Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 200+  (Read 15604 times)

Offline DXB

• Rider
200+
« on: July 01, 2009, 10:43:43 AM »
200+mph can be acheived with a stock Busa just about..

How much power do you need to do 210, 220 and even 230mph +??/

BMW E92 335d, 1/4mile 13.02, fastest trap 106.8mph

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
Re: 200+
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 11:06:23 AM »
Most stockish Busas run mid-180s. It ain't as easy as you might think.

There are calculators that can predict how much more power is needed given current known values. To go faster you need exponentially more power.

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bvillecar/bville-spreadsheet-index.html

Offline DXB

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 11:15:14 AM »
Thanks for the link, but ive found calculators in the past to be innaccurate, i am after proven top speeds with X-amount of power etc?!

There must be some board members who can shed some light.

Most UK Busa's ive heard do late 190's standard, some just touch 200... Mid 180's sounds a little low.

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »
Thanks for the link, but ive found calculators in the past to be innaccurate, i am after proven top speeds with X-amount of power etc?!

Most UK Busa's ive heard do late 190's standard, some just touch 200... Mid 180's sounds a little low.

It's the variables that make the calculators inaccurate.   Every bike is different, every tuck is different, traction, air density, humidity, rider weight.  ETC.   Your best bet is to test your own bike with you on it.  Let us know your results.   

I know I was using about 280-300hp just to go 217,  Many have gone faster with much less power, in much less distance I'm sure.  Put a good rider on my bike and you'll have more mph with no doubt.  Just too many variables

Offline SRADkneedragger

• Rider
    • HeavyBusRacing
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 12:44:05 PM »
It's a well known fact that the shipment of motorcycles across the ocean to the United States causes a phenomonen know as Salt Waterosis. This results in said motorcycle gaining several pounds over what the Manufactuer says it weighs and losing several HP over what they claim. :hys:
It's also a given that the high concentrations on Nitrous in the UK air make British Bikes faster. :hys:
I have yet to encounter the 200MPH stock Busa, much less 190mph.
You know I thought all Busa's ran 200mph until I tried it. My stock '04 with slip ons ran 178MPH.
With Full Brock's system, P.A.I.R. block off's, small airbox mod, Better ram air tube seals, Power Commander, synthetic oil, running fuel and I weigh 110lbs I've run a best of 192MPH in the standing mile. Now it would probably run faster with an unlimited length to top it out but the mile certificate is what I have.
The accepted # I hear the most is 200HP= 200MPH.
I think my first Dyno run showed 154WHP I ran 182mph with that setup. Believe me it's alot harder than just adding a few mods and going 210MPH.
My advice to you is if you want to go that fast get involved with one of the LSR events Texas Mile. Loring, Maxton, ElMirage, Bonneville whatever the UK has, prep your bike enter and see what you REALLY can do, NOT what you think. Then get involved in some of the LSR boards and get some help from people who are out there doing these kinds of speeds.
It's pretty easy to run 180MPH but from there every MPH comes at a price. I've been on the phone with my Sponsors for a year on and off just to get that 192mph certificate. Do some research on LSR on the Busa Boards and you'll find a wealth of knowledge and a ton of people willing to help you out. I would have never gotten this far without board members help!
Marie
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:42:14 AM by ADMIN »
201.534MPH
SPONSORS Nitrous Express, Brock's Performance, Tiger Racing,
Family PowerSports, GenMar Bar Risers, the Lightfoots

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 01:10:15 PM »
I got 300 HP on pump fuel and I start to run out of HP around 220 with 20/40 gearing. I am pretty sure I could hit 236 and I am up at 7000 feet, but the RPM gauge is slowing down around 220.

Its definetly not as easy as you would think... I find it hard to beleive any stock busa could pull 200 MPH. THere has been rumors and here say about it, but I just find it hard to beleive.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 01:11:48 PM by Cloud »

Offline SRADkneedragger

• Rider
    • HeavyBusRacing
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 01:26:09 PM »
Some more food for thought. SRAD told me that years ago when he started roadracing He bought like 10 YSR50's and started matching all of the best parts to build one motor. ie find the intake and reed cage that match the best, find the shortest cylinder and the engine cases with the shortest deck height, best crank, I think you get the idea.
Factories do the exact same thing when they roll out a new Model for the press or build a bike for SS Racing. They hand pick the best of the best parts to build an engine that will perform at it's peak as a "stock" motor. The longest rods, the shortest cylinders and the shortest head = more compression. The straightest crank means less rotational drag, etc etc . I think the first Busa's were probably done this way and that is why they were so fast add to that the raging HP wars.
Marie
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:41:58 AM by ADMIN »
201.534MPH
SPONSORS Nitrous Express, Brock's Performance, Tiger Racing,
Family PowerSports, GenMar Bar Risers, the Lightfoots

Offline DXB

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 02:03:52 PM »

It's the variables that make the calculators inaccurate.   Every bike is different, every tuck is different, traction, air density, humidity, rider weight.  ETC.   Your best bet is to test your own bike with you on it.  Let us know your results.   

I know I was using about 280-300hp just to go 217,  Many have gone faster with much less power, in much less distance I'm sure.  Put a good rider on my bike and you'll have more mph with no doubt.  Just too many variableS

I dont yet have a Busa, but id expect after 10 years of this monstrous bike that there would be some Top speeds already attained by people.

May I ask, 217mph indicated or genuine GPS verified?

It's a well known fact that the shipment of motorcycles across the ocean to the United States causes a phenomonen know as Salt Waterosis. This results in said motorcycle gaining several pounds over what the Manufactuer says it weighs and losing several HP over what they claim. :hys:
It's also a given that the high concentrations on Nitrous in the UK air make British Bikes faster. :hys:
I have yet to encounter the 200MPH stock Busa, much less 190mph.
You know I thought all Busa's ran 200mph until I tried it. My stock '04 with slip ons ran 178MPH.
With Full Brock's system, P.A.I.R. block off's, small airbox mod, Better ram air tube seals, Power Commander, synthetic oil, running fuel and I weigh 110lbs I've run a best of 192MPH in the standing mile. Now it would probably run faster with an unlimited length to top it out but the mile certificate is what I have.
The accepted # I hear the most is 200HP= 200MPH.
I think my first Dyno run showed 154WHP I ran 182mph with that setup. Believe me it's alot harder than just adding a few mods and going 210MPH.
My advice to you is if you want to go that fast get involved with one of the LSR events Texas Mile. Loring, Maxton, ElMirage, Bonneville whatever the UK has, prep your bike enter and see what you REALLY can do, NOT what you think. Then get involved in some of the LSR boards and get some help from people who are out there doing these kinds of speeds.
It's pretty easy to run 180MPH but from there every MPH comes at a price. I've been on the phone with my Sponsors for a year on and off just to get that 192mph certificate. Do some research on LSR on the Busa Boards and you'll find a wealth of knowledge and a ton of people willing to help you out. I would have never gotten this far without board members help!
Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

Hi Marie,

thank you very much for your input into this thread. I unfortunately as mentioned above do not own a Busa, but would like to one day and am just genuinely interested hence the post.

May I ask what the LSR board is?

I will ask my friend, he tested his Busa at UK's Bruntingthorpe Proving grounds so he has an accurate GPS recorded time, I know it was under 200mph but i will check exactly.

Another UK magazine tested a press bike which did a gen 200.2mph.

I got 300 HP on pump fuel and I start to run out of HP around 220 with 20/40 gearing. I am pretty sure I could hit 236 and I am up at 7000 feet, but the RPM gauge is slowing down around 220.

Its definetly not as easy as you would think... I find it hard to beleive any stock busa could pull 200 MPH. THere has been rumors and here say about it, but I just find it hard to beleive.

May I ask you also, GPS verified 220 or Indicated? Speedos go to 220mph right, so a Gen 220 the Busa would show (if clock could show) a good 235+ as the Speedo is pretty innacurate at high speed.

Offline joea

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »
when you find one of the 200 mph stock busas, buy it..............

many come to bonneville each year.........most run
170's...and a few mid 180's.......thats real world, verifiable...certified....not
an article....heresay...etc........

ex busa owner
not worthy

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 03:54:59 PM »
I went to Bonneville last year with a mildly modified 07 busa, dynoed 168hp, most box stockers are around 145hp on the same dyno. I ran192+.  Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 04:25:19 PM »
A friend of mine was on a testing group in 89 or 99 on the busa and he told me that it a stock "pre production" 99 was able to go 200.

BUT.....

It was in a group of 5 other bikes and made the 200 mph speed only for a few seconds when drafting. It was their intent to say the bike was able to go 200 for marketing.

I dont know how accurate his statements were nor now well I remember the conversation.

I only know that he raced for a Suzy factory team and was in fact part of the testing team
(from what I remember I think he mentioned the testing was done at daytona)
02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

Busa pwrd Bonneville car 208 mph+
2X world record holder
NA motor: 1507cc
Fastest 1.5L NA door slammer in the world

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 04:54:21 PM »
A friend of mine was on a testing group in 89 or 99 on the busa and he told me that it a stock "pre production" 99 was able to go 200.

BUT.....

It was in a group of 5 other bikes and made the 200 mph speed only for a few seconds when drafting. It was their intent to say the bike was able to go 200 for marketing.

I dont know how accurate his statements were nor now well I remember the conversation.

I only know that he raced for a Suzy factory team and was in fact part of the testing team
(from what I remember I think he mentioned the testing was done at daytona)

Most likely would have happened in 98 or 99... :D

I took Michelles 2001 stock Busa to El Mirage and ran 187mph on the first and only pass I ever made on it, it was restricted and I am sure it would have gone a little faster it it had not been.

I have see stock Busa's run nearly 200 mph however most run 180's or so..

John
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline 106mm

• Post Whore
  • 2007 Turbo Hayabusa
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 06:25:04 PM »
While it's a different scenario, my situation is still good for contemplation and comparison. I have 287 hp to the tire and BARELY got 200 out of the bike at Texas. I'm a big guy (6'2" 210) and my tuck SUCKED. I can vouch for the fact that it's a lot harder to go fast than most people think. Assume you will go slower and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.
2007 Turbo Hayabusa
442 hp
Texas Mile 200 mph club

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 07:17:06 PM »
I have 287 hp to the tire and BARELY got 200 out of the bike at Texas

Dont beat yourself up, the fact is that it REQUIRES more HP to go 200 at maxton or texas then B-Ville.

B-Ville has a lower air density then Max or Ta-hos.....good for turbos, bad for NA.

~JH

02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

2X world record holder

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 08:28:12 PM »

I know I was using about 280-300hp just to go 217,  Many have gone faster with much less power, in much less distance I'm sure.  Put a good rider on my bike and you'll have more mph with no doubt.  Just too many variableS

I dont yet have a Busa, but id expect after 10 years of this monstrous bike that there would be some Top speeds already attained by people.

May I ask, 217mph indicated or genuine GPS verified?

Measured by East Coast Timing Association in 132' at the end of a standing mile.    Sept 08'
www.ecta-lsr.com

It would seem that the log run is not working at this time.  if/when it does   Bike # 9398

My last two sunday runs were done within an hour and 5 min of each other , and came out within 1mph I think. top was 217.861???  I'll blame the poor speed on Boost control ramp, and gearing not being proper for the power.

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 10:28:31 PM »
See sig for a Gen-II but the weather got me there.... ;)
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline DXB

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 12:25:06 PM »
These 280HP GSXR1300's which run mid 8's at over 160mph,

what do they do 0-60 and 0-100mph?

Offline halvefast

• Rider
  • Rich Halverson
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 01:10:01 PM »
See sig for a Gen-II but the weather got me there.... ;)
Yep Got-Busa is one of the very few who has attained the 200 on a stocker,
yes it was favorable weather for the 204 number,
but he was kicking the door in during much worse weather too!  :thumb:

Just to add some numbers for you to ponder with here is what it took for me to reach 200:
My total weight package was 760 with 225hp (on dope) ran 200.2?? into 5mph headwinds,
next event we had 15mph head/side winds with 241hp made 4 passes over 200 best of 202.577
same set-up more juice, would have had more speed with a gearing change.
Just 1/2 fast!
Personal Best so far:
9.44 @ 144mph 64"
9.65 @ 143mph 60"
TexasMile 200mph Club
Oct. 2008 - 202.577mph
http://twitter.com/Halvefast

Offline Kiwi

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 05:04:52 PM »

I don't think anyone measures these numbers. But I have run 8.8 @ 158mph. All motor, stock wheelbase. That engine was making around 225hp. It also went 204mph in a flying 1/4. It was doing 5.8s @ 130mph in the 1/8. As far as top speed goes you also have to remember there are certain factors which will effect the result. I don't think any of the venues allow for the ultimate numbers. Bonneville will have traction and altitude to slow you down. Maxton is only a 1 mile run up, etc. But when it is all said and done, the Busa is the fastest bike available in a straight line, and the easiest to make even faster.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 05:49:30 PM »
DXB hello mate  :D

You need to check out with the guys who do the top speed runs in the UK like 200mph.org or UKBusas.co.uk ok ?

There are NO definitive figures like the ones you are asking for because there are so many variables  :wink:

Rider weight is a major variable.
Air temp, air density, humidity, air quality, air movement etc are all major factors at these high speeds. Thats just "air" !

I believe a stock but well set up Busa has hit 200mph in the UK.
The Flying Dutchman hit 265 mph last year or the year before.

Pay attention at the back there !!  :wink: :lol:
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=129549.220

0 to 60 times are pretty irrelevant tbh unless your on the track and most are looking at distance times over yards and not times to certain speeds.
0 to 60 times are more about how strong your forearms, your back and your grip strength is than power of the bike  :lol:
On a stocker your looking at 2.5 secs or there about 0 to 60.... but only if your strong enough and have the right technique and the balls.
The "launch" is critical and it isn't easy to launch them quickly  :?
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 06:08:48 PM »
DXB, to give you a feel of the acceleration and I appreciate you would like a Busa, so please enjoy these two videos  :thumb:

1st one a tanks eye view on a stock Busa, front wheel comes up so easy  :lol: The speedo is mph not kph OK ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfGK4gQdaZA

2nd one is a sweet turbo Busa, watch how fast the speedo needle rises and how fast you run out of road ?
At the 12 o-clock position on the speedo, thats about 120 mph.
Trouble with Busas is everything else is just in the bloody way !!!!  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKPSjVkQVr0

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 06:27:30 PM »
One of the biggest things to consider speaking as a rider who's done over 180 is the wind pressure on YOU ?
You need a strong neck  ! :thumb:
The hammering you get above 130 gets worse above 150 and above that its getting savage.
At really high speeds your head is almost rattling or vibrating to the point of your vision becomes blurred.

The Busa aerodynamics do`nt really work well until your over 130 and then its getting hard on your neck for long periods of
sustained high speed.

Other factors at that speed are what happens if something solid hits you or the bike? Or if your front wheel hits something more than small pebble ?
I have mates who been downed at high speed by birds hitting them or the bike. One time a mate got hit in his right hand by a bird while he was doing 120.  :?

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 08:51:19 PM »
Rider weight is a major variable

Dude not to be a dick but weight almost has no effect on top speed....unless your added weight ALSO means added girth.
The weight alone only has a small effect due to increased rolling resistance due to tire deformation and increased load on the wheel bearings. For an example 2 identical cars with the same motor one weighs 1000 pounds, the other 2000. If the 1000 pound car can go 200 mph the 2000 pound car will only loose about 3 mph.

This is not the case in drag racing....or racing where you have a limited space to reach your top speed.

The Busa aerodynamics do`nt really work well until your over 130 and then its getting hard on your neck for long periods of
sustained high speed.

Cant really say I recommend driving at high speed for sustained periods of time....but each to their own.
I can say that for high speeds you should be at full tuck with as much of your head behind the windscreen as you can get.

Good luck

~JH
02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

2X world record holder

Offline bulletb

• Rider
  • Knocked on the door in 08 Kicked the door down 09!
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 09:34:33 PM »
It CAN really happen- 200+ if the weather's right!...I know I did it! :thumb:

GenII w/pipe & pcIII,gps derestricted...all stock motor! Cheese tuned. :thumb:

But a "Mile" is not really a far distance....when your haulin ass! it's less than 20 seconds for the entire run!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:49:07 PM by bulletb »
206.9 "Texas Mile" Goliad-2009
209.0 "Texas Mile" Beeville"-2012
215.9 "Mojave Magnum"-2012
203.569 "ECTA Record-Wilmington"-2012 
214.005 "Loring"-2009
 (All on Stock Motor-Tuned by Cheese)

204.5 "Texas Mile"-Naked Turbo-(Fkawi Racing)-2010

225.187 "SCTA-Bonneville Record"-2012 (Entropy's Rust Bucket")

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 04:35:02 AM »

Dude not to be a dick but weight almost has no effect on top speed....unless your added weight ALSO means added girth.
The weight alone only has a small effect due to increased rolling resistance due to tire deformation and increased load on the wheel bearings. For an example 2 identical cars with the same motor one weighs 1000 pounds, the other 2000. If the 1000 pound car can go 200 mph the 2000 pound car will only loose about 3 mph.

This is not the case in drag racing....or racing where you have a limited space to reach your top speed.

sustained high speed.

Cant really say I recommend driving at high speed for sustained periods of time....but each to their own.
I can say that for high speeds you should be at full tuck with as much of your head behind the windscreen as you can get.

Good luck

~JH

Lightweight guys tend to have less frontal area compared to heavyweight guys and they can also tuck in better.

Losing 3 or 4mph due to a heavyweight rider can be all the difference.  :thumb:

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 04:36:21 AM »
I can sit at over 180 without tucking in too much, depends on your strength  :wink:

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 08:48:35 AM »
Bob, were you foot shifting at Goliad in March? And of course three magic words " Tuned by Cheese " And of course your superb riding skills helped a little :hys:. The OF's were rocking at Goliad!! :thumb:

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline entropy

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 10:59:17 AM »

Dude not to be a dick but weight almost has no effect on top speed....

~JH

sorry JH. but you are 100% wrong FOR THE STANDING MILE.

At Bonneville, you are prob on the money,
but in a standing Mile it IS a dragrace; every mph you leave at the beginning is a loss at the Mile marker.
Light guys go faster in the Mile.

I ain't light. :D
Often wrong, but never unsure!!!!!

Offline speedninja

• Post Whore
  • If you are in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 11:06:22 AM »

Dude not to be a dick but weight almost has no effect on top speed....

~JH

but in a standing Mile it IS a dragrace; every mph you leave at the beginning is a loss at the Mile marker.

I ain't light. :D

+10 Karl

Offline Kiwi

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 02:10:23 PM »
There was some wind tunnel testing that was linked to from here a while ago. The bigger guy (think it was Dave O) had better aero than the jockey.

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 03:37:15 PM »

I ain't light.

Entropy.....

Maybe read my post before you assume I am 100% wrong about anything.  :wink:

ALSO

Losing 3 or 4mph due to a heavyweight rider can be all the difference.
Not really a fair comparison to say that weight will automatically mean worse aeros....many people have to add weight for traction and this can add zero positive or negative to the Cd. Rider weight alone will not have any measurable affect on overall top speed that is....unless the rider is over 800 pounds and then it will only be down 1ish mph.

~JH

02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

2X world record holder

Offline DXB

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 04:00:02 PM »

I don't think anyone measures these numbers. But I have run 8.8 @ 158mph. All motor, stock wheelbase. That engine was making around 225hp. It also went 204mph in a flying 1/4. It was doing 5.8s @ 130mph in the 1/8. As far as top speed goes you also have to remember there are certain factors which will effect the result. I don't think any of the venues allow for the ultimate numbers. Bonneville will have traction and altitude to slow you down. Maxton is only a 1 mile run up, etc. But when it is all said and done, the Busa is the fastest bike available in a straight line, and the easiest to make even faster.

I didnt think people would, I am interested though... 0-60:2.0 and 0-100:3.5 ? what do you think?

DXB hello mate  :D

You need to check out with the guys who do the top speed runs in the UK like 200mph.org or UKBusas.co.uk ok ?

There are NO definitive figures like the ones you are asking for because there are so many variables  :wink:

Rider weight is a major variable.
Air temp, air density, humidity, air quality, air movement etc are all major factors at these high speeds. Thats just "air" !

I believe a stock but well set up Busa has hit 200mph in the UK.
The Flying Dutchman hit 265 mph last year or the year before.

Pay attention at the back there !!  :wink: :lol:
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=129549.220

0 to 60 times are pretty irrelevant tbh unless your on the track and most are looking at distance times over yards and not times to certain speeds.
0 to 60 times are more about how strong your forearms, your back and your grip strength is than power of the bike  :lol:
On a stocker your looking at 2.5 secs or there about 0 to 60.... but only if your strong enough and have the right technique and the balls.
The "launch" is critical and it isn't easy to launch them quickly  :?

Hi mate,

I think ill take a look over at those UK busa sites. Cheers for the links.

Who is the flying dutch man? 265mph is pretty crazy? surely not at brunters?!

Ive had a look at the first vid, VERY QUICK. I take it thats boosted ?! 280-300HP to acheive acceleration as savage as that?

Makes me want one even more now.. JUst no time to blink... Scary stuff.

So i would imagine a 280HP would not be much quicker to 60 due to traction issues over a stock bike but to 100mph must be insane.

stock must do 0-100mph in 5.5 secs or thereabouts? and 280HP in 3.5 im guessing. There must be some times floating about somewhere.

Cheers

Carl

DXB, to give you a feel of the acceleration and I appreciate you would like a Busa, so please enjoy these two videos  :thumb:

1st one a tanks eye view on a stock Busa, front wheel comes up so easy  :lol: The speedo is mph not kph OK ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfGK4gQdaZA

2nd one is a sweet turbo Busa, watch how fast the speedo needle rises and how fast you run out of road ?
At the 12 o-clock position on the speedo, thats about 120 mph.
Trouble with Busas is everything else is just in the bloody way !!!!  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKPSjVkQVr0

Just read the first vid is a stock one.... WOW.. surely not.. the acceleration is incrediBle.. A guy at work once had one.. (I never saw it), He did say there life alteringly FAST

2nd vid is even more insane..

EDIT, just spoke to a friend who did a genuine GPS 189mph, which was an indicated 205mph on the speedo.

He later did a Indicatrd 217mph on a ''Ahem'' private road. so proBaBly a genuine 200+

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:03:54 PM by DXB »

Offline WildBro

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • NO Fairies Here
    • Wild Bros Racing
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 05:04:08 PM »
What is the exact top speed that the Dutchman has gone?
It may come in handy some day  :D

Bill

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 05:29:11 PM »

Bill
like around the 1st of Aug.

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 05:31:46 PM »
Bob, were you foot shifting at Goliad in March? And of course three magic words " Tuned by Cheese " And of course your superb riding skills helped a little :hys:. The OF's were rocking at Goliad!! :thumb:

Fred
Bob has a shifter,I was foot shifting

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 05:32:38 PM »

Bill

Bill,

Frank went 265.4mph with gale force winds at his heels, he ran a return in to a lesser amount of wind on his return (other way) and ran less than 230 from what I read..

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 06:58:58 PM »
Hey JH next time you at The Texas Mile come tell me who you are because I don"t recall ever seeing you there,now the people that don"t treat the Mile as a drag race are losers, but I've have only done 206.215 with a stock cc 05 busa so what do I know

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 08:10:50 PM »
Hey JH next time you at The Texas Mile come tell me who you are because I don"t recall ever seeing you there,now the people that don"t treat the Mile as a drag race are losers, but I've have only done 206.215 with a stock cc 05 busa so what do I know

What do you know???

Apparently not enough to read a post before you make a comment that makes zero sense.

Seriously…..when the F did I say anything about not treating the TM like a drag race or anything close.
02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

2X world record holder

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 09:23:41 PM »

What do you know???

Apparently not enough to read a post before you make a comment that makes zero sense.

Seriously…..when the F did I say anything about not treating the TM like a drag race or anything close.

well looks like my bad,sorry about that but when you come to the mile look me up i'll buy you a drink

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 10:57:37 PM »
Texanzone, I was a dick.

If my car didnt require a 40 mph push before it hits first I would see you at the TM. (keep thinking my 02 would make for a nice LSR....after all she only got about 100 miles last year, debating a drag or lsr).

Better yet....

You make it to the big show (Speedweek) and I will be buying the beer!

Just hook up with the bad arse Texan FV, he will be rollin soon!

~JH

02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

2X world record holder

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2009, 11:04:25 PM »
I plan on The big show one day maybe in a few years  :thumb:

Offline Kiwi

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 12:04:12 AM »
If you work back from the 60' drag strip times, and assume constant acceleration at these low speeds, here is how they would translate to a 0 - 60 mph.

60' time          0 - 60mph time
Reasonable time for a stock bike                                           1.7s                2.2s
Good rider, slightly modified bike                                          1.5s                1.7s
Well set up drag bike, 230hp+                                              1.2s                1.1s

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009, 05:15:50 AM »
If you work back from the 60' drag strip times, and assume constant acceleration at these low speeds, here is how they would translate to a 0 - 60 mph.

60' time          0 - 60mph time
Reasonable time for a stock bike                                           1.7s                2.2s
Good rider, slightly modified bike                                          1.5s                1.7s
Well set up drag bike, 230hp+                                              1.2s                1.1s

For DXB, times are totally down to the individual riders skill/ability  :thumb:
On a bike you can`t just jump on say a 300bhp bike and expect to do fast standing 1/4 miles.
It takes time to learn the skills and not everyone has the talent anyway  :wink:

Yeah even a stock Busa acceleration is shatteringly quick  8)

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2009, 05:23:58 AM »

Just read the first vid is a stock one.... WOW.. surely not.. the acceleration is incrediBle.. A guy at work once had one.. (I never saw it), He did say there life alteringly FAST

I justed watched the 1st vid and timed it at 0 to 110/120 in around 10/11 seconds which is a bit slow for a stocker.
I assumed its a stocker by the speed and the exhaust sound. Sounded like a stocker to me.
A boosted bike sounds a lot different... the 2nd bike sounds sweet  8)   :D

Can anyone say what a reasonable 1/4 time and terminal speed for a stock Busa would be as a reference point ?

:thumb:

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2009, 05:38:06 AM »
DXB, another usefull tip is you have to train your brain to get up to speed too  :wink:

I picked up on one of your earlier comments which made me think: your brain needs to be able to keep up with the bike.
Trust me on this, I had old ZZR1100 D2 which topped out at 184 mph before my 1st Busa back in 2000 and even that wasn`t enough
to prepare my head for the Busa.
You need lightining fast reaction times and to be able to respond quickly to situations that the Busa will propel you into so quckly that your head is way lagging behind.

I hope you can appreciate what I mean? I`m telling you this as someone who would rather you learn a little from all of us  :thumb:
Safety is important  :!:

I know the British "gung ho" hero attitudes amongst new bikers and tbh most of it is bollocks.
Also.....British roads are vastly different to the US. We are talking track times here, but its also relevant to road bikes too.

As we say in England: "0 to casualty in 2.5 seconds"  :lol: :lol:

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2009, 05:46:02 AM »

I ain't light.

Entropy.....

Maybe read my post before you assume I am 100% wrong about anything.  :wink:

ALSO

Losing 3 or 4mph due to a heavyweight rider can be all the difference.
Not really a fair comparison to say that weight will automatically mean worse aeros....many people have to add weight for traction and this can add zero positive or negative to the Cd. Rider weight alone will not have any measurable affect on overall top speed that is....unless the rider is over 800 pounds and then it will only be down 1ish mph.

~JH

I can`t quite get my head around the "dynamics"of a guy my size: 6 foot 2" tall and 270 lb being able to obtain the same speed as a 5 foot 9" 154 lb guy over a short distance like most
race tracks. Our longest are some of the USAF bases over here and I think that only gives a 1 mile or so run up?
Its like having a rider and pillion compared to a single rider ?  :lol:

But I am very interested in what everyone is saying  :thumb:

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2009, 10:49:23 AM »
I can`t quite get my head around the "dynamics"of a guy my size: 6 foot 2" tall and 270 lb being able to obtain the same speed as a 5 foot 9" 154 lb guy over a short distance like most
race tracks

I would like to see where anyone said that a heaver rider would be able to obtain the same speed as a lighter rider in a short distance.

Where is this comming from.....
02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

2X world record holder

Offline Pete

• Post Master
  • a.k.a 'Geri'
    • Pete's turbo build
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2009, 11:05:37 AM »
Just for the record the fastest bone stock Gen1 Hayabusa we've had in the UK went 191mph. The only alteration we allow for bone stock bike is removal of the top speed limiter and non-stock tyres. There have been a few stock-motored bikes over the 200 with pipes & strapping. Top-speed events in the UK are mostly orgainsed by Trev Duckworth owner of Straightliners racing and 200mph.net. You can find most of the results of past years there.

Where are you based in the UK DXB, and what year bike have you got?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:08:56 AM by Geri »

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2009, 11:48:39 AM »
race tracks

I would like to see where anyone said that a heaver rider would be able to obtain the same speed as a lighter rider in a short distance.

Where is this comming from.....

Well done JH !  :lol:

You`ve finally tuned in to what I`ve been saying all along.  :thumb: