Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: worlds fastest busa  (Read 16611 times)

Offline sick4qwik

• Rider
worlds fastest busa
« on: May 18, 2009, 08:19:33 PM »
I was looking on ebay for busa parts and ran across a record holder busa.its listeds under 2003 turbocharged hayabusa.looks like a good deal.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Re: worlds fastest busa
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 12:37:10 AM »
It is the fastest ever open bike on the salt in two continents..looks like a good deal.. :hys:
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 11:34:08 AM »
Definately a good deal..............for the seller!  :hys:

Sponsored by: CATALYST COMPOSITES, RCC Turbos,
Scott Guthrie Racing, Helmet House, NJK Leathers, Atomic Speedware, Innovate, Bridgestone, Dumonde tech oils, Spider grips, Boost by Smith, Worldwide Bearings.

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 02:59:16 PM »
Not sure I understand the ROTFLMAO...

What do you guys think it's worth?

Offline 106mm

• Post Whore
  • 2007 Turbo Hayabusa
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »
Not sure I understand the ROTFLMAO...

What do you guys think it's worth?
+1. And answer quickly...the auction is over soon!
2007 Turbo Hayabusa
442 hp
Texas Mile 200 mph club

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 07:16:16 PM »
Too bad he didn't post any detailed pics of the bike then you'd know why it's already bid to more than it's worth.

Think old salt bike and then stored 3 years in a colorado barn.

No longer the fastest two way record holder as stated either :cry:

Scott Guthrie Racing, Helmet House, NJK Leathers, Atomic Speedware, Innovate, Bridgestone, Dumonde tech oils, Spider grips, Boost by Smith, Worldwide Bearings.

Offline 106mm

• Post Whore
  • 2007 Turbo Hayabusa
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 07:24:40 PM »
Too bad he didn't post any detailed pics of the bike then you'd know why it's already bid to more than it's worth.

Think old salt bike and then stored 3 years in a colorado barn.

No longer the fastest two way record holder as stated either :cry:

No bids on it. There was one earlier today, but I guess the bidder re-thought his actions.
2007 Turbo Hayabusa
442 hp
Texas Mile 200 mph club

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 08:01:53 PM »
The current owner is not being completely honest about the bike nor is he showing current pictures because it was painted right before it went to Australia after the pictures he shows in the auction were taken.

The bike was completely gone through prior to shipping it to him and it had new pistons, bearings, reconditioned Carrillo rods, new Clutch etc..no salt or damage and then two years later he showed up at the Bub's meet however did not run it. :?:

Looks like he put a shock on it and I know he said he drag raced it and street rode it as well..

The bike is still the fastest ever timed open motorcycle ever at Bonneville and Australia..the bike set a two way FIM average record that still stands today however Jason has a two way SCTA record a tick faster  :thumb:  Hell even Bill has a paved track record faster than both of us..  :shock:

The bike has some good parts and I have received a few calls and emails from several people and as I said for 10K-12K it seems to be a good price however I am wondering what he did with it and why he failed to mention taking it to the strip, salt etc..what else would he "fail" to mention?  He posted that it had 12K miles and now it says 1 mile..?  Watch out.. :grn:

J

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 08:17:52 PM »
This was a picture right before the bike went to Australia...foot pegs were not installed as the shipping brackets were in the way..

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 09:23:22 PM »
Thanks for the background John. Pretty strange situation, hope no one gets screwed.

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 11:23:59 AM »
John, That is a really trick lower fairing. Did Kent make it special?

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 12:25:54 PM »
Fred,

It was a one off piece however I am sure he has the molds..it originally mounted up to a Toy style rear tail section however I took it off and ran it the way you see it in the picture except the tank you see in the pictures I posted is only a tank cover and not the actual LSR tank underneath.

J

Offline Colorado

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Authorized Racer
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 11:11:30 PM »
hey you guys talk worse than abunch of little girls..for the record:2006 Bonneville salt flats.Noonan desides without telling me, to bring the LSR bike that i just payed Mr. Noonan $24k for to Bonneville instead of shipping it to me as agreed.He cought wind that i was going and got greedy.I then found out that another motive besides saving the shipping fees was to race the busa without my permission.WTF big J?

Shit hit the fan and the track officals said "if u 2 dont resolve this right now we are going to kick you both off the salt".I stated "John if you really have to race my bike you need to buy it back first."

Mr. Noonan snickered and stated,"SURE, for $15k"..not the $24 I had just given him.NO ONE was kicked off the salt that day

I throughup my handles in disbelief to the officials and he got to race the bike until he fryed the clutch/motor in a childish attempt to squeeze one more record(fastest bare he stated) before handing it over to me.He held title so i could do nothing..
The title was in someone elses name that had already been sighned 2 years ago.Covers his tracks well .
 So instead of receaving a turn-key Turbo Hayabusa as agreed he took my bike back with him to repair and ship to me again..lol messed-up DUDE.The bike arrived in peices.
1999 Hayabusa

Offline Colorado

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Authorized Racer
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 11:24:27 PM »
WARNING: I have since spoken with a number of others who have purchased similar turbo-busas from Mr Noonan that have blow-up on 1st pull dyno runs.ecc...Be careful out there..some people are fine until money is involved..some just plan mean sons-o-bitches.

I guess I joined the "I bought a turbo-busa from  :vl:John Noonan :vl: and got the shaft" club.

Maybe we should start a web-site for the club..to gossip about Johns business..oh thats what this site does.lol
peace-
1999 Hayabusa

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 11:37:45 PM »
Let me get this straight.

You bought the bike from John and paid in full for it.
John was supposed to ship it to you at his expense but he decided to deliver it to bonneville saving the shipping fees.
When you arrived to pick up your bike John would not give the bike to you. Instead he raced the bike until it blew up.
John took your bike home to repair the damage from Bonneville.
When the bike arrived at your house it was in pieces and not as pictured above in this thread.

Sounds like a bad deal to me.

I'm sure John will chime in with his side if the story.

Offline __NATE__

• Post Master
  • Corpus Christi Tx
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 11:46:01 PM »
 :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
07 BLACK BUSA..
Don't lend out your wife or your bike, someone will throw a rod in either one of them...

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 01:26:04 AM »
Let me get this straight.

You bought the bike from John and paid in full for it.
John was supposed to ship it to you at his expense but he decided to deliver it to Bonneville saving the shipping fees.
When you arrived to pick up your bike John would not give the bike to you. Instead he raced the bike until it blew up.
John took your bike home to repair the damage from Bonneville.
When the bike arrived at your house it was in pieces and not as pictured above in this thread.

Sounds like a bad deal to me.

I'm sure John will chime in with his side if the story.

Jason,

Nice try.

Mike Ba*&$+ the owner of the current Bonneville Salt flats and Lake Gairdner Australia top speed Hayabusa motorcycle bought my bike a year after telling me he would, I was ready to run the Bubs meet and he again stated he would take a second loan out on his house in Englewood Colorado and send me payment..nearly a year later right before I went to the Bubs meet and after I had already had my FIM medical-physical and paid the $500.00 entry fee he sends me payment.

We agree that I will meet him at the event and I will run the bike to show him what it can do prior to turning it over to him on that Friday, he agrees with the understanding that if anything happens I will fix the bike and then pay (at my cost) to ship him the bike to his door step and since he did not work (hooked on meds for over a decade he told me) I run the bike and it ends up blowing through the clutch and after replacing the clutch with a new OEM unit it started to nose over the next pass..I leave Mike the bodywork and other parts and bring the bike back to Calif.

The bike was not hurt that bad as I rode it from the end of the track back several miles to the pits..

I then replaced all the pistons with a brand new set ( I wanted the 259.393 mph pistons that were in it) for historical purposes and went on to send all four rods to Carrillo for reconditioning and also installed another oem crank, oil pump as well as new rod and crank bearings.  I took several pictures of the engine build to show the new  and replaced parts and sent them to Mike prior to going to run the bike at Bonneville.

I was not able to start the bike as Mike had the keys, he also asked that I send the complete turbo system to him to go over, it turns out he stripped/broke all four bolts holding the header to the turbo and then sent the stuff to Barry at Velocity to fix.

While the bike was in his possession he went on to call all of the various long-time sponsors and friends that had supplied parts for the bike looking for continued sponsorship and kept name dropping that he owned the fasted bike ever at Bonneville and Australia.  I know he did this as they all called me and told me this.

I wrapped the bike up and shipped him the bike with several parts that were not originally part of the deal however Mike is whacked out special  (once in 2005 he was telling another racer (that drove with him to Utah from Colorado) he was going to commit suicide on his Copper 99 Busa during the event and the police were called and it was then mentioned to Delvene Manning (the race organizers daughter-in-law and she banned him from further competition that meet..(if you have any questions call her at Bubs and find out.

Regarding the other bikes I have sold, I sold one to Scott G and after he went through the bike and changed out the gas tank to the street tank he took it to the AMI HP shootout and blew it up after riding it in Daytona  (head gasket) ( he was told it was a race bike and it would only pull 475 hp max on the dyno however he wanted to try and be a baller) since he installed the tank and kinked a fuel line he then continued running it on the dyno (there is a video of him running the bike 2-3 times while it was getting on boost and running lean then Poof::: Nice job Scott.

Now as mentioned earlier, I saw Mike at Bonneville last year or so with the bike and he said it ran great and he had drag raced and street rode it however it had an engine whine when he fired it up in front of me, I asked him not to race it and to bring it to the pits as it had a metal sound like a cam whine however it was from the bottom end.  It was the balancer and needed adjustment however Mike never showed and went on to race his other bike and ran a respectable 190+ speed I think aspirated.

Right after the deal was done Mike realized he bit off more than he could handle and admitted the bike was a bad idea (took a second out on his small house while on disability) as he wanted a fast street bike, a quick pro street bike and a top speed bike and thought this bike could do it all, he was told several times that the bike was meant to just go fast and that it was only meant for El Mirage and Bonneville (same thing was told to Scott G) however he also did not listen..

Mike asked me at the last meet if I want the bike back for 15K and I said with my various marketing sponsors I could replace the bike for about 12K and he said it was not enough, in his ad he stated the bike has only been idled (yet today this morning he told a caller the bike had been ridden on the street a few times) and also posted the ad stating the bike had 12 thousand miles and then the ad later stated it only had 1 single mile ...now who is the liar???  Better get a new prescription as this one is also making you tweak out.

I have "loads" of info on Mike and the other owner if needed to be told.  Like the time Mike told me the bike was missing a fairing bolt and I needed to send one out overnight (insert the GFYS icon here)

John Noonan

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 01:34:59 AM »
WARNING: I have since spoken with a number of others who have purchased similar turbo-busas from Mr Noonan that have blow-up on 1st pull dyno runs.ecc...Be careful out there..some people are fine until money is involved..some just plan mean sons-o-bitches.

I guess I joined the "I bought a turbo-busa from  : vl:John Noonan : vl: and got the shaft" club.

Mike,

Please tell us about the various people you spoke with, and look at your several times changed ebay ad where you changed your information and you wonder why you did not have a buyer, you send that bike to me in good running condition and I will buy it for parts since I have four other turbo Busa's and could use the parts sooner or later on another build.  You even had a conversation from someone I spoke with today about the bike and was offered payment for it however all of your ad's and pictures are from BEFORE you had the bike and right when I set the fasted speed ever obtained on the salt on an open partially streamlined bike..

Nice try Mike..

J

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 01:49:21 AM »
Two sides to every story John.

Nice to hear both sides.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:57:41 AM by jasontmc »

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 01:56:13 AM »
Two sides to every story John.

Nice to hear both sides.

Jason,

As I had told you that time at El Mo, if you want the truth from me all you have to do is ask.

See you on the dirt this year I would expect, you missed nothing at this past event  :bah: most exciting time was a wresting match and it was over in two or three seconds :thumb:

Kick ass at Bonne or Loring and see you around..I still have those few parts from your bike crash we spoke of in my trailer, you want them?  If not I would like to keep them for a souvenir  :thumb:

J

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 11:35:09 AM »
John,

I was interested in parting that bike out but as you are aware the facts changed a couple times raising doubts of the true condition of the bike.
When I read your description of the bike as delivered it differed from Mike's description. I have decided to pass on the bike.

And you are correct if I want your version of the truth I have your number  :thumb:

Offline Colorado

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Authorized Racer
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 01:36:44 PM »
GIVING MY old address out!!  lol...WTH..only a coward starts something over the internet..pick the street corner and I'll show-

What a jerk.Tell world where the bike is located!!..lol 

Well John,let the theves(john) come because the bike IS NOT THERE. lol

I knew you could stupe  even lower.

I am the one telling the truth here .
I hope you get the help you need John.
1999 Hayabusa

Offline Colorado

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Authorized Racer
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »
WRONG AGAIN JOHN:
The reason the cops were called in 2005; because John was trying to race MY NEW BIKE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!
I didnt want Mr Noonan to race MY BIKE. When the title was found to NOT be in JOHN NOONANS name i didnt have any grounds to stop him according to the sheriff..and the sheriff left..

This just shows Johns real nature..trying to give out my home address on-line while trying to make a sale!!..HOW LAME IS THAT GUYS?
cant get much lower
..see ya on the salt
1999 Hayabusa

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 02:06:31 PM »
GIVING MY old address out!!  lol...WTH..only a coward starts something over the internet..pick the street corner and I'll show-

What a jerk.Tell world where the bike is located!!..lol 

Well John,let the theves(john) come because the bike IS NOT THERE. lol

I knew you could stupe  even lower.

I am the one telling the truth here .
I hope you get the help you need John.

Mike,

I don't know or care where you live, in the ebay ad you posted the bike is located in Englewood CO.. :hys:

Mike I have not posted anything about our deals and the bike that is not the truth, should you like to continue this please do, this board needs the drama.

Please see my post and show me that anything I posted is not the truth..at least you did not commit suicide  :thumb:

Mike I never spoke with the police..and your friend that drove out there with you was the one that called them..he told me that.

J

Offline Colorado

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Authorized Racer
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 02:30:16 PM »
we could start with your statement, "I didnt have the key I couldnt start it before shipping." LIE The key fell out of frame when it arrived. REMEMBER when you called me to ask if i received the key with the bike?
lame
at least i didnt kill you-
1999 Hayabusa