Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Engine Stalls At A Coast  (Read 8491 times)

Offline ramboner

• Rider
Engine Stalls At A Coast
« on: April 15, 2009, 02:10:38 AM »
so when im riding and comming up to a red light or somewhere i need to keep quiet and i pull the clutch in and coast downshifting or not the bike sometimes just stalls and then hesistes ti fire back up
this dosent happen all the time id say maybe 50% of the time 
the bike has a full  hindle exhuast dave 0's ecu power commander w/ hindle full map 2k miles on the bike
any help would be great
one thing the gas may be a decent bit old but not too sure as i purchased the bike used
05 Busa Full Hindle Exhaust Power Comander Cycle Tech Air Shift +6 Over

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
Re: Engine Stalls At A Coast
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 02:33:08 AM »
Where's your idle when you are coasting down? Above 1000 at least?
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline ramboner

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 02:39:24 AM »
ill have to check next time i go out thursday most likely due to weather...if it makes any difference this was sgtbusas bike

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 02:47:55 AM »
From what I understand, that is a well taken care of Busa. Have you ran this by him? Or is he too far out distance wise? Welcome to the board! Loads of great people here! Tons and tons of unlimited knowledge in all directions!

Should be at least 1000,, better at 1100
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 02:49:44 AM by Cookie »
-Chris

Offline ramboner

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 02:55:45 AM »
i havent got a chance to talk to him about it but as it seemed he has not had too much expierence with the bike as his neighbor dave i believe was very helpful and knowledgable and helped out getting that thing loaded up for the drive home or i would have been riding it in a thin sweathshirt 2 hrs in about and it was in the mid 40's

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »
Do you have a Service Manual yet? What year is this bike?

Keep this in mind regarding the throttle adjustment if we attack this first - if this bike is 2001+ (1999 & 2000 will have a side mounted 'Fast Idle' adjustment mounted to the frame) you will need to lift and prop the fuel tank (find the tank prop in the rear seat compartment storage).

From there you will see the throttle cables leading to the right side of the TB's. At that point you will see that when you flex your throttle on the handle bar you will see the two cables that run to the TB's; one is the 'Pulling Cable', the other is the 'Return Cable'. Right above that you will see the 'Fast Idle Cable' set on a post.

Loosen, adjust and tighten when favourable idle is obtained.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:41:56 PM by Cookie »
-Chris

Offline ramboner

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:42:50 AM »
thanks ill check that out this weekend when i do the springs & hub
its an 05 by the way

Offline Sgtbusa

• Rider
  • Life is a garden....Dig it
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »
Actually I DO know a lot about the bike, and the reason ur prob dieing out is 3 things;
1: could be the map that I told u i just put on and hadn't tried it out a lot yet
2: your not letting the bike warm up enough
3: U might need to bump up the idle a bit if its running low rpms, again that could be because the map is not good for that ride.

Complete side note, did you honestly think I wouldn't find out about the hack job air ride system? They put the bolts in wrong and where scraping the inside rim and almost puncturing the tire, and no way you could not have known that the driver side rear bag didn't even work(the electrical on it was shot)And you could have at least told me u put most of the body work back on with crap fasteners and zip ties. And that whistling noise u heard was a ground out that was going through the speakers, not the A/C. The truck is now back to a decent ride.

If you need to know something with the bike I DO prob know what is wrong with it, just pm me and I can help u out.

And yea ur right cookie that bike was babied  :D

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 06:49:39 PM »

Hey, ya know,, every once in a while I get a little wood on the ball! :mrgreen:
-Chris

Offline Ludicrous Speed

• Post Master
  • Southern IL
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 07:53:41 PM »
Actually I DO know a lot about the bike, and the reason ur prob dieing out is 3 things;
1: could be the map that I told u i just put on and hadn't tried it out a lot yet
2: your not letting the bike warm up enough
3: U might need to bump up the idle a bit if its running low rpms, again that could be because the map is not good for that ride.

Complete side note, did you honestly think I wouldn't find out about the hack job air ride system? They put the bolts in wrong and where scraping the inside rim and almost puncturing the tire, and no way you could not have known that the driver side rear bag didn't even work(the electrical on it was shot)And you could have at least told me u put most of the body work back on with crap fasteners and zip ties. And that whistling noise u heard was a ground out that was going through the speakers, not the A/C. The truck is now back to a decent ride.

If you need to know something with the bike I DO prob know what is wrong with it, just pm me and I can help u out.

Wow, so this guy traded you a POS and did not tell you about any of the problems??

And you are still nice enough to help him??

Wow, better man than I!
2009 White/Blue Hayabusa
2004 Busa-Black and Purple  TOTALLED BY INATTENTIVE TEEN DRIVER!
67 Camaro (big tire bracket car)
89 Mustang GT vert

Offline Sgtbusa

• Rider
  • Life is a garden....Dig it
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 08:05:34 PM »
Well it isnt a POS, but just had some hidden things wrong with it