Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen 2 ECU Flashing  (Read 158211 times)

Offline 2Wheeler

• Post Whore
Re: Gen 2 ECU Flashing
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2009, 12:26:55 AM »
I was wondering. With greg's harness and the ECU sofware could I use this for computer to flash my 08.Samsung NC10-14GB Netbook Intel Atom 1.6GHz, 1GB, 160GB HD, 10.2" Widescreen WSVGA, 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth, Webcam, Windows XP Home (Blue) - NP-NC10-KA02US - Up to 8 hours of battery

The purpose of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 05:25:43 AM »
Most computers seem to work as long as the windows is updated to latest service pack and also .net and ftdi loaded. First thing before installing any software that greg lists the user should also go to:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and make sure that latest m$ stuff is installed. After that you can install these in the order below:

Net Framework (might be required) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en
Driver from FTDIchip.com http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.04.16.exe
ECU Editor 2.0 http://macmadigan.no-ip.com/ecueditor2.0/ecueditor_prerelease.htm

Anyhow the flashing speed is highly dependent on computer speed. My Vista 64 3.1ghz takes about a minute for a full flash where as the xp takes around 9 minutes.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 05:29:49 AM by PetriK »

Offline Humble1

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 04:26:04 PM »
 Have a question on the Yosh connector ............ on the bike it has two spare pinnings available but on the Yosh Box itself (pic shown)   there is only one unused pin. After repinning bike plug can the Yosh box still be used or will Data or voltage (not sure what comes from that pin on Yosh box) be fed into ECU thru the new pinned wire ? Could this damage or be detrimental to the ECU ?
Thanks and Cheers
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 04:31:33 PM by Humble1 »
We Don't Guess >>>>>>> We Measure !!!

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 04:36:27 PM »
We have not tested that yet, as all the rewired for flashing bikes should have a sticker. That pin is not used for anything in suzukis so I (or someone who is faster) needs to open the yoshbox and test where it goes and compare it to the schematics. As we are pinning fwe or reset there the bike may not react to yoshbox tuning unless that unnecessary 7th pin is removed.

Here is a link to the schematic of an Yoshbox http://www.chucksirois.com/tl1000/BuildaYosh.doc

And here is a link to how yoshi can be connected to a kawi. http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=99460&p=3&topicID=9326544

« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 04:37:59 PM by PetriK »

Offline Humble1

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 04:41:59 PM »
Someone "faster"  :D Given it took you ten minutes to reply "Sir" I can see why they call you "the man" Thanks for the reply and also your results like all here greatly appreciated. If ever you choose the Aussie outback for a holiday instead of the jungle .............. I'm sure we could accomodate you  :thumb:
Cheers
We Don't Guess >>>>>>> We Measure !!!

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2009, 09:56:07 PM »
all right guys I am trying as hard as I can LOL, got 5 setups done, not done with directions yet still working on those.  Damn hate having a day time job sometimes.

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 06:01:40 AM »
Hey Petrik/smithabusa, I am getting ready to do a 40 shot on my 2008 and want/need to add more fuel to the bike.

Is the ecu flashing now capable of that, or do I still need a PCv/Bazazz at this point? Trying to go low buck on this so any help in saving $$$ will be appreciated.  8)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 06:04:24 AM by bikefrk »

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 09:10:07 AM »
Hey Petrik/smithabusa, I am getting ready to do a 40 shot on my 2008 and want/need to add more fuel to the bike.

Is the ecu flashing now capable of that, or do I still need a PCv/Bazazz at this point? Trying to go low buck on this so any help in saving $$$ will be appreciated.  8)

Working on next release that should correct some bugs in fuel map tuning. Should be out for testing in a couple of days.

Its up to anyones personal choise which tuning tool he/she prefers to use, at the end ecueditor is a busa community effort and the users need to accept that its never going to be a polished finished product with glossy materials, warranties, etc. If you want to have those then go for the commercial products.  Also its good to remember that Greg who sells the interfaces makes a donation of sold units for DaveOs family for community support.

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=140919.msg1338570#new

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 10:55:16 AM »
Per Petrik on ecu hack forum...

New build 2.0.1.0 is avail for testing including
- Fixed fuel map tuning, was using cyl0 or cyl1 depending on fast/normal mode. Now using cyl0 as basemap for everything.
- Added derestriction and STP control
- some minor other fixes and improvements

http://macmadigan.no-ip.com/ecueditor2.0/ecueditor_prerelease.htm
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 12:14:20 PM »
Can you hack and change all the fuel settings for say swapping in different size injectors for the secondaries on turbo applications? Make the the secondaries come on sooner or later for acting the same as a microtech if you had dual pw3usb's installed for boost referencing?
When injustice becomes law, Resistance becomes DUTY! -Thomas Jefferson

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »
Can you hack and change all the fuel settings for say swapping in different size injectors for the secondaries on turbo applications? Make the the secondaries come on sooner or later for acting the same as a microtech if you had dual pw3usb's installed for boost referencing?

Yep - can make secondaries come later, but unfortunately as we know today the fuel injector size can be defined for all 8 injectors simultaneously - so all 8 must be changed (anyhow it may be possible to find a way around this). But to be realistics lets make basics first tested and then progress to advanced stuff. We are still in the testing phase.

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 09:05:52 PM »

Yep - can make secondaries come later, but unfortunately as we know today the fuel injector size can be defined for all 8 injectors simultaneously - so all 8 must be changed (anyhow it may be possible to find a way around this). But to be realistics lets make basics first tested and then progress to advanced stuff. We are still in the testing phase.

Well am buying the stuff now and getting it ready to where i would be able to be a ginnue pig. Im lowering the compression and wanting to take it past what the stock sets of injectors will run to (315hp). So since the the s2000 injector is very common on the gen1's to swap out then why can't they swap out with the gen2's? So if possible then whats the size difference between the gen2 stock injector and the s2000 injector? A little further take and swap all 8 injectors and you would think that 450hp would be possible?

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »
Will the s2000 injector fit the stock injector clips or will i have to swap and rewire new clips to fit the s2000 injector? What changes will I have to make to the ecu when switching the injectors?

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 09:18:14 PM »
Couple more things, got a rough draft of directions for gen 2 boys :)

Directions Link (0.5 meg, right click and "SAVE AS"
www.boostbysmith.com/gen2.pdf

Also have a starter video showing how to connect device etc.  Just showing how to connect to proper com port (If using vista you still have to go in and set to run program as administrator), connect to engine data, flash a base map etc.

Video Link (10.5 meg, right click and "SAVE AS"
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/gen2ecu1.wmv
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 09:27:55 PM »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline mrultra1300r

• Post Master
  • RCC Turbos USA
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 08:52:40 PM »
its still running greg  ,with -1 front sprocket and +2 in the rear i can still run away from the rest of the n/a bikes on the freeway :hys:
Official Site Supporter
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Ricks-Custom-Cycle/194149464017698

www.RICKSCUSTOMCYCLE.com
paypal mrturbo1300@aol.com
TURBOCHARGING THE WORLD

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2009, 08:57:13 PM »
sweet :)
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2009, 06:01:48 AM »
I have 10 units on the shelf ready to ship
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2009, 08:34:35 AM »
How much for the unit and everything to go with?

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2009, 09:01:02 AM »
Retail is going to be $200 plus shipping, for early pre release i am doing $150 shipped in the usa, sold a bunch this morning, not a whole lot left at this price.

paypal is sales@boostbysmith.com
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2009, 10:21:12 AM »
What suggestions do you have for changing the settings on a turbo 08? i.e. soft/hard rev limiters, raise or lower the rpm red line, any others you would change for a turbo instead of just for a NA bike? Please set one aside for me. Will pay first thing in the morning when my paycheck gets direct deposited at midnight tonight!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:16:41 PM by egarms »

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »
What suggestions do you have for changing the settings on a turbo 08? i.e. soft/hard rev limiters, raise or lower the rpm red line, any others you would change for a turbo instead of just for a NA bike? Please set one aside for me. Will pay first thing in the morning when my paycheck gets direct deposited at midnight tonight!
i have done one with 12,000 rev,hard cut,but with different software....
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2009, 07:47:19 PM »

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2009, 07:48:09 PM »
i have done one

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2009, 05:59:08 AM »
Egarms I think I have 1 left please send payment asap and note in the transactions your screen name so I know its you.  Its getting hard to track who is who amd so many leaving right now not sure who is who lol
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com