Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Deals gap  (Read 34134 times)

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Deals gap
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 03:08:33 PM »
I still go down to Gap area every year .
I get uneasy feeling every time Im about to head up that road .  Premonition ,gut feeling I dunno . Been up it a bunch in the past and had a few to many close calls I guess . 
Pete, you need to hook up with us old farts, worst think we worry about anymore is just holding a good line for the camera shots  :thumb:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 07:30:17 AM »
I still go down to Gap area every year .
I get uneasy feeling every time Im about to head up that road .  Premonition ,gut feeling I dunno . Been up it a bunch in the past and had a few to many close calls I guess . 
Pete, you need to hook up with us old farts, worst think we worry about anymore is just holding a good line for the camera shots  :thumb:

:lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline macon454

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »
yea, I think you actually passed me and the wifey at the spring bash last year. At least I know it was a white gen2.

Are you going to the spring bash this year? we are planning on it.
Depends on wether or not I have to work. You may see me up there but I'm not usually with the group. I just go up there on the weekends cause i like riding up there. but if you see a black/burgandy with a chick on the back in all baby blue gear, flag me down.

I will have a chick on back also, so be sure if you see us holler and we will ride.  :thumb:
181.552 mph Texas mile on a B-King 3/28/09

Offline macon454

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 01:24:11 PM »
i will be there  :thumb: :thumb:

Be sure and holler at us also, are you going for the bash?

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 04:50:47 PM »
I just hope the weather cooperates, after the upside down year we have had so far  :?
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline liltroy

• Rider
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 06:09:06 PM »
no kidding, I think this is the most snow I've seen down here in a long time.
06 black/red
Zero Gravity dark smoke DB windscreen,Second Look seat skins,Custom red led's,Suzuki carbon fiber kit,1" bar risers,Pair valve block-offs,Hedman hot tip,Small box mod with short stacks,Ecu-edit(boostbysmith harness),BMC race filter,-1 front

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 06:39:27 PM »
You have not ben here long enough  :lol: when it snowed in 93 I didn't think we would get back to the Dragon till june

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2010, 07:07:55 PM »
You have not ben here long enough  :lol: when it snowed in 93 I didn't think we would get back to the Dragon till june

...i'm not even gonna mention it was 80 here both yesterday and today. 8)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2010, 07:44:11 PM »

...i'm not even gonna mention it was 80 here both yesterday and today. 8)
:roll:

Offline liltroy

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »

I'm a bit older than you think. ;-) I remember the blizzard of 93 quite well. I was living in kingston at the time.
06 black/red
Zero Gravity dark smoke DB windscreen,Second Look seat skins,Custom red led's,Suzuki carbon fiber kit,1" bar risers,Pair valve block-offs,Hedman hot tip,Small box mod with short stacks,Ecu-edit(boostbysmith harness),BMC race filter,-1 front

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »
Just drove it 2 weeks ago going to Murphy. I was in the stealth and there was salt down but no snow. I tell you what, even with awd its a wicked experiance. I was in 2nd for most of the tight stuff, nothing like 30-80 back to 30, repeat for 30 minutes lol. My tires where cooking when I got done, but I can say I did the whole thing and only put a tire over the line 2 times. Once was some rocks in my lane, the other was a thick patch of salt that got my ass end stepping out. With awd step outs act a little odd lol  :hys: got made respect for anyone that rides that road often. I cant imagine it with snow on the ground  :shock:

BTW no cell phone signal just adds to the wow factor, those drop offs and no way to call for help = scary.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline RJB

• Post Master
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 03:57:40 PM »

i will for sure look you up
we are coming in from asheville  about 45 min away if that

Offline macon454

• Rider
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2010, 09:43:42 PM »

i will for sure look you up
we are coming in from asheville  about 45 min away if that

Cool, we will be riding a white 09 with black wheels.  :thumb:

Offline liltroy

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 10:10:25 PM »
BTW no cell phone signal just adds to the wow factor, those drop offs and no way to call for help = scary.

cant get a call out for shit but I can usually get a text out.
06 black/red

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 05:54:16 PM »

cant get a call out for shit but I can usually get a text out.
I used to have one of those (bag) phones yes I know I'm that old, I got a call out from the overlook once then a few weeks later no signal, now once you get much past the parking area by the water thats it, no signal :(

Offline liltroy

• Rider
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 03:48:48 PM »
Like I said, same here...no signal but most the time I can get a text out, just not a call. Certain parts cant even get a text out sometimes.
06 black/red

Offline jettscott

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2010, 09:15:57 AM »
With my schedule (14 days on, 14 days off) I can make a little road trip and ride it during the week.  Since I'd like to enjoy the least amount of traffic and will probably taking one of my Harley buddies with me, I'm looking at going during the week.  Is this a bad idea (i.e. more "regular" traffic)?

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »
From the little bit I seen during the off season and mid week, there was no traffic lol. Most of the regulars would pull over and let the quicker/crazier vehical go by lol.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2010, 09:50:45 AM »
With my schedule (14 days on, 14 days off) I can make a little road trip and ride it during the week.  Since I'd like to enjoy the least amount of traffic and will probably taking one of my Harley buddies with me, I'm looking at going during the week.  Is this a bad idea (i.e. more "regular" traffic)?
Hard to say, used to be all you would see on mondays is bike shop guys cause they were all closed on monday now thats not the case, years ago you go up on a mon,tues, wed, you may or may not see another vehicle the whole trip, now is a crap shoot go during the week you may or may not be alone, just be carefull, don't bust blind curves, and most important stay on your side of the road, this may not always help cause the dudes coming the other way dont, I'm sorry if I did not help much, but there really is no cut and dryed as to when the traffic is the least, also if you have never run it before, absolutly DO NOT anticipate how the road will curve, or how tight it is, what you will see is on a lot of roads you will see a sign saying curve speed 20 mph, on that road IF  you see a sign saying 20 you better go 10 or 15 maybe, just dont ride over your head, and if you shoul find your butt really puckering up and you cant make a curve, just pitch it over and trust your tires, even if you fall its better to lowside that lock up the rear tire and get the trees, and tell your Harley buddy just what I said to you, and another thing he really needs to keep in mind, depending on what Harley he has, they have very little ground clearance, and if they get on the footpegs hard enough they WILL crash, I personaly found that a Harley geezer wont corner like a sportbike even if the sportbike has flat tires  :hys:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2010, 09:46:29 AM »
Not sure whas going on now, they have a rockslide, and the officals dont seem to eager to get it cleaned up, roads block off just up from the foothills entance all the way to the TN/NC border, the dude that runs Deals gap resort must be shiting bullits, next nice sat I think we might take big red and make a run thru Maggie and Cherokee, Fontana and over by the store on 28

Offline RJB

• Post Master
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »
dave c where r u

Offline RJB

• Post Master
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 05:50:56 PM »
Not sure whas going on now, they have a rockslide, and the officals dont seem to eager to get it cleaned up, roads block off just up from the foothills entance all the way to the TN/NC border, the dude that runs Deals gap resort must be shiting bullits, next nice sat I think we might take big red and make a run thru Maggie and Cherokee, Fontana and over by the store on 28

thats ok there are sooooooo many other nice roads around there

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »
dave c where r u
Knoxville, work on Alcoa Hwy, go to the Dragon after work sometimes  if i can get out early

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2010, 06:35:08 PM »

thats ok there are sooooooo many other nice roads around there
Yea I know i run them, Foothills, Cherohalla, 28 thru Fontana, with mama on the Harley :thumb:

Offline RJB

• Post Master
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2010, 06:50:40 PM »
ohh yeah

what is the ride they call hellbender

i know of 28 moonshiner the skyway devils triangle blood mtn so on just dont know that road right off