Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Akrapovic Slip Ons........  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Akrapovic Slip Ons........
« on: February 05, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »
For My stock 09 Busa.............Are they a waste of dollars?  I can get a carbon set for about a grand locally.  Would the ECU need to be flashed, or can you just bolt 'em up and ride?  I dunno. 
The weight savings would be nice, but for a grand, I would like to think that the bike would be more responsive as well........or am I just "spittin' in the wind?" even thinking about slip ons?
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Amode

• Rider
Re: Akrapovic Slip Ons........
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:22:24 PM »
Yes a waste of money, you need to get the cats out of there, and then a good map.

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:11:22 AM »
all depends on which way you want to go, or MIGHT want to go, if you think you may go turbo down the road, then, dont waste your money.. keep saving , everyone does this, they go one way and change the direction they are going in a few times before going with a turbo and wasted all that money....  think about it....  Jody
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 06:22:31 PM »
I rode the bike again this past week end and I am very impressed with the way third and fourth gears pull on this Gen II.  55 to 105 in third and 70 to 130 in fourth made me smile.    I also like the "stealth" factor of those stock cans not making a bunch of noise when ya nail it.........what I am sayin' is that you guys are right.   There is no legitimate reason to trash the stock cans unless you are gonna make some major changes, and frankly, the way that 2009 bike runs now.........I am very, very, pleased with what Suzuki did when they re-made it in 2008.  It feels a ton faster and more responsive than my 2001 was when it was stock.  A ton.  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." :D :thumb:

Having said that..............my plans are to sell both of our homes here in North Carolina and move to Charlotte Harbor on the Gulf Coast of Florida now that I am retired. 
The warmer/thinner air down there just might dictate a turbo mod in the future, you know, just to keep the RWHP and throttle response at a reasonable level.  Nothing drastic, maybe an air-to-air intercooled unit with a medium sized fan that will spool early and quickly with around 350 or so on the dyno on pump gas.........that would be enough for this "geezer".   Ya think?   :thumb:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."