Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ever seen this happen?  (Read 8638 times)

Offline 00blackss

• Rider

Offline B Plas

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • Why not just tell it the way it is?
Re: ever seen this happen?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:14:06 PM »
I believe I can fly; I believe I can touch the sky...
"A man's gotta know his limitations"

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 11:29:45 PM »
Man, was that ugly. would like to know the specifics of the bike set up, as not to make the same mistake, Boost issue? nitrous issue? For Gods sake roll out of the throttle.at 10:00, its time to try and recover at that point. Of course its easy for me to look at the video and say what he needed to do.

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 12:21:25 AM »
that shit is not even funny... :evil:...do any of you know how much power one of them bikes make?.....them outlaw bikes take balls to ride.
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline Yngve

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 12:48:23 AM »
Seen it once in Sweden.
The one in the right lane in the pair in front of me flipped just like this.
He had a GSXR1100 turbo with about 450 rwhp ( waaaay back in 1990 or so ) and only like 62".

I dont know what I am talking about but I do know that I am right :)

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 06:20:14 AM »
nitrous activation issue

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 09:37:46 AM »
Thanks TrickTom1  thats :thumb: the first thing I thought when I saw it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:40:15 AM by rhight1340 »

Offline Banzai

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »
Talked to him Sunday, he said his shins and left wrist was the only thing that was sore.
Rude Boys M/C Co-Founder est 7/10
2005 Red/Blk Muzzy M-10 Zook Arm
6'3" 340lbs Real Heavy Hitter

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 04:33:19 PM »
Wow!  :shock:  Doesn't look to me like he had any time to react to the bike coming up like that...

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 05:48:28 PM »
Wow!  :shock:  Doesn't look to me like he had any time to react to the bike coming up like that...
I agree, he's not a rookie.

Offline jimmygsxr

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 06:13:07 PM »
Nobody could have saved that, it happened to fast. At least he didn't get hurt bad.
05 blue/silver gen3 pc3r air shifter nos lowered 4" over arm RPM lock up

Offline Dan.J

• Post Master
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 07:06:27 PM »
 :shock: Ugly stuff there, Glad he didnt get hurt too bad.

06 Busa......8 second street bike.(Sold but missed)

Offline canadianhayabusa

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 07:32:49 PM »
Talked to him Sunday, he said his shins and left wrist was the only thing that was sore.

Glad to hear he wasn't hurt too bad. That was brutal.

Offline oberon

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
Glad he's okay.  :thumb: That happened really fast. I slowed it down and it looks like his body acted like a fulcrum on the bike making the arc that tossed it up into the air.  That is damn scary...

No way he could have stopped that once he launched.

Offline rhight1340

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 09:47:50 PM »
I totallly agree once the g-force of the launch began, it was like slipping on a banana peel so to speak. time enough to say WTF and help me Jesus. Ugly stuff. Good sales pitch for Greg's (BoostbySmith) 1st  gear nitrous lockout harness is in full propduction. Not to minimize the hurt here, but if you havent heard about the new lockout harness, check it out on the board. Im sure this new setup will eliminate  any future accidents like this one.

Offline 00blackss

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 02:41:03 AM »
I totallly agree once the g-force of the launch began, it was like slipping on a banana peel so to speak. time enough to say WTF and help me Jesus. Ugly stuff. Good sales pitch for Greg's (BoostbySmith) 1st  gear nitrous lockout harness is in full propduction. Not to minimize the hurt here, but if you havent heard about the new lockout harness, check it out on the board. Im sure this new setup will eliminate  any future accidents like this one.

guess i should have assumed some of you guys would know this person before i posted. I didnt do it out of any disrespect, more out of amazement. Glad to hear the rider is not hurt too bad.

Offline B Plas

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 06:55:50 AM »

guess i should have assumed some of you guys would know this person before i posted. I didnt do it out of any disrespect, more out of amazement. Glad to hear the rider is not hurt too bad.

Ditto, it goes w/o saying that we all feel is pain (physical, psychological and financial).  What can you do...comes with the territory.  THAT IS ONE HELL OF A LAUNCH!!!!!  PURE POWER!!!

Now, with that being said...

...I think about it every night and day; spread my wings and fly away!

Offline R/T

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 11:43:07 PM »
I did that 1 time and saved it. 64" 1397 busa 3 stage dry nitrous on timed relays, I was testing the timers in the pits and forgot to turn of a switch when done. I went out on the track did my burn out and staged. I normally left with a 20 shot on the hit and then the 2nd stage a 50 shot at the 2nd gear shift. With the switch left on I left with a 70 shot on the hit , the bike went past 12 o'clock and I snapped the throttle closed ,slammed down hard and bounced hard enough to almost spit me off but didn't. I think the reason I was able to save it is because I launch with my heels on the pegs so I am not hanging off the bars and unable to close the throttle when it stands up fast. I had my data logger on when it happened. The bike pulled 2 g's and it went from 6,000 rpm on the launch to 10,000 then back to 2,000 when I shut off in 8 tenths of a second. That was my last pass for that day. The next time out it took me 3 or 4 passes to get my nuts back so I could throw away the clutch lever again. That was something I never want to do again.

Offline Greenbusa

• Rider
  • BOOST IS COOL!
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 01:01:12 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ng0s00MMmU
Yeah, I seen it happen last saturday, I was there. Had another bike almost do the same thing a few passes later, and seen a bike clip the wall about 15 minutes later! The track was really sticky
formerly jakesoutlawperformance

Offline B Plas

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 07:13:34 AM »
Can't really see how you can save something like the one presented...almost like someone that has been killed but doesn't even know it because the body still functions...it will drop no matter what you do/don't do. 

R/T you sound like one lucky dude (combined with your skill of course)!!!!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 07:15:07 AM by B Plas »

Offline DXB

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 12:29:29 PM »
Bloody hell. That was scary. Thank god the bike didnt land on him.

Did the bike get repaired ok?
BMW E92 335d, 1/4mile 13.02, fastest trap 106.8mph

Offline LongR1

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 01:42:36 PM »
no bike isnt repaired. just happened last weekend.   the bike suffered same act over year ago.       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zph3U2b1us

SD can ride his butt off.  I rode the back few months ago.  like riding cadillac.. easier to ride than turbo busa.  but not sure what happened here.  think he got on and off 2 step and it started timer for nitrous..so i looks like it left with 100%.  i think owner is gonna part it out. he just bought another chassis (bar bike) and gonna put that setup in it.  but u never know.  glad Dave is okay. bike is replaceable.
04 Yamaha R1 60 in progressive nitrous
Rider 2000 SBS Velocity Racing Turbo

Offline DXB

• Rider
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 01:58:55 PM »
same bike? Bloody hell. His sid lid came off too? Strap failed?
BMW E92 335d, 1/4mile 13.02, fastest trap 106.8mph

Offline LongR1

• Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 02:10:19 PM »
yes same bike.. little over year between two.  he had quick connect on his helmet at that time. it broke and why it came off. he was okay, tho shaken as well.  bike really isnt that violent.  something caused it. i was very leery when i first rode it, but we put mild tune in it to start with. but found out shortly that for my weight (120 lbs) bike was too long.  even leaving on motor ( we had 1.4 second delay in nitrous and 60 ft was 1.317 on one pass) the bike started to spin at track got hotter. we really needed to shorten it up, but didnt have time.  i live 5 hours from them, so i couldnt test bike like they really needed, and Dave was asked to ride it.  he made several passes on it.  bike with slider on 2 step doesnt leave but like 3500 rpms, so it comes in pretty soft.  but things happen.
04 Yamaha R1 60 in progressive nitrous
Rider 2000 SBS Velocity Racing Turbo

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 10:44:27 PM »
Man that suspention unloaded hard, never seen a bike come up that high while the front tire was still up. Man ohh man just glad he fell off before the bike came back to earth, could have ended so bad.  :shock:
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.