Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Shift Help  (Read 1201 times)

Offline canadianhayabusa

• Rider
Shift Help
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:28:59 AM »
Hey Guys,

I just got my bike back together last week and everything seems to be working good BUT yesterday I was checking some things out on it and the following happened. I was sitting in the garage with the bike running (door opening-not suicidal-lol) with the clutch pulled in, I tried to shift to first, it wouldn't go into first, tried second, same result. I tried several times without putting too much force on the shift lever not wanting to hurt anything. With the clutch in, I rolled the bike ahead just 2-4 inches and everything was fine.

What would cause this and is it normal?

The bike just went back together with brand new undercut 1st and 2nd gear, 3 brand new shift forks and billet shafts. On the clutch side, it has a welded hub and a Brock's Cushion Kit with  HD springs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Offline Nem

• Mad Post Whore
    • BallOutRacing.org
Re: Shift Help
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:17:22 AM »
Normal...don't sweat it

If it didn't go into gear after rolling it a bit then I would worry

RCC Turbos
Bellman Oil Co.
VP Race Fuels
BoostbySmith
Cycle-Tek
Canadian Mike
Power Brokers Racing
Tiger Racing
Shamrock Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Win Racing
Rock Solid
Schnitz Racing

Offline Rice Ya

• Legacy Rider
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:00:08 AM »
Sometimes you got to rock em a little, normal on most all bikes.
Maybe you better give up the bike thing and go back to the dragster Mike. :P :lol:
I'll buy it from ya cheep. :idea: :wink:
Untill you give it everything you've got, you won't know if you got what it takes. Dave Schultz

Offline canadianhayabusa

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 11:10:36 AM »
You should have taken me up on my offer when it was all in pieces on my bench and I had lost patience.....you could have gotten it real cheap then   :D

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 04:21:45 PM »
Easy way to do it is to put preassure on the shifter and let the clutch out a little so it drags. It will pull the dogs around and pop them in, you where just hitting tooth to tooth. I have a hard time rolling the bike forward in the gravel around the shop so I started useing the clutch, much easier.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.