Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Which Nitrous Controller for LSR?  (Read 3485 times)

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
Which Nitrous Controller for LSR?
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:46:47 PM »
Which Nitrous Controller for LSR do you guys recommend? I have bought almost all of the components I need for a wet nitrous system with the exception of FI module like Power Commander or Bazzaz and a nitrous controller. I want to bring the nitrous on slowly or in stages so the tire does not break loose. Most of my racing with nitrous will be at El Mirage and I may make it to Bonneville next year. The motor at this point is going to be stock with exception to a header and the air box mod if I can find it.........any advice is greaty appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:49:08 PM by isiahstites »
Seek to understand, then to be understood.

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
Re: Which Nitrous Controller for LSR?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »
Should I post this in the nitrous section?

Scott

Offline Nosgsx1300

• Mad Post Whore
  • RCC GT4088R WHOOOT
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:05:51 AM »
for LSR
I used none

I was using the spray in fifth and sixth
RCC GT4088R
2011 Loring 204.88mph "naked"
2015 Loring 220.01743 MPH Faired in fifth gear

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »
for LSR
I used none

I was using the spray in fifth and sixth

At El Mirage a 80 or 100 shot would break the tire loose. Maybe at Bonneville, once to speed you could hit it and it wouldn't break loose.

Scott

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 12:00:44 PM »
Scott,

I used to spray 60hp with no controller with no problems at Bville because you have plenty of real estate there.
At El Mirage it would just blow the tire away.

I ended up using a schnitz two dial. I hit the juice in 3rd gear at el mirage and bingo 202mph record and a 2 club membership.

Talk to Ryan Schnitz and he may be able to take out the 15 second max on time. If you are lucky he will sponsor you for a box :D
Sponsored by: CATALYST COMPOSITES, RCC Turbos,
Scott Guthrie Racing, Helmet House, NJK Leathers, Atomic Speedware, Innovate, Bridgestone, Dumonde tech oils, Spider grips, Boost by Smith, Worldwide Bearings.

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 12:03:23 PM »
Scott,

I used to spray 60hp with no controller with no problems at Bville because you have plenty of real estate there.
At El Mirage it would just blow the tire away.

I ended up using a schnitz two dial. I hit the juice in 3rd gear at el mirage and bingo 202mph record and a 2 club membership.

Talk to Ryan Schnitz and he may be able to take out the 15 second max on time. If you are lucky he will sponsor you for a box :D

Thanks Jason I appreciate the reply and input.

Scott

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »
No problem.

Pm if you have any questions.

Sponsored by: CATALYST COMPOSITES, RCC Turbos,
Scott Guthrie Racing, Helmet House, NJK Leathers, Atomic Speedware, Innovate, Bridgestone, Dumonde tech oils, Spider grips, Boost by Smith, Worldwide Bearings.

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 11:31:15 AM »
Yep Ryan is a great guy, very fast to respond. If you can pm VincentHill, he has quite a bit of knowledge on NO2 boxes and uses one that has quite a few bells and whistles, It'll even turn the Nitrous off if A/F gets too lean. EGT gauge might come in handy for extended runs. Maybe post up on DragBikeZone.com, great bunch of fellas and most have tons of experience/knowledge.

Gary

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 11:40:25 AM »
Curious, what kind of bike will you be riding? That may determine if you want to use a PC or Bazzaz, talk to a good tunner JohnnyCheese (512) 767-4273 or Mr. Schnitz and get the pros and cons of each. Just let them know your intended application.

Gary

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 05:32:17 PM »
Curious, what kind of bike will you be riding? That may determine if you want to use a PC or Bazzaz, talk to a good tunner JohnnyCheese (512) 767-4273 or Mr. Schnitz and get the pros and cons of each. Just let them know your intended application.

Gary

Good question, I guess I just took it for granted that everyone would know it was a Hayabusa since this a Hayabusa forum. My fault, as I have seen plenty of other threads on different types of bikes here. My bike is a 03' Hayabusa.

Thanks for all of the replies,
Scott

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 08:13:53 AM »
In my opinion and in general, for the average persons application, I'd run a PC for a gen 1 Busa. If it were a gen II Busa I would consider the Bazzaz. If you look at the reflash ecu software stuff, just be aware of the added time it might take to tune with comparably.

Gary

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 08:22:20 AM »
If your on a budget, like me lol, a cheap two dial might do the trick. You can find them on the for sale section for a good price at times. Any ideas how much N20 you would like to run? Also will you be taking out timing? EFIR, other unit?