Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen 2 ECU Flashing  (Read 158843 times)

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
Re: Gen 2 ECU Flashing
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »
Egarms I think I have 1 left please send payment asap and note in the transactions your screen name so I know its you.  Its getting hard to track who is who amd so many leaving right now not sure who is who lol

Ok i just sent the the monay this morning at 7:38am MST. My paypal account is the same as my screen name.

Please send to:

Evan Garms
9758 Laredo St #8A
Commerce city, Co  80022

Thanks again for holding one for me til the morning smithabusa!
When injustice becomes law, Resistance becomes DUTY! -Thomas Jefferson

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 12:18:26 AM »
In latest version of hayabusa ecueditor2 software there is a very crude AFR monitor using the factory oxygen sensor that gen2 busas have as stock.

The factory oxygen sensor is somewhat limited in its accuracy and capability to recognize rich and lean mixtures. Also the output is somewhat depending on the exhaust temperatures. Therefore do not recommend to use this for serious tuning, but hope it be a handy tool for quick AFR checks and tuning the IAP map and cruising area.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 07:34:32 AM »
awesome work Petrik!  I am surprised there doesn't seem to be more commotion from this site regarding gen 2 flashing.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2009, 07:54:32 AM »
awesome work Petrik!  I am surprised there doesn't seem to be more commotion from this site regarding gen 2 flashing.
i get alot of pm's from all the sites and phone calls EVERY day concerning flashing and on the most part is i hear that "i am no good with computers",people are STILL? scared to acess the internal memory of the ecu.The people know that a piggyback is external and if they make a mistake that they could just unplug it and it will be stock again,nothing changed to the inside,thats where we all come in that support ecu flashing and try to educate the public on flashing,and if it is done correctly nothing but good can come out of it.Also on various other sites i see ALL the time,and i know of many BIGGER motorcycle shops and tuners telling everyone that if your nit careful that a new motor will be in order that mayjor dammage can and will occur without proper testing/tuning,and people listen because of their status in the motorcycle community.I do ecu changes for a mayjor race team because they are hesitant to change the binary in the ecu on some race bikes??In all do time with proper training and more users it will thrive.Yourself and petrik have done alot.you with your plug-n-play stuff and petrik with the most user friendly,compreshensive software that someone could develop,and yet there still is doubt....give it time to grow it will catch on............  :thumb:
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2009, 08:35:22 AM »

I just bought a new GenII flasher from greg. I live in Denver and i will tell you NO ONE knows anything about tuning the stock ecu at ANY shop! I just getting into it and will be lowering the compression on my 08 and upping the boost. I have read so much stuff about the flashing that your turbo bike runs just that much better with it. In the end it just makes sense to learn and be that much more ahead of the person you are racing against! IMO. I will eventually be swapping out all 8 stock injectors with s2000 injectors. I will be the ginuea pig so to say since im sure (correct me if im wrong) no one else has done it yet on the 08's. So im very curious of what the outcome will be. I will keep everyone in on the loop when i start to work on it here around the august/september time. I would also like to give a big shout out to PetriK and smithabusa, for the hard work they have put in so that the ones that are chomping at the bit to get better can use it towards our advantage! Keep up the good work guys!

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2009, 09:23:01 AM »
i do flashing on 2 08's with turbo's that both make over 450 hp.....to make that kind of power or more will take some work without secondary supplemental injectors,i am working on this with a gen1 but on the gen2 the sum of both sets of injectors equal to 100% of the fuel delivery.at this time there is no seperate control of the injectors seperately,i have mentioned it to petrik...only the future will tell......
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2009, 10:10:19 AM »
i do flashing on 2 08's with turbo's that both make over 450 hp.....to make that kind of power or more will take some work without secondary supplemental injectors,i am working on this with a gen1 but on the gen2 the sum of both sets of injectors equal to 100% of the fuel delivery.at this time there is no seperate control of the injectors seperately,i have mentioned it to petrik...only the future will tell......

What all mods to the fuel system did you change to get 450hp from the stock 8 injector setup? or did you have to install a microtech with another 4 injector's? Are you running a dual pc3usb setup one for the primaries and one for the secondaries?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:12:25 AM by egarms »

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2009, 11:22:58 AM »
microtech with supplemental injectors...the map above is a total sum of the injectors in %.If there was a way to control them seperately that would effectively double you fuel flow rate that potentially be delivered to the engine....notice the map above and see how the primary injector flow goes down as rpm goes up and the secondary injectors make up the difference to 100%...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 11:24:36 AM by Stocker64 »

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2009, 11:28:12 AM »
Wouldn't you be able to control both sets of injectors differently with a dual pc3usb setup installed? I thought also that PetriK said you could change when the secondaries came on, adjust them a little later to come in or a little earlier which ever your app calls for? Couldn't you just make the secondaries come on later and have the primaries stay on longer with 100% pulse width or 95% for more longevity purposes? You should be able to get more fuel that way.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 11:30:57 AM by egarms »

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »
all the pc3 can do is modify the signal coming from the ecu,so if you have a signal that produces say50% duty cycle and then you add 50% to the pc3 that would be 100%,but if the factory signal produces a 100% signal and you add 50% you have 150% signal,if the injector flow rate can handle it then great,but the problem that i have seen is that with the pc3 box maxed out it runs out of signal to amplify,and the injector can flow more,but there is no more pw available does that make sense???it sounds weird,but seen and heard of this in real world conditions??as far as the secondary throttle valve assembly,petrik will have to answer if he knows of the direct relation of fuel to stva opening.

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »
Ok i gotcha ya. so even if you have a dual pc3 setup with a split signal from the ecu one for the primaries and one for the secondaries, you can modify the ecu signal with the flasher then have a little more left over to give to the dual pc3's right? I believe that the stock 8 injectors will max out of power around 310hp. on a gen1 busa how much power will the stock injectors run on a fmu type system then change out to s2000's how much more hp capability do you have comparatively? then take the same principle and swap out all 8 stock injectors to s2000's, how much more hp would you think you run comparatively? aren't the s2000's ~380cc's? with an fmu system and the higher pressure you could get a lot of power potential with 8 s2000's or would going to a 1:1 regulator be a better way to go?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:16:12 PM by egarms »

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2009, 05:28:07 PM »
Also not to take the topic but have you messed any at all with the KMS secondary fuel controller setup that BigCC runs? I have sent emails to him and he never gets back to me. tried to see who all knows how to tune his software or if maybe its a little easier to use than the microtech? Or maybe we can just wait for PetriK to make it where we would be able to controll both sets of injectors differently and get all we need with just the stock ECU and a pc3! He is up in the god status for tuning around here you know.  :D

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »
yes and no,with ee2 there is no provision to do that,the picture with the dual injector distrubution map is special software that not available to the public...sorry,this is what i suggested to petrik so maybe it will be implemented in ee2.

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2009, 05:33:35 PM »
yes petrik is a software and tuning guru,with the software i use it is very different and very complex and very easy to go worng quick,i can change the secondary injectors and thats why i suggested it to petrik on the hackboard so maybe he could implement it in ee2.

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2009, 06:12:11 PM »

the new guage face on ee2 is very nice petrik!!

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2009, 07:38:18 PM »
yes and no,with ee2 there is no provision to do that,the picture with the dual injector distrubution map is special software that not available to the public...sorry,this is what i suggested to petrik so maybe it will be implemented in ee2.

And what is ee2? so in other words with ee2 you could just change injectors and be able to fuel whatever you needed correct? is there talk about a new software coming available here in the near future?

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2009, 07:43:42 PM »
EcuEditorv2.0=ee2

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2009, 07:58:27 PM »
ecudeitor you are able to edit your fuel maps,iap,tps...but no seperate control for the secondary injectors.The picture was a reference for everyone to "see" how suzuki handles the primary/secondary duties in rpm/vs/%.this is what i was suggesting that would be a useable feature for ecu editor,possibly for the turbo,and nitrous guy's.Petrik's software is one of the most user friendly,well rounded,well thought-up and developed software for the public.The software i use is very advanced and very complicated to use and the chances for error is very high for the normal user.Petrik has even found a problem with the one i use and was very kind as to point out the difference for it to be fixed in the software...and i thank him,If everyone ever knew how much time he has involved in his project...it is staggering.... hang in there,the software has just been released,i can just imagine what the future holds for his project................. :thumb:

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2009, 08:14:31 AM »
so in the mean time i am starting to order everything for my motor on lowering the compression. hopefully that when i have everything and getting my motor built that the option for injector sets will be separated. until then just keep in on the loop and see what happens! thanks stocker64 for everything you have done as well. 

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2009, 09:10:08 AM »
let me know if you need any parts, can probably save you money on studs, base spacer, head gasket, adj cam sprockets etc if you need any of that stuff
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2009, 11:30:17 AM »
let me know if you need any parts, can probably save you money on studs, base spacer, head gasket, adj cam sprockets etc if you need any of that stuff

I will surely be giving you a heads up when i go to order everything. was also going to be getting some prices from you for a couple of other things as well. Will shoot you over a pm when im ready to order which should be here in a week or two.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2009, 12:31:21 PM »
cool :)

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2009, 01:17:53 PM »
A pic or 2..

My bench flashing harness as well as some units I have been working on, 5 of which are paid for, just waiting on the harnesses to get here on wednesday.  12 looking for homes.

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »
i'll take a bench harness w/power surply....how much?do you have any made to sell???

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2009, 03:27:19 PM »
Got 3

5 grand each :)
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com