Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: BROCK'S PERFORMANCE SHOCK LEAVES ME IN SHOCK  (Read 9854 times)

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
Re: BROCK'S PERFORMANCE SHOCK LEAVES ME IN SHOCK
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 11:19:35 PM »
ok i checked out those time slips and  i wouldnt say the shock did that increase              is this a turbo or nitrous or motor  bike what was the humidity and the temp at the time of all the runs       was there a wind difference             i have seen a 4 mph difference in a day of running from morning to night as all these things change                      i will be verry interested to see the time slips after you spend a little time with this shock and see if you can better any of this                     and you had a approximatly 4 mph variance with the stock shock setup and you were more consistent with the replacement shock also you slowed down with the aftermarket shock in the 60 and the 1/8 but you also attributed that to the wheelie and the tire spin          what doesnt make sense is with the dew on the track as stated you mph faster on the big end did you short shift any gears on this pass?     anyway good luck keep us informed and post the progress i am verry interested

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 07:51:55 AM »
Just wanted to let everyone know what has been going on with my bike. Bryan at QUANTUM with help and parts from BROCK'S PERFORMANCE helped me assemble a 66" all motor grudge type busa. This bike has all Brock's normal go fast parts including the Ti-Winder pipe, window type lowering links ,triple clamp, and cams...

All Motor  :bah: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Thomas

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 09:57:14 AM »
Great passes , but i see the speed increasing but not the times or the 60 ft

Ok, now that i have learned to read i see the foot notes...lol
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:12:59 AM by 13 »
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline Brock

• Site Supporter
  • Rider
    • http://www.brockracing.com
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 11:19:43 AM »
This was out of the box with our baseline settings. A shock cannot be tuned in 2 passes on a track steadily getting wet with dew. Both passes with our Dragshock resulted in gas-rolling wheel stands before the 60 foot clocks because it was the first time the bike had hooked properly on the launch and the rest of the setup was now off. Once we get back out on a good track, we will adjust the launch settings for his combination. All of his newfound additional traction will require adjustments to his clutch, gearing, launch rpm, riding style etc.

Look for 60 ft's solidly in the 1.20's with some tuning, in addition to the noted improvements in top end traction,  which I'm sure will result in the type of ET's he believes this bike should run given its current power level.

Please remember that the entire object of installing the shock was because of his extreme frustration that all of his power was not being applied to the racetrack. As a drag racer, he knows that quarter-mile mile-per-hour and back half ET's at the drag strip show how truly powerful and engine is and how well it is tuned dynamically taking RAM air into consideration- more so than what the Dyno says under static conditions . He knows what kind of mile-per-hour the bike should be running …. It just wouldn't do it because it was spinning and he couldn't feel it.

He used these examples of how amazed he was in the clear increase in performance and wanted to share it with others. Seriously….he REALLY didn't want to drop all that money on a Dragshock but how can you argue with the results? Sonny’s bike will be really flying soon once everything is fine tuned and working together.

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com
Official Site Supporter

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 12:13:04 PM »
hey brock this is jim from indy (dave davis's buddie)              i wasnt trying to argue or question i am just really interested in this i understand the principle behind it but i have posted on this site and the other 3 sites i visit and have not got a straight answer yet                         and no gaurentee on what i can pick up in 60 foot or other times down the track                                     the only person to try to answer this was a sales rep at orient express                                  you know as well as anyone to only pick up a couple hundreths isnt worth 800 + dollars a nos jet is only 12 bucks haha (unless you are running a heads up class)                                      but if it will make things more consistent overall and pick up a tenth or more makes it definatly worth it  or at least worth considering                 i spoke with lenny at racetech about this at the dealer show and he broke it down a little better for me and did convince me that i really needed a new spring at a minumum and i did purchase a 1000 # spring for the stock shock and am going to try it with some diferent dampaning and see what happens to my 60 foot time and spray with it                         if that works i will go from there and from what i see of this article and what results it represents                          but you said you were going to make some clutch mods i assume that this bike has a slider in it?             also i am assuming that this is the first year for this bike to be run                                         i would really like to see what would be gained by a bike already running consistent 60 and et to replace the shock only and see what is gained by that set up i know some things would have to be adjusted to get more power to the ground but so far no one i have spoke with has been able to say yes if you do this you will get this result                                     just like if you put in a piston kit you know you will gain about this much power or with a stroker crank you know that if you put this amount of stroke you will gain this much power and torque it just seems like there is nothing cut and dry about a shock as of yet or at least no one is telling if there is               
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:17:06 PM by 1badassbusa1962 »

Offline FASTESTUNKNOWN

• Rider
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »
This was out of the box with our baseline settings. A shock cannot be tuned in 2 passes on a track steadily getting wet with dew. Both passes with our Dragshock resulted in gas-rolling wheel stands before the 60 foot clocks because it was the first time the bike had hooked properly on the launch and the rest of the setup was now off. Once we get back out on a good track, we will adjust the launch settings for his combination. All of his newfound additional traction will require adjustments to his clutch, gearing, launch rpm, riding style etc.

Look for 60 ft's solidly in the 1.20's with some tuning, in addition to the noted improvements in top end traction,  which I'm sure will result in the type of ET's he believes this bike should run given its current power level.

Please remember that the entire object of installing the shock was because of his extreme frustration that all of his power was not being applied to the racetrack. As a drag racer, he knows that quarter-mile mile-per-hour and back half ET's at the drag strip show how truly powerful and engine is and how well it is tuned dynamically taking RAM air into consideration- more so than what the Dyno says under static conditions . He knows what kind of mile-per-hour the bike should be running …. It just wouldn't do it because it was spinning and he couldn't feel it.

He used these examples of how amazed he was in the clear increase in performance and wanted to share it with others. Seriously….he REALLY didn't want to drop all that money on a Dragshock but how can you argue with the results? Sonny’s bike will be really flying soon once everything is fine tuned and working together.

Brock

Brock is truly right once the shock went on and the bike began to hook, the clutch and gearing set-up went south. This bike will be back out friday and I will post numbers.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 06:19:26 PM »
Sonny - keep that up and you can run with GeorgeC and Gixxerjon as they are all motor as well.

Nice running bike... :thumb:

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 09:32:24 PM »
and yes those are some good numvers for all motor bike verry good  :thumb:

Offline BRYAN

• Rider
    • www.quantummotorsportsonline.com
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2009, 07:45:56 PM »
As soon as we get the bike running consistantly where it should we are going to put some BST's on it. I want to know what they are worth. A tenth and 2 mph would be great! We will see. Stay tuned.

Offline Brock

• Site Supporter
  • Rider
    • http://www.brockracing.com
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2009, 01:07:42 PM »
Jim,

I can't even reply to what you said without sounding like I am bashing someone’s products or advice.... so I am going to be quiet.

Let me know how it works out for you.

We will keep everyone posted on Sonny's test results.

Brock
Official Site Supporter

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2009, 02:00:32 PM »
thats cool like i said i will be watching to see what is going on with this and if you want you can give me a call i will pm ya and we can discuss this further

Offline itslo

• Rider
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2009, 07:47:45 PM »
 :thumb: Wish I had the cash for one. I have to stick with revalving mine for now
"I WANNA GO FAST"

Offline truekingbusa

• Rider
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »
I love Brocks product!!!!