Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: What's the most nitrous a stock 08 Busa can take?  (Read 27822 times)

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
Re: What's the most nitrous a stock 08 Busa can take?
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2010, 01:54:20 PM »
Dont know about the external pump capacity, but based on maths I am expecting well beyond 300+ with bosch intank pump (that is almost direct replacement to stock pump) and ecueditor with 50/50 fuel balance with stock injectors. Progressive control is still only gear based progressive similar to turbo boost control per gear, not time based. Time based and hopefully with some antislip will come in future if and when have time.

I got no problem putting a external pump and reg in.  with a external pump and reg how much hp is possible with stock injectors and ecu editor controlling both sets of injectors?
With a 1441 how much dry nitrous could I spray to it?  not concerned with built motor handling it,  but with ecu editor and stock injectors supplying fuel.
definatly is alot quicker and easier to install then a wet kit.  Can you still progresivly control it?  I have a wet kit and a schnitz two dial controller I was going to install.
I need to do some research on the ecu editor.   :)

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 04:05:34 PM »
sounds good.  I have one of the walbro 255's that I had in a 05-06 gsxr 1000 stock houseing that I am not useing any more.  Wonder if it would work?
guess when the time comes I will have to read up on the ecueditor.
thank you
jeremy

Offline Blue08Busa

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 07:42:57 AM »
How much does one of those bosch pumps like you are running cost PetriK?  And where can I get one?

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 11:55:51 AM »
ok.  How much and where do I get one of these intank pumps?
I have ben going back and fourth on what to do for this year.  To keep costs down and hopefully complete my turbo gsxr 1000 this year I am going to run a stock engine and a dry shot.  I would like to run a 50 hp shot.  I already got the ecueditor on my bike and will be runing a air shifter with it also.   8)
For the engine I plan on putting a set of carpenter valve springs in it.  How do the valves hold up?  How much nitrous can I run on stock valves?  Stainless valves on just the exhaust side?  Intake and exhaust?
I plan on runing n/a most of the time and just hitting the nitrous once in awhile to put some numbers up for this year.  This winter I plan on 1441, rods, cams, etc...

thank you
jeremy

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 12:17:04 PM »

Hey man I from northern europe, here those are standard replacement parts for Audi:s, so any bosch part reseller or VAG (volkswagen audi group) dealer would have access to those.

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »
so what fuel pump do I order?  what year, make, and model of car does the fuel pump come in stock?  What is the bosch part number? what needs to be moded for it to work? 
thank you

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 02:25:25 PM »
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=144442.0

There is more information about part numbers in a couple of other posts that may be found with search... but you can see the part number on the yellow box. This fits gen1/gen2.

Offline FASBUS

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 05:00:25 PM »
 Any of you guys running nitrous use the titanium valves with heavier springs & larger cams..
Was considering installing ti valves in gen1 w/cam,springs & small shot..Any problem using the ti valves in this application?

Offline flashracer

• Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »
I used a 40 shot  on my 08 busa and am now victim of 2 bent exhaust valves. I must have got into the rev limiter I really don't know. I have video and I can't hear anything. I just knew after my pass in shut down area that it had a dead cylinder. Had to pull the motor and said what the hell. I am putting a rcc stage 1 turbo on it.