Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 200+  (Read 15606 times)

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
Re: 200+
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 04:36:21 AM »
I can sit at over 180 without tucking in too much, depends on your strength  :wink:
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 08:48:35 AM »
Bob, were you foot shifting at Goliad in March? And of course three magic words " Tuned by Cheese " And of course your superb riding skills helped a little :hys:. The OF's were rocking at Goliad!! :thumb:

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline entropy

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 10:59:17 AM »
Rider weight is a major variable

Dude not to be a dick but weight almost has no effect on top speed....

~JH

sorry JH. but you are 100% wrong FOR THE STANDING MILE.

At Bonneville, you are prob on the money,
but in a standing Mile it IS a dragrace; every mph you leave at the beginning is a loss at the Mile marker.
Light guys go faster in the Mile.

I ain't light. :D
Often wrong, but never unsure!!!!!

Offline speedninja

• Post Whore
  • If you are in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 11:06:22 AM »
Rider weight is a major variable

Dude not to be a dick but weight almost has no effect on top speed....

~JH

but in a standing Mile it IS a dragrace; every mph you leave at the beginning is a loss at the Mile marker.

I ain't light. :D

+10 Karl

Offline Kiwi

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 02:10:23 PM »
There was some wind tunnel testing that was linked to from here a while ago. The bigger guy (think it was Dave O) had better aero than the jockey.

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 03:37:15 PM »

I ain't light.

Entropy.....

Maybe read my post before you assume I am 100% wrong about anything.  :wink:

This is not the case in drag racing....or racing where you have a limited space to reach your top speed.

ALSO

Losing 3 or 4mph due to a heavyweight rider can be all the difference.
Not really a fair comparison to say that weight will automatically mean worse aeros....many people have to add weight for traction and this can add zero positive or negative to the Cd. Rider weight alone will not have any measurable affect on overall top speed that is....unless the rider is over 800 pounds and then it will only be down 1ish mph.

~JH

02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

Busa pwrd Bonneville car 208 mph+
2X world record holder
NA motor: 1507cc
Fastest 1.5L NA door slammer in the world

Offline DXB

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 04:00:02 PM »
These 280HP GSXR1300's which run mid 8's at over 160mph,

what do they do 0-60 and 0-100mph?
I don't think anyone measures these numbers. But I have run 8.8 @ 158mph. All motor, stock wheelbase. That engine was making around 225hp. It also went 204mph in a flying 1/4. It was doing 5.8s @ 130mph in the 1/8. As far as top speed goes you also have to remember there are certain factors which will effect the result. I don't think any of the venues allow for the ultimate numbers. Bonneville will have traction and altitude to slow you down. Maxton is only a 1 mile run up, etc. But when it is all said and done, the Busa is the fastest bike available in a straight line, and the easiest to make even faster.

I didnt think people would, I am interested though... 0-60:2.0 and 0-100:3.5 ? what do you think?

DXB hello mate  :D

You need to check out with the guys who do the top speed runs in the UK like 200mph.org or UKBusas.co.uk ok ?

There are NO definitive figures like the ones you are asking for because there are so many variables  :wink:

Rider weight is a major variable.
Air temp, air density, humidity, air quality, air movement etc are all major factors at these high speeds. Thats just "air" !

I believe a stock but well set up Busa has hit 200mph in the UK.
The Flying Dutchman hit 265 mph last year or the year before.

Pay attention at the back there !!  :wink: :lol:
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=129549.220

0 to 60 times are pretty irrelevant tbh unless your on the track and most are looking at distance times over yards and not times to certain speeds.
0 to 60 times are more about how strong your forearms, your back and your grip strength is than power of the bike  :lol:
On a stocker your looking at 2.5 secs or there about 0 to 60.... but only if your strong enough and have the right technique and the balls.
The "launch" is critical and it isn't easy to launch them quickly  :?

Hi mate,

I think ill take a look over at those UK busa sites. Cheers for the links.

Who is the flying dutch man? 265mph is pretty crazy? surely not at brunters?!

Ive had a look at the first vid, VERY QUICK. I take it thats boosted ?! 280-300HP to acheive acceleration as savage as that?

Makes me want one even more now.. JUst no time to blink... Scary stuff.

So i would imagine a 280HP would not be much quicker to 60 due to traction issues over a stock bike but to 100mph must be insane.

stock must do 0-100mph in 5.5 secs or thereabouts? and 280HP in 3.5 im guessing. There must be some times floating about somewhere.

Cheers

Carl

DXB, to give you a feel of the acceleration and I appreciate you would like a Busa, so please enjoy these two videos  :thumb:

1st one a tanks eye view on a stock Busa, front wheel comes up so easy  :lol: The speedo is mph not kph OK ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfGK4gQdaZA

2nd one is a sweet turbo Busa, watch how fast the speedo needle rises and how fast you run out of road ?
At the 12 o-clock position on the speedo, thats about 120 mph.
Trouble with Busas is everything else is just in the bloody way !!!!  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKPSjVkQVr0

Just read the first vid is a stock one.... WOW.. surely not.. the acceleration is incrediBle.. A guy at work once had one.. (I never saw it), He did say there life alteringly FAST

2nd vid is even more insane..

EDIT, just spoke to a friend who did a genuine GPS 189mph, which was an indicated 205mph on the speedo.

He later did a Indicatrd 217mph on a ''Ahem'' private road. so proBaBly a genuine 200+

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:03:54 PM by DXB »
BMW E92 335d, 1/4mile 13.02, fastest trap 106.8mph

Offline WildBro

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • NO Fairies Here
    • Wild Bros Racing
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 05:04:08 PM »
What is the exact top speed that the Dutchman has gone?
It may come in handy some day  :D

Bill

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 05:29:11 PM »

Bill
like around the 1st of Aug.

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 05:31:46 PM »
Bob, were you foot shifting at Goliad in March? And of course three magic words " Tuned by Cheese " And of course your superb riding skills helped a little :hys:. The OF's were rocking at Goliad!! :thumb:

Fred
Bob has a shifter,I was foot shifting

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 05:32:38 PM »

Bill

Bill,

Frank went 265.4mph with gale force winds at his heels, he ran a return in to a lesser amount of wind on his return (other way) and ran less than 230 from what I read..

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 06:58:58 PM »
Hey JH next time you at The Texas Mile come tell me who you are because I don"t recall ever seeing you there,now the people that don"t treat the Mile as a drag race are losers, but I've have only done 206.215 with a stock cc 05 busa so what do I know

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 08:10:50 PM »
Hey JH next time you at The Texas Mile come tell me who you are because I don"t recall ever seeing you there,now the people that don"t treat the Mile as a drag race are losers, but I've have only done 206.215 with a stock cc 05 busa so what do I know

What do you know???

Apparently not enough to read a post before you make a comment that makes zero sense.

Seriously…..when the F did I say anything about not treating the TM like a drag race or anything close.
02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

2X world record holder

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 09:23:41 PM »

What do you know???

Apparently not enough to read a post before you make a comment that makes zero sense.

Seriously…..when the F did I say anything about not treating the TM like a drag race or anything close.

well looks like my bad,sorry about that but when you come to the mile look me up i'll buy you a drink

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 10:57:37 PM »
Texanzone, I was a dick.

If my car didnt require a 40 mph push before it hits first I would see you at the TM. (keep thinking my 02 would make for a nice LSR....after all she only got about 100 miles last year, debating a drag or lsr).

Better yet....

You make it to the big show (Speedweek) and I will be buying the beer!

Just hook up with the bad arse Texan FV, he will be rollin soon!

~JH

02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

2X world record holder

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2009, 11:04:25 PM »
I plan on The big show one day maybe in a few years  :thumb:

Offline Kiwi

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 12:04:12 AM »
If you work back from the 60' drag strip times, and assume constant acceleration at these low speeds, here is how they would translate to a 0 - 60 mph.

60' time          0 - 60mph time
Reasonable time for a stock bike                                           1.7s                2.2s
Good rider, slightly modified bike                                          1.5s                1.7s
Well set up drag bike, 230hp+                                              1.2s                1.1s

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009, 05:15:50 AM »
If you work back from the 60' drag strip times, and assume constant acceleration at these low speeds, here is how they would translate to a 0 - 60 mph.

60' time          0 - 60mph time
Reasonable time for a stock bike                                           1.7s                2.2s
Good rider, slightly modified bike                                          1.5s                1.7s
Well set up drag bike, 230hp+                                              1.2s                1.1s

For DXB, times are totally down to the individual riders skill/ability  :thumb:
On a bike you can`t just jump on say a 300bhp bike and expect to do fast standing 1/4 miles.
It takes time to learn the skills and not everyone has the talent anyway  :wink:

Yeah even a stock Busa acceleration is shatteringly quick  8)

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2009, 05:23:58 AM »

Just read the first vid is a stock one.... WOW.. surely not.. the acceleration is incrediBle.. A guy at work once had one.. (I never saw it), He did say there life alteringly FAST

I justed watched the 1st vid and timed it at 0 to 110/120 in around 10/11 seconds which is a bit slow for a stocker.
I assumed its a stocker by the speed and the exhaust sound. Sounded like a stocker to me.
A boosted bike sounds a lot different... the 2nd bike sounds sweet  8)   :D

Can anyone say what a reasonable 1/4 time and terminal speed for a stock Busa would be as a reference point ?

:thumb:

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2009, 05:38:06 AM »
DXB, another usefull tip is you have to train your brain to get up to speed too  :wink:

I picked up on one of your earlier comments which made me think: your brain needs to be able to keep up with the bike.
Trust me on this, I had old ZZR1100 D2 which topped out at 184 mph before my 1st Busa back in 2000 and even that wasn`t enough
to prepare my head for the Busa.
You need lightining fast reaction times and to be able to respond quickly to situations that the Busa will propel you into so quckly that your head is way lagging behind.

I hope you can appreciate what I mean? I`m telling you this as someone who would rather you learn a little from all of us  :thumb:
Safety is important  :!:

I know the British "gung ho" hero attitudes amongst new bikers and tbh most of it is bollocks.
Also.....British roads are vastly different to the US. We are talking track times here, but its also relevant to road bikes too.

As we say in England: "0 to casualty in 2.5 seconds"  :lol: :lol:

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2009, 05:46:02 AM »

I ain't light.

Entropy.....

Maybe read my post before you assume I am 100% wrong about anything.  :wink:

This is not the case in drag racing....or racing where you have a limited space to reach your top speed.

ALSO

Losing 3 or 4mph due to a heavyweight rider can be all the difference.
Not really a fair comparison to say that weight will automatically mean worse aeros....many people have to add weight for traction and this can add zero positive or negative to the Cd. Rider weight alone will not have any measurable affect on overall top speed that is....unless the rider is over 800 pounds and then it will only be down 1ish mph.

~JH

I can`t quite get my head around the "dynamics"of a guy my size: 6 foot 2" tall and 270 lb being able to obtain the same speed as a 5 foot 9" 154 lb guy over a short distance like most
race tracks. Our longest are some of the USAF bases over here and I think that only gives a 1 mile or so run up?
Its like having a rider and pillion compared to a single rider ?  :lol:

But I am very interested in what everyone is saying  :thumb:

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2009, 10:49:23 AM »
I can`t quite get my head around the "dynamics"of a guy my size: 6 foot 2" tall and 270 lb being able to obtain the same speed as a 5 foot 9" 154 lb guy over a short distance like most
race tracks

I would like to see where anyone said that a heaver rider would be able to obtain the same speed as a lighter rider in a short distance.

Where is this comming from.....
02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

2X world record holder

Offline Pete

• Post Master
  • a.k.a 'Geri'
    • Pete's turbo build
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2009, 11:05:37 AM »
Just for the record the fastest bone stock Gen1 Hayabusa we've had in the UK went 191mph. The only alteration we allow for bone stock bike is removal of the top speed limiter and non-stock tyres. There have been a few stock-motored bikes over the 200 with pipes & strapping. Top-speed events in the UK are mostly orgainsed by Trev Duckworth owner of Straightliners racing and 200mph.net. You can find most of the results of past years there.

Where are you based in the UK DXB, and what year bike have you got?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:08:56 AM by Geri »

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2009, 11:48:39 AM »
race tracks

I would like to see where anyone said that a heaver rider would be able to obtain the same speed as a lighter rider in a short distance.

Where is this comming from.....

Well done JH !  :lol:

You`ve finally tuned in to what I`ve been saying all along.  :thumb: