Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Feels GOOD!  (Read 2927 times)

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
Feels GOOD!
« on: September 12, 2009, 01:16:44 AM »
 I lost my shorts in a project house caught up in the housing price collapse. Along the way I had to sell my Busa and work time and a half for the past 2 years. Well, the house is officially sold and within 30 minutes of its sale being officially sold (numbers recorded) I bought a Gen 2! No turbo, no nitrous, but it's shiny, has 500 miles, and I got it for a GREAT price! I'm pumped. I pick it up in 9 1/2 hours :D :D :D. Now I can start to day-dream about turbo'n it. Lets see, swap the vavles and springs, undercut the tranny, pistons, rods, RCC stage2 kit...OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE :shock:
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
Re: Feels GOOD!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 03:06:03 AM »
Sometimes it's just better to have the weight of a house off of your back, isn't it?  :wink:

-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline JohnnyBKing

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 07:53:52 AM »
Hey turbojohn, I'm getting ready to do the same thing to my B King. I'm going with a stage II Velocity due to the fact that they have the jig for the different intake tube ready to go. It's a shame because I've heard only great things about Richards kits, but I'm 8 or 9 hours away and in another country. I would have to take the bike to him to get my tube made. I did speak with him and I'm going to get the Wossner rods and pistons from him. Very good guy to talk to. That seems rare in this turbo game for some reason. I'm 1 hour away from Velocity so I'll see how this one turns out. Anyhow, congrats on the new Busa, and keep us posted on the turbo build, and I'll do the same.

Thanks,

Johnny D.
2008 B King, RCC stage II Turbo, Wossner Rods And Pistons, SS Valves W/65lb. Springs, Studs And All The Other Goodies, AMS-1000

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 08:25:18 AM »
Cookie, yes it does feel good to have that weight off my back. :thumb: :D I took about a six figure bath. I can't help but think of it in terms of how many stage 2 busas that would have been :lol:. Since it will be awhile until I'm back in the turbo game I'll get to see what it's like to have a stocker with zero issues. My old turbo busa was in pieces when I bought it and had almost 50k miles. I added maybe 500 miles in the nearly three years I owned it. I eventually got it working perfectly with the help of Bert Viers, Goldenchild, Adrian, and the entire turbo board here. This time, when I start the turbo'n process I won't have to spend any of my time or $ on non turbo issues.
 JohnnyBKing, your bike will be bad-ass for sure. I don't think I've seen a stage 2 B-king yet. I can't wait to see it when it's done!
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!