Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: bking ecu flashing  (Read 20405 times)

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
bking ecu flashing
« on: September 06, 2009, 08:44:32 AM »
Petrik said he might consider figuring out limiters etc on the b-king if someone can send him an ecu, he is in finland so it might be a while before you get it back, or if you have an extra to donate......
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Yngve

• Post Master
Re: bking ecu flashing
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 09:16:48 AM »
I HAD one but I had to send it back to Suzuki Norway :(

I dont know what I am talking about but I do know that I am right :)

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:17:43 AM »
warranty?
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Yngve

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 02:06:24 PM »
In Norway the B-King is delivered either with 100 hp or full power and mine was 100 hp by mistake. You can just cut an earth wire to get full hp but I wanted the ECU since it wasn't my mistake.

To bad I had to send back the old one. I had it for several months before they found out that I hadn't returned it :(  :)

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 08:39:36 PM »
If we could work out some type of free set up to compensate for the down time I would love to be the test dummy.  I would even be willing to give dyno results and real world reviews.  Let me know if you are interested. 

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 08:50:58 PM »
I would provide a free flashing setup, but u would need to talk with petrik regarding how long he would need it etc, I would be out of the loop in those regards.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 09:55:25 PM »
How do I get in contact with him.  I have the bike and I'm ready to go...I thought about looking into it sooner, but the majority of the guys on the b-king sites said that they were only able to adjust some of the fuel limiters and didn't gain much, but if he is going to do a full on hack of the ecu I am sure he will unlock just as much as they have on the busa.  It would make a great tuning tool, and as much as I love to ride I would be willing to take the down-time.  My particular bike is a 2008 U.S. model.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 05:37:19 AM »
i think he really wants someone with a spare ecu they don't need returned, his name on here is petrik

also i dont think his plan would be to make it like the busa, but just hack the limiters, it takes an enermous amount of effort to make it able to be tuned like the busa is.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 07:16:47 AM »
I would imagine that the two bikes being closely related they would have similar type ECUs...sure would be a nice option to have all the tunability of the 1st Gen Busa ECUs.  I see alot of talk on other B-king boards of people looking for some aftermarket options to tune with.  The bike is a great ride, but only recently they are comming out with performance parts...like full exhaust systems.   

Offline Yngve

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 11:04:28 AM »
Everything that fits the Busa enginewise fits the B-King.

Never seen a full exhaust though even if the only thing that is needed is a midpipe going from a Hayabusa style 4-2-1 up to the slip on that everybody offer.

I have made my "full" system out of a SATO downpipe and Yoshimura Slip on.

But it gave most HP with the TiForce SUMO made for a Hayabusa 99-07.

13 RWHP more with it than the original downpipes ( - catalyst that I removed ) and Yosh slip on.

Haven't tested it with the SATO downpipe but it feels like its still 5-6 hp down on the SUMO.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 02:12:04 PM by Yngve »

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 01:06:59 PM »
I think I would be correct in saying that the only full systems are basicly systems that have been developed for the Gen2 busa and put on a B-king.  That is why all the full systems I see have the exhaust canister on the right side instead of under the tail, where it belongs.  Pity, I would pay for a full undertail system that is one of the reasons I bought the bike. 

Offline ICEMAN

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 05:33:48 PM »
greg your into it all.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 09:46:33 AM »
looks like petrik is back at it again with help from a bking owner, might be flashing busa code to bking ecu's very soon  :thumb:
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 04:02:39 PM »
looks like petrik is back at it again with help from a bking owner, might be flashing busa code to bking ecu's very soon  :thumb:

Yep, first usefull Bking features are out now: Disabling the oxy sensor just with a couple of mouse clicks. Or you can also use the engine data monitor screen already for any engine problems hunting and clear errorcodes.

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 03:19:08 AM »
Bking fuelmap tuning seems to work too... so lambda can be disabled and fuelmaps tuned using the stock ecu.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 08:00:22 AM »
Very cool, anything with derestriction yet?
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 08:32:04 AM »
Very cool, anything with derestriction yet?

Derestriction is a powerful word, but the real benefits for Bking as a non racing platform is not really on my roadmap. This is just a basic tuning tool as I promised someone to write one. Lets hope that we can hook the bking gauges to busa ecu firmware to have a full racing setup support.

You should rather compare this Bking fueltuning version of ecutor to a "powercommander with hox sensor eliminator and a datalogging system" in one package - exept that this requires no permanent hardware plugin installation and all you get is a free software that can be used to tune the factory ecu. Simple as that.

EDIT - forgotten completely the top speed limiter. That of course should be adjustable off if it is easy to find, let me have a look at it.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 08:38:23 AM by PetriK »

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 09:17:26 AM »
Sorry forgotting about that this may be needed too. Its interesting how bking seems to have both 5th and 6th gear limited. Anyway now its one mouse click and gear 5 and gear 6 limiters are away (testing pending). (When someone talks about derestriction I start to think about this negliable ignitionmap difrence.)

EDIT: 5&6 gears are also restricted by STPA at higher RPMs, now clicking this deristrict box in ecueditor makes 5&6 gears to use gear4 STP maps. EXVA seems to have same maps for gears 4-6 and not acting as a limiter. Fuel and ignition map information for gear5&6 is currently unknown, but if in doubt or testing reveals otherwise we can use gear4 fuel and iignition maps for gear 5-6 fairly easily too.

EDIT2: Heard that its best to have ignition locked to 5th gear and use STP settings from 4th gear for all gears. Also added a RPM limiter setting ability.So I guess now we can say that derestriction works too.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:04:05 AM by PetriK »

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 04:16:54 AM »
the last 2 posts are all chinese to me, so yes we can do the derestriction with this, I want to take the Gi Pro off my BKING, can I , and Greg do you do this, And how much ???   thanks Jody
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 06:58:56 AM »
Jody,

I would love to get you guys flasing the bking, I could flash it for you, but then you are loosing out on being able to tweak things yourself, currenlty this is a list of what can be done with the bking ecu using the gen II busa ecu flasher:

Let me know if you want to try flashing out yourself, will make you a nice deal and give all the tech support you need  :thumb:

• Remove 5th / 6th gear restrictions
  • Enable 5-6 ignition maps across all gears
  • Increase rev limiter
  • Fuel mapping, both IAP and TPS Table
  • View sensor data and fault codes in gauge data screen
  • Ability to dis-able O2 Sensor
  • Ability to disable Pair valve solenoid
  • Ability to disable EVAP canister
  • Ability to disable EXC Exhaust Valve

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 07:05:36 AM by smithabusa »
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 08:03:44 AM »
PM sent thanks Jody
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 05:37:35 PM »
On the bking side things are moving on smoothly. Justin is just puling tigether the shiifter cide for bking. After that everything as add onmodules will straight forward

I expec tus to see some fairly tuned bkings in the near future using ecueditor.com with the same way we are using it for gen1 and gen2 busasl!

Offline nhgunnut

• Rider
  • An Armed Society is a polite Society
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 06:02:01 AM »
Just a general Heads UP cause some of us (meaning me) do not always read directions closely enough. So  Saturday after installing Greg's Kit with some friends. I turned my B King into a Paperweight for 4 hours. This was the result of not pulling the Base map off of the bike. (DUH) We thought the base map in the software was good enough ( Dee dee dee)  Turns out tha there are differences between the Euro/Ozzy bikes and the the US versions and one of them appears to be an Imobilizer Key that if the ECU doesn't find it kill the Fuel circuit. Search and found the Latest Software low and behold Big Button says "B King US and another that one for Euro Bikes all flashed all is well.
Thanks to Greg who supplies a Great kit and answers his phone when he should to help Bubba's like me install it.
and Petrick who has supplied us with an amazing tool for dabblers like me.

Offline Rossco

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 01:31:20 AM »

If I set the the rev limit using EE2, *B-KING*
1) does it become a hard cut rather than the soft cut as it is now? (no options in EE2)
2) is it an ignition or fuel cut or both?

Reason I ask is I am turboing using a secondary controller and injectors and I don't want it running lean by running JUST on the secondaries when it hits the limiter as it could on a soft cut.

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:12:00 PM by Rossco »

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 05:08:30 PM »
 :D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:41:44 AM by Oz Booster »
Official Site Donor