Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: $1500 Busa, money well spent!  (Read 57274 times)

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
  • Who doesn't love a wet pussy... Cat?
    • LinkedIn
Re: $1500 Busa, money well spent!
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 07:14:20 PM »
Check out mototuneusa.com. This guy's got some pretty radical info on that kinda stuff and more!  He's the guy that came up with the very controversial break-in theory, "Grip it and Rip it".
2003 Katana 7/12: Daily Rider
2006 Busa: "Thing 3", 1430+cc weekend bike
Suzuki GSXR 750 (multiple years): Track bike
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 02:09:39 PM »
Is your bike here in "Member Projects"?
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »
no its not i actually wrecked it and decided to upgrade when i was fixing it
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »
Oh, sorry about the accident :( I read some other strings where you mentioned a wheel chair and broken legs, was that from the same accident?  Hope you're doin' better!
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »
that would be be me!

s

Those are from aug 4th 2009 and by the end of the season i was back on a bike...The day after the doctor told me to put the crutches away and walk i got back on out trainer bike(1986 honda nighthawk 450)
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 01:51:40 PM »
It's good you didn't get hurt even worse or worse!  Poor Busa :cry:  Good job for not givin' up the sport!  Bikes are like guns, they don't kill/hurt people, the people on them do!  I have in-laws that gave up riding because a cousin got killed on a bike.  Their grandmother told them to get rid of their bikes and I guess they did it out of respect :?:  I understand that but if I was told to sell my bike because of someone in my family getting hurt or killed on one I'd have to "respectfully decline"!  Would I be wrong for that?  I don't think I'd give it up even if my wife asked/told me too :twisted:  I've been riding since before I started dating, it's part of who I am.
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 08:57:40 PM »
You are right in that...if your riding within your capabilities then you are safe as long as someone else does not do something to upset that...i got my first streetbike the day before i turned 18 and i fell in love! i rode dirt before that but there is no comparison to taking a corner at 100+ and grabbing a handfull of throttle coming out! Call me crazy but riding is my "drug" of choice and i would not give it up for anything!

Offline magus

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Zenaku Racing
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 01:59:06 PM »
 :thumb:

cool project

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 05:34:10 PM »
Thanks alot! I got a few more pics to put on here before I dive into the wiring.  I might not be on here for a while once I start that :?
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »
Okay, got the chain guard polished!  I even polished the OEM screws with white rouge :wink: The chain guard originally had a tag holder on the end of it but I liked the other one I got from my buddy better so I chopped it off.

Pic of the chain guard installed.

Next I'll be wiring up the relays, camera, gps tracker, alarm, accent lights, etc., etc. I'm still debating that, though. I may just wire it up enough to get it running then take it back apart later to finish.  We'll see.
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 09:54:44 AM »
Beautiful resurection and even better topic layout!!  :thumb: :thumb: I have done alot of polishing in my lifetime, would you try one thing for me?? Get some cottonballs and Mothers Billet Alluminum polish and go over a section of your upper frame and watch the fine scratches disappear. Maybe you are waiting till its totally complete to go over it or maybe you dont no anything about mothers billet and cottonballs, im telling that stuff works awesome and I've tried most everything. Great write up , truley impressed!!!!!! :D :thumb: :thumb:

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 10:49:46 AM »
Beautiful resurection and even better topic layout!!  :thumb: :thumb: I have done alot of polishing in my lifetime, would you try one thing for me?? Get some cottonballs and Mothers Billet Alluminum polish and go over a section of your upper frame and watch the fine scratches disappear. Maybe you are waiting till its totally complete to go over it or maybe you dont no anything about mothers billet and cottonballs, im telling that stuff works awesome and I've tried most everything. Great write up , truley impressed!!!!!! :D :thumb: :thumb:

Have you evr tried wenol? Its hard to find but is the best that i have ever used

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »
Thanks for the compliments and tip :o I used to use Mothers but not with cotton balls :? I'll give it a try! If you were to see the polish job in person you wouldn't see the fine swirls in the pics, the light from the camera flash is very harsh and brings out every detail! I wish I had a work light with that type of harsh light. 
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 05:48:31 PM »

Have you evr tried wenol? Its hard to find but is the best that i have ever used

yes i have and still use motheres billet with cottonballs :thumb:

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »
Okay, this spaghetti is what I have to make sense out of :shock: The plans for everything are in my head and handwritten notes I put in a folder as I came up with ideas :idea:

I found a home for the rear view camera monitor :wink: I used a swivel base with 3M tape, hope it doesn't look too "ghetto" :?

These are Time Delay Relays, they'll control how long it takes for the bike to go up or down with the use of a resistor of the specified value connected.  I'm going to try 2 seconds up and 3 seconds for down first then go from there.

I'm putting as many electrical components on the outside of the trunk as possible, I don't like a messy trunk 8)
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »
Okay, halfway done with wiring :? On the right, I installed a negative distro block, accessory distro block, and marine style fuse box. Ran the wires to the side and put connectors on in case I have to take sub-frame off in the future.

Top view of wiring. I had to put the alarm and 8 of the 10 relays in the trunk. I tried to make it as presentable as possible :P The relay on the lower left was mounted after I took the pics

Rear view of alarm install. I used 6 relays for the alarm, 1 accessory relay, and an ECU kill relay for the GPS tracker.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 01:41:38 PM by trunkbuster »
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
Halfway done with the rear spaghetti. Finished the right side, on to the left side. I'll be installing a mystical, magical black box in the trunk! The wires hanging down are from the tail light integrator, and the wires from the up/down relays on the side. Next to them are the connectors for the camera.

On the left I installed the GPS tracker, the tail light integrator, and the receiver for the air ride remote control which is tucked beneath the integrator. The wires hanging loose will be going to the black box.

With the help of Radio Shack I built a mystical, magical black box! The innards consist of a circuit card and diodes to seperate the inputs and outputs of the time delay relays, remote receiver, alarm, and GPS tracker. The notepad shows my mad ramblings :twisted:
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 12:18:09 PM »
Putting the black box together.

Okay, got the innards done, about to close it up.

All done, complete with connectors from MPS Racing.

Black box installed and connected.
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2010, 12:23:35 PM »
Rear is done with the exception of the door trigger switch for the alarm. I'll be using a micro switch to save space instead of the usual pin switch. If the hump is opened while the alarm is armed the switch will activate the alarm and send a signal through the gps tracker letting me know the alarm's been activated. The alarm's shock sensor does the same thing when triggered. For example, if someone were to try and throw the bike in the back of a truck they'd activate the tracker so me and my not-so-friendly XD-9 could easily find them :twisted:

After the trunk trigger I'll be working on the connections for the front.  After that I'll be mounting the camera in the undertail.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:48:51 AM by trunkbuster »
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
Almost done with wiring, ordered seat cover.
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »
Well, I made some changes to the wiring connections up front. Found out I don't need as many relays as I thought, just about done! I just placed an order for a crocadile skin, cognac colored vinyl seat cover from "Sweet Ass Seats". I'll put a pick of it up after I assemble it, the website is listed in my sources on page one. :kickass:
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2010, 05:56:29 PM »
Gotta love the XD-9...i know i love mine!

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2010, 01:40:28 PM »
Gotta love the XD-9...i know i love mine!
Yep! Hey, you changed your gender??
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2010, 01:54:43 AM »
Idk how that happened ha thanks for noticing!  :o

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
Ignition wiring
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »
Okay. I started with the green connector for the ignition switch. There are a few different ways to attach the relays. I tapped into the orange lead with an alarm triggered relay sending 12 volts for the remote start feature. In the pic I started to use a relay to close the circuit between the red and orange but changed to just tapping into the orange alone. Either way will work. To send 12 volts to the ignition I connected 12 volts to the positive side of the coil and the "Normally Open" relay contact. The other side of the N.O. contact goes to the ignition. The coil is activated by the remote start circuitry of the alarm, sending a negative signal to the negative side of the relay coil.

The ignition uses the orange with white tracer and black with white tracer to ground the ECU when the switch is in the "on" position. I cut the orange/white wire in half and put the GPS ignition kill on this circuit.  I wired the relay using the "Normally Closed" poles so the circuit is only opened when the engine kill signal is sent to the relay, grounding it, causing the normally closed poles to open and killing power to the ECU. Another inexpensive engine kill methd would be to connect a switch to these wires and put it in your locked trunk. Both ways make it difficult for someone to hot-wire your bike.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:42:03 PM by trunkbuster »
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
Remote Start/starter kill wiring
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2010, 07:14:18 PM »
On to the starter circuit. On the connector coming from the right grip controls I cut the main start wire (Orange/white tracer) which energizes the ECU and Fuel pump when the on/off switch is turned on, and starter motor when the start button is pressed. I attached an alarm controlled relay between the cut Orange/White wires to kill the circuit when the alarm is triggered. The relay is wired using the "Normally Closed" contacts and the trigger of the alarm sending a negative signal to the relays ground. The positive side of the relay has a constant 12 volts but is only activated by the trigger, opening the start circuit.

The wire coming from the start button to the start solenoid is the orange with black tracer. I tapped into this wire and for the remote start I used the start signal going through the first relay and sent it to a second relay to close the circuit to the solenoid and act as the start button. This relay is controlled by the alarm and uses the "Normally Open" contacts which only close when the trigger is sent using the remote start feature.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:39:31 PM by trunkbuster »
Do, Try, or Die!