Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: EK Chain From Street&Track  (Read 1908 times)

Offline tinmann8

• Post Master
EK Chain From Street&Track
« on: May 29, 2009, 03:41:58 PM »
I ordered a EK ZVX2 Chain from Street&Track Tuesday and received it today. I know most guys get the gold chain but I opted for something different. I got the Black chain 112 links for a stock wheelbase bike. The shipping was fast, the product we all know to be a superior one, the customer service was top notch, par excellence and the deal was one too great to pass on even if you didn't need a chain (Which of course I did). One pic says it all. Thanks

17/42 gearing

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
Re: EK Chain From Street&Track
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 07:41:09 AM »
Never seen a black chain before...  That looks pretty cool.  :thumb:

Offline FloydV

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 04:30:32 PM »
I like the black. EK has them in chrome, black, blue, yellow, red, etc. I looked at the blue, but I didn't think it would match the blue on  my bike.
The mystical trend of our time, which shows itself particularly in the rampant growth of the so-called Theosophy and Spiritualism, is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion.

Albert Einstein, 1921

Offline RJB

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 04:46:15 PM »
street&track :thumb:

i had a red one on my bike looked good  :wink:

Offline FloydV

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 05:35:18 PM »

I think red isn't so hard to match like blue is. The blue in the pics looks much lighter with a different tint to it than my bike. Or I would have gone with blue.  I went with gold, but I wish I had picked black or chrome. The EKZZZ only has black or chrome, if I remember.

It is also an O ring instead of an X ring. If I had realized that, I would have gone with the EK760 (or something like that). It has a tensile strength that is only 200 pounds less than the ZZZ, which I don't think would amount to much, and it is an X ring chain.
The mystical trend of our time, which shows itself particularly in the rampant growth of the so-called Theosophy and Spiritualism, is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion.

Albert Einstein, 1921

Offline StreetnTrack

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 07:56:30 PM »
The ZVX2 and the ZZZ are both X ring chains.  The ZZZ come in metallic silver, gold and chrome.

I think red isn't so hard to match like blue is. The blue in the pics looks much lighter with a different tint to it than my bike. Or I would have gone with blue.  I went with gold, but I wish I had picked black or chrome. The EKZZZ only has black or chrome, if I remember.

It is also an O ring instead of an X ring. If I had realized that, I would have gone with the EK760 (or something like that). It has a tensile strength that is only 200 pounds less than the ZZZ, which I don't think would amount to much, and it is an X ring chain.

Offline FloydV

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 11:25:07 PM »
The ZVX2 and the ZZZ are both X ring chains.  The ZZZ come in metallic silver, gold and chrome.

ZZZ is an O ring chain. I had the master link and all 4 little O rings.

Albert Einstein, 1921