Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Something new to keep from spraying in 1st Gear  (Read 44220 times)

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
Re: Something new to keep from spraying in 1st Gear
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2009, 10:33:12 PM »
I'd do it but the bike is quite a bit apart right now. I couldn't get to it till next week.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 10:36:05 PM »
I'd do it but the bike is quite a bit apart right now. I couldn't get to it till next week.

cool thanks for getting back with me,

Conrad we are on if you wanna try it out, just let me know on the harness and lengths etc I can ship it out asap once i build up the harness for it and we can see what we see :)
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline conrad

• Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2009, 10:50:57 PM »
Mounting on the left ram air tube will work fine.  Yeah I will be able to get it out on the road to do some testing.  I'm sure lots will enjoy that functionality. 

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 10:08:17 AM »
Hey Greg I have your nitrous harness hookup, recent install with 50 hp dry shot with spray bar in air box from Gixxer. Use Zex system have the large Zex solenoid wired to your harness feeding back of air box with shot. Went to track this week end, we had a cool snap hre in Phoenix if you can believe that. Bottle pressures low 700lb not good for shot, did not have bottle warmer. Long story short would like to try new harness for 2nd gear activation at horn button. I use a co2 system with MPS Autobox and MPS electric valve. I also use your interface equipment to remapp. I do it on the bench before track time. I keep 2 ECU's to have two set ups at track. Stil A little poor with all these race parts needed to buy laptop. LOL Drop me a line if i can help, I am certified maechanic with DVOM. Dont have dyno set up. But i do have the balls just to put it on and run it. Is that balls or stupidity? only time will tell.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 11:43:23 AM »
Hey Greg I have your nitrous harness hookup, recent install with 50 hp dry shot with spray bar in air box from Gixxer. Use Zex system have the large Zex solenoid wired to your harness feeding back of air box with shot. Went to track this week end, we had a cool snap hre in Phoenix if you can believe that. Bottle pressures low 700lb not good for shot, did not have bottle warmer. Long story short would like to try new harness for 2nd gear activation at horn button. I use a co2 system with MPS Autobox and MPS electric valve. I also use your interface equipment to remapp. I do it on the bench before track time. I keep 2 ECU's to have two set ups at track. Stil A little poor with all these race parts needed to buy laptop. LOL Drop me a line if i can help, I am certified maechanic with DVOM. Dont have dyno set up. But i do have the balls just to put it on and run it. Is that balls or stupidity? only time will tell.

I sure appreciate the offer, Conrad and I spoke last night and I am going to be sending him this one tomorrow. Assuming it works as expected etc. I am going to order up the circuit boards for a small run of them.  I have it pretty much done just dont want to pull the trigger to early so to speak LOL.

Ill for sure let you know on progress :)

Greg
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »
Conrad's a good guy who's certainly sharp enough to help.... good choice  :thumb:
Thomas

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 07:49:39 AM »
Conrad it shipped out USPS Priority Today, you should receive it Thursday or Friday at the latest.

It has 2 indication LEDs on it.  Red just showing it has power and ground, and green which comes on once the horn input has been used.  The green will stay on until you cycle the key off then back on to reset it.

Greg
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline conrad

• Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 11:43:27 PM »
Greg,

I got the box today so I will let you know the results tomorrow evening.  I spent some time on the dyno last night with some good results so it will be pretty easy to tell if the nitrous is kicking in or not when I hit second! haha.  I stopped at 311hp and 179ft/lbs of torque with plenty fuel left using the Bosch intank pump.  ECU editor is controlling the activation, pulling some timing and I have the PNC3000 to controll the nitrous.   It's a pretty simple setup and nice not having all the extra boxes like the shift kill box, EFIR, MSD RPM window switch etc. that ECU editor allows you to eliminate!

Conrad

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 06:08:22 AM »
Awesome :). Man that's a lot of nos :)
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 08:57:53 AM »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Thomas

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 09:35:56 AM »
HOOORAAA! :thumb:

Offline conrad

• Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2009, 01:34:34 AM »
Greg I would say it's ready for production.  Very simple install and works just as designed.  I didn't have any issues with the box.  Thanks for the oppurtunity to test it out.  I'm sure lots of people will enjoy one of these.

Conrad

Offline Money Making Busa

• Rider
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2009, 10:49:12 AM »
So whats the price Greg ?  8)  :thumb:

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2009, 11:11:06 AM »
Not sure yet gotta order the circuit boards and cases and see parts and labor time

Under 100 I would say, how much TBD lol
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2009, 11:37:16 AM »
Conrad thanks so much :). If you would like a production one ill trade ya when I have them

Any issues with harness lengths etc?
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2009, 08:21:58 PM »
I wouldn't mind if the harness length was another few inches so I have options on where to put it with other electronics already installed. I like to have some of the electronics  more towards the rear as my bottle is in the front of the hump.

Oh, I'm ready for a setup as well.

Thanks Conrad for such a speedy testing of the equipment.  :thumb:

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2009, 08:33:05 PM »
i setup conrads to sit on the left ram air tube.  but i could make it however long.  My plan was to maybe have a busa harness, and then a generic harness like most companies supply, 6 foot wire flying leads or something.

i am going to order circuit boards on monday, so probably a week or 2 after that should have some production ones ready. 

Greg
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2009, 09:45:25 PM »
Mounting it up front around the ram-air tube is actually fine. Besides once the turbo is installed, I can utilize a lot of that area.

Offline conrad

• Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2009, 10:41:40 PM »
Conrad thanks so much :). If you would like a production one ill trade ya when I have them

Any issues with harness lengths etc?

Greg, this box will work just fine for me, so no worries about trading it out.  The harness length worked out well and I like having it up on the ram air tube out of the way since it's not something you need to worry about adjusting etc. 

Thanks,
Conrad

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2009, 04:06:57 PM »
Hope I am one the first run list, please keeep me posted where I can put the ducets back for purchase. Bike it headed to tuner in a week or two  to Superfinishers in Phoenix. Would like to have harness then to make final map adjustments  while there.  I :thumb: am one of your big supporters, dont forget about me please.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2009, 04:24:23 PM »
No worries man :). Mno idea how these will do, got a few of you requesting them so ill get them going and see what happens :)
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2009, 05:03:49 PM »
No rush Greg........but I 'd like one before Friday........  :lol:

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2009, 05:06:15 PM »
No problem, which friday is rhe question haha
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2009, 05:14:32 PM »
Bottom line Greg I TRUST your know how, and you ride as well. BUilds a soilid confidence in me in you products. Only issue thus far with interface equipment is I use Vista, it gves me a little screwed up error message in the beggining, but I am able to pericervere through it with little or no problems. I support good wood on the productds I have used thus far, Lets produce this one and I am ready to play with it. You have my ful support on your products. I will verballly support all positive effects I have on your and with your equipment. ronhightracing@q.com :thumb: :thumb:

Offline br1tish

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2009, 07:48:27 PM »
Greg just got back from the track. your set up worked perfectly . great job bud will call you later with more info