Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 10 Months....  (Read 3651 times)

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
10 Months....
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:31:08 AM »
Ten months later and it seems that not a day go's by that I do not think of Dave Owen and how so many of us lost a truly great guy.

I miss you Dave.

All of you racers be careful at Loring since you have never raced there, check your tires, brakes, parachutes (cars) and think of of Dave and I am sure he will look down and admire your runs.

J

First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
Re: 10 Months....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:01:02 AM »
I'm sure he would have loved Loring. RIP Dave.

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 10:10:16 AM »
I have no doubt that his spirit will be there with us at Loring. In fact a lot of his handywork will be there as well! It will be a long time to come before you won't find his handywork amongst us!
I know he was with us when we ran at Texas earlier this year! Hopefully he won't be messing with me again at Loring the way he did at Texas! hehehe Either way, we'll know he's there!  :wink:

Debbie

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 10:14:52 AM »
 I never met him, but I know he was a good guy. All I ever heard about him was praise for his work and or/giving nature. It seems unfair that chance would point it's finger at him.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:35:25 AM »
I have been thinking of him all week.  Some of my thoughts selfish...how fast could I really go if Dave were here to help me?  How fast could he go if I let him ride the "Tiger"?  I miss his friendship and late night phone calls.

I'm hoping that maybe he'll be there for me down track so that I go faster.  He can ride with me anytime.

I still blubber when I talk about him to others.  RIP my friend.
Guy
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:37:00 AM by 2fast4u2c »
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 11:51:29 AM »
When we were tuning the bike at JC's Sat. I changed out my ecu. The one I put in had been set up by DaveO amd has his handwriting on it. It made me think of him and think it will be good mojo to have that box on the bike.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 12:24:37 PM »
Jason Mcvicor stop over and we were talking about him, he is missed for sure!!!  R.I.P. Dave !! i never touched my map at all  in my microtech since he tuned my bike last June... closing in on 240  thanks Dave O

Offline Nosgsx1300

• Mad Post Whore
  • RCC GT4088R WHOOOT
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 02:10:17 PM »
I really wish he hadn't passed
I always loved chatting with him, I always would learn something, wether I was asking a question or not

He was supposed to tune my bike the Tuesday he got back
I have spent all season tuning, and am still nowhere near close  :shock:
He would have had it done in two days
Plus he would have egged me on all season, to be ready for Loring this weekend and he would not have let me off the hook if I don't race it

RCC GT4088R
2011 Loring 204.88mph "naked"
2015 Loring 220.01743 MPH Faired in fifth gear

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 10:24:21 PM »
I still wait for my phone to ring EVERYDAY !! :cry:
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline FASBUS

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 11:05:13 PM »
 What a wonderfull friend Dave was to all of us & unselfish w/information.A trait hard to find in racing.I miss the phone calls & talking to someone on the other end who was just as passionate . Just last night I put one of his pictures up as my screen saver.

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 07:39:29 AM »
every time I have little gremlins with my bike we laugh and say Dave is messing with us and having a good laugh.
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 09:15:35 AM »
every time I have little gremlins with my bike we laugh and say Dave is messing with us and having a good laugh.

hehehe we do the same thing! He's received many a "thanks" :roll: from me over the past week!  :lol: brat!
I'm just glad I paid attention to his "style" of doing things or I'd be really lost picking into some of what he's left us with!  8)

Debbie