also. 

Conrad

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 09:06:38 PM »
i forget, do you have my ecu nos harness already or no?
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline conrad

• Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 09:29:55 PM »
I wired mine up before all the fancy plug and play stuff was available from the original diagrams Petrik put up, both the shifter and the nitrous activation.  Aslong as you didn't deviate much from those it should be pretty much the same.  My nitrous activation relay gets activated from ground provided by the brown wire and runs power from the orange /white and my shifter is activated from the horn and connects the gps wires through a small 220ohm resistor to initiate the kill.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 09:36:13 PM »
I wired mine up before all the fancy plug and play stuff was available from the original diagrams Petrik put up, both the shifter and the nitrous activation.  Aslong as you didn't deviate much from those it should be pretty much the same.  My nitrous activation relay gets activated from ground provided by the brown wire and runs power from the orange /white and my shifter is activated from the horn and connects the gps wires through a small 220ohm resistor to initiate the kill.

Well this would work easy enough, replace your orange wire connection with the orange wire coming out of this box, its only +12V after you tap the horn button once.    Why white wire would just need to see a ground signal when you tap the horn button

other than that just power and ground to red and black, and i can wire those to the euro connector if you still have it.

any chance of getting it on the bike and testing on the road or just dyno only?

I would need to know where you want to place the box, and then how far to the euro connector, orange wire, and horn input from the box to know what to do with the harness etc.

i set it up on the original one to sit on the left ram air tube, and would reach the factory horn connector, the flapper valve connector, and the euro connector.

Greg
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com