Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Custom B-King in the Family...  (Read 7986 times)

Offline Doug C

• New User!
Custom B-King in the Family...
« on: May 15, 2009, 06:01:07 PM »
Hi guys, I'm new here and wanted to say hello... so HI!!
My stepdad recently bought a B-King and he quickly started customizing it. I don't mean minor "nick nack" items either.... he stripped the thing down even further, beyond it's naked-bike status. In the process he actually permanantly removed the boxy looking air-scoop things off the side of the fuel tank AND rebuilt/reshaped the tank itself. He replaced the stock front fender with a GSXR fender which is way better (simpler) IMHO. Had the rear swingarm and everything else powder-coated black. Then he painted it (himself) with a black on black on black look. He had the seats professionally recovered in a black "basket-weave" looking material. He removed the stock exhaust and installed a Two Brothers carbon fiber v.a.l.e dual exhaust and it's matching fender eleminator kit with small turn signals, Two Brothers "Juice Box" fuel management system. That entire Two Brothers system alone was the biggest improvement IMHO, and it idled with a low thick sound and would bark that visious mean bark when the throttle was slightly twisted. The bike looked great, nicest B-K I've ever seen - I'll try to get some pictures up here soon. The setup he came up with made the bike look alot more like a roadracer but with bars instead of clip ons. Now he's become really interested in dragraceing it, so he's removed the Two Brother set up in favor or a very short (around the foot peg) open type exhaust from M4 raceing (it's really loud now) and extended the swingarm. He's talking about adding a nitros bottle real soon too. So it should be a scream and give some of the busa's a tough time, I'd imagine. So anyway, glad I found this place as I'm considering getting my own bk,busa or gixxer soon. My stepdad doesn't really do the enternet thing all that much, so I'm sure I'll learn tons here that I can pass on to him.
Doug C   
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:38:19 AM by Doug C »

Offline Doug C

• New User!
Re: Custom B-King in the Family...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »
Hey BTW guys, if anyone is interest in my stepdads entire Two Brothers set-up let me know... like 50% off a new one and it has about 500 miles on it total. That's two CarbonFiber canisters, Y-pipe, clamps, fender eliminator, small LED turn signals and brackets, "juice box" electronics.

Mods - if this is out of line or against the rules, I understand if you want to delete it.

Doug C
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 03:03:12 PM by Doug C »

Offline Doug C

• New User!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »
Any other B-king riders in the DFW area?

Doug C

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 07:31:38 PM »
Hi Doug! welcome. Can't wait to see more pictures!! :thumb:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:38:29 AM by turbobusa65 »
No computer operating busa freak!

Offline dkirk

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 02:49:50 PM »
still patiently waiting on pics of this BA B-K  :roll:
Everyone has bad days.....
but some people are just that way all the time......

Offline Highlander

• Rider
    • Hayabusa I own
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 09:23:25 PM »
Pics we need PICS

Offline El Ahijado 069

• New User!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 05:01:30 PM »
First of I would like to say Hi... Next wondering where the picture are from you stepdads bike i have a 08  bking and cant wait to start modifying it and to this come my next question. BUT i don't know if we are allowed to buy and sell here so is you still have the exhaust system send me and email at rammer942000@yahoo.com i would like more info.