Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 300 big tire kit question  (Read 7967 times)

Offline kaw_killa

• Rider
  • my 05 and 08 busa
300 big tire kit question
« on: August 03, 2009, 11:20:44 PM »
I have the 08 hayabusa, and I am thinking about putting a 300 kit on it. I was told today that I would have to replace my youshimura carbon fiber exhaust (because its to long) and also grind down the inside of the frame to get the swingarm to fit. That didnt sound right to me at all. Has anyone else ever heard of anything like this before????

SPEED KILLS, RIDE A KAWASAKI

Offline mrultra1300r

• Post Master
  • RCC Turbos USA
Re: 300 big tire kit question
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »
depending on the kit, most jack shaft arms fit right in the frame. as far as exhaust go you may have to modify it or space it out to make room for the arm.
Official Site Supporter
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Ricks-Custom-Cycle/194149464017698

www.RICKSCUSTOMCYCLE.com
paypal mrturbo1300@aol.com
TURBOCHARGING THE WORLD

Offline kaw_killa

• Rider
  • my 05 and 08 busa
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 03:53:43 PM »
depending on the kit, most jack shaft arms fit right in the frame. as far as exhaust go you may have to modify it or space it out to make room for the arm.

Offline Bigrod330

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 09:37:48 AM »
Never heard of grinding frame for a 300 kit.  ONly on 240 kits do you need to grind the inside of the frame.
Your exhaust will hit the new 300 arm.  The arm is wider than stock ....look how close your pipe is to the arm.  An exhaust shop can mod it to swoop out around the 300 arm to work for you.  Seen it done before.

Choose wisley on a jackshaft arm.  Make sure it has good support on both sides of the jackshaft...should look like the same as rear axle blocks.  The 09 new redesigned C&S, murtlewest are prob the best ones.
Dont for get you will need to stiffen up your rear suspension too.

Offline kaw_killa

• Rider
  • my 05 and 08 busa
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 09:56:42 AM »
I have lowering links on the bike, will i need to raise it back up? it looks like the tire would rub if i dont. or will tightening the shock prevent that from happening?

Offline kaw_killa

• Rider
  • my 05 and 08 busa
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 10:00:16 AM »
Never heard of grinding frame for a 300 kit.  ONly on 240 kits do you need to grind the inside of the frame.
Your exhaust will hit the new 300 arm.  The arm is wider than stock ....look how close your pipe is to the arm.  An exhaust shop can mod it to swoop out around the 300 arm to work for you.  Seen it done before.

Choose wisley on a jackshaft arm.  Make sure it has good support on both sides of the jackshaft...should look like the same as rear axle blocks.  The 09 new redesigned C&S, murtlewest are prob the best ones.

wouldn't grinding the frame affect the warranty on the bike?????????????

Offline kaw_killa

• Rider
  • my 05 and 08 busa
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 10:04:59 AM »

oh yea..........thats a bad a$$ bike  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Bigrod330

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »
At the exhaust hanger you will need a new bolt and spacer. The pipe will be about 2+ inches away from the passenger rearset to mount it.

Offline Bigrod330

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 01:00:42 PM »
Pics I have of another 300 kit and stock reworked pipe.  I realy like how he did this one.

Offline kaw_killa

• Rider
  • my 05 and 08 busa
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »
got everything mounted with no problems. didnt have to grind the frame, didnt have to do any modfications to the exhaust. as soon as i can remember how to post photos, i will post one of the bike.

Offline ape_man_escaped

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 06:27:22 PM »
Its all about which 300 kit you buy.  Never had any problems with mine. But of course mine has dump pipes