Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 300 big tire kit question  (Read 4813 times)

Offline kaw_killa

• Rider
  • my 05 and 08 busa
300 big tire kit question
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:37:28 PM »
I have a 80 busa and I am thinking about putting a 300 tire kit on it. I was told today that if I were to put a big tire kit on it, I would have to remove my exhaust. I have a yoshi TRC Carbon fiber exhaust. Its only 2 months old, so I don't want to replace it. Does any one know if I can leave it the way it is with the TRC on it? I was also told that I would have to grind the inside of the frame in order to make the swing arm work. This sounds like BS to me. I know any damage to a frame totals the bike. A little help please.

SPEED KILLS, RIDE A KAWASAKI

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
Re: 300 big tire kit question
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:09:24 PM »
I wouldn't do it. I have a Busa in my garage that I am working on now with a 300 on it. It's a pain in the ass with the jackshaft and all. It's not my cup of tea. I'll look and see if they modified the frame any.

I wouldn't ruin an '08 like that personally. Just my opinion.
YEAH, IT'S STOCK. :trb:

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
Re: 300 big tire kit question
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 08:17:34 AM »
There is no frame grinding required on a 300 kit...I have ran both the 250 and now currently the 300 kit.  With a 240-250 kit you will have to grind the inside of the chain side of the frame to clear the chain, not a good think in my mind.  But, the 300 kits are desinged to eliminate that.  More than likely you will not be able to run an unmodified exhaust that has a muffler on it, this is why most run the Brock's or Boz systems, as a standard exhaust won't clear the swingarm.  You could retain your exhaust system, but you would have to have a custom bent pipe made to clear the swingarm and a spacer to push the muffler away from the swingarm.