Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: World off Speed results  (Read 12151 times)

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
World off Speed results
« on: September 12, 2009, 05:34:59 PM »
I will get this started now. We hit the road for Bonneville tomorrow 6am. Start racing Wednesday. I will try to post what I know in the evening. Hopefully others will get updates.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
Re: World off Speed results
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 05:40:06 PM »
Fred are looking do better than your last time a few weeks ago

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 07:51:35 PM »
I hope so. Lots of changes to the bike, biggest is Ti Force Sumo and a fresh JC tune. :D I will be running 1350 APS-G.

Fred
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 08:18:49 PM »
I hope so. Lots of changes to the bike, biggest is Ti Force Sumo and a fresh JC tune. :D I will be running 1350 APS-G.

Fred

We ran a Katana in the P/P 1350 class at Speed Week in 1988 and managed to get the record.  The motor was built all out, almost to Pro Stock specifications.  But the bike was severely restricted with its stock exhaust and 34 mm CV carbs.  We installed a VHR 4 into 1 and put a set of Mikuni Flatslide carburetors (either 38 or 40 mm, can’t remember) after the record runs were done just to see how restricted we were.  We picked up 12 MPH on the first pass without any tuning.  I’m aware of that you have done extensive testing with your “stock” exhaust system but would expect you to pick up some speed with the Sumo if the conditions are good.  Best of luck.

Patric

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 02:28:06 PM »

Fred

We ran a Katana in the P/P 1350 class at Speed Week in 1988 and managed to get the record.  The motor was built all out, almost to Pro Stock specifications.  But the bike was severely restricted with its stock exhaust and 34 mm CV carbs.  We installed a VHR 4 into 1 and put a set of Mikuni Flatslide carburetors (either 38 or 40 mm, can’t remember) after the record runs were done just to see how restricted we were.  We picked up 12 MPH on the first pass without any tuning.  I’m aware of that you have done extensive testing with your “stock” exhaust system but would expect you to pick up some speed with the Sumo if the conditions are good.  Best of luck.

Patric

The Gen 1 Busa stock exhaust is what gave me fits.  With my build, the wHP will climb to redline (10,800), but the wTQ  just flattens off above 10,200 .. I removed the stock exhaust and tested a Brock Street that wasn’t in the best condition and picked almost 5 ft lbs above 10,000 .. right where you need it.

However, on the bright side of things, I do believe my ‘Busa has another 4 mph in her with the correct gearing and little more seat time with the rings.
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 07:05:22 PM »
Rain, rain, please go away!!
Seek to understand, then to be understood.

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 09:26:39 AM »
I will get this started now. We hit the road for Bonneville tomorrow 6am. Start racing Wednesday. I will try to post what I know in the evening. Hopefully others will get updates.

Fred

Fred, you be safe.  The salt can be awfully tricky with that much moisture under it.
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 12:05:11 PM »
How about an update on your results Mr. Vance??

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »
Posted by Larry forstall on lr.com

Picture is Fred Vance qualifying on the APS-G 1350 record (210.132) with a 213+ run. Life begins at 65 and Fred is making this LSR stuff look way too easy. WTG Fred

Offline entropy

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 01:21:04 PM »
Just got a call from Ryan (Osti33) at World of Speed.

After arriving on Mon night at Bonneville from Chicago to water, water, everywhere, the sun came out and things have dramatically improved for Osti.

On his 1st pass he hit 217.98? on a 214.??? record !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1649?cc NA Busa

He is in impound right this minute, and will run the course the other way as soon as the sun comes up tomorrow.

WAY TO FUKKEN GO, RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Often wrong, but never unsure!!!!!

Offline Landspeed Larry

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 01:58:19 PM »
The "Boys" are doing us proud. Go get it tomorrow Fred & Ryan.  :thumb:  LSL
All motor all the time and a turbo now and then.

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 02:10:50 PM »
Frickin' fantastic Ryan, 217 on nuts, on the salt, WTFG man.  :thumb:

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 02:29:17 PM »
What class is Osti running in?

Offline Landspeed Larry

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »
Osti is in MPS-F 1650 but he is running non-event gas.  LSL

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »
Just got back from the salt, Mark Deluca qualified at 226+ was headed for impound Im pretty sure. Way to go Ryan. Both Amo bros are in impound. Nancy W. qualified their 1650 production ZX14 at 204+, John Stege(sp) 1350 side car streamliner /busa ran a 215 or so, not sure, record.

Fred
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 08:24:03 PM »
Joe Amo qualified with a 249 pass on his 1000!  Alfricking rigght  :thumb:

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 10:23:53 PM »
Great to see he finally has the handling working for him , realy starting to reap the rewards of all his efforts  :thumb:
Official Site Donor

Offline Landspeed Larry

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 10:48:08 AM »
Mark DeLuca ran 245.393 MPH  :shock: on his return run this morning. GPS showed 248 hitting the limiter midway throught the mile. And we thought the 237 at Loring was amazing. Bonneville is at 4200' altitude. The bike used non-oxygenated VP race gas, the cylinder head was a Carpenter stock valve CNC port job, the exhaust was a Murray big tube sidewinder. Team Forstall-Knecum-DeLuca, the N/A kings.  8)

Offline Warp12

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 10:49:51 AM »
Mark DeLuca ran 245.393 MPH  :shock: on his return run this morning. GPS showed 248 hitting the limiter midway throught the mile. And we thought the 237 at Loring was amazing. Bonneville is at 4200' altitude. The bike used non-oxygenated VP race gas, the cylinder head was a Carpenter stock valve CNC port job, the exhaust was a Murray big tube sidewinder. Team Forstall-Knecum-DeLuca, the N/A kings.  8)

Wow Larry! Awesome!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:53:25 AM by Warp12 »

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 11:03:20 AM »
What an amazing performance, congrats to Larry, Mark & Steve  :thumb:         (stock valve size!!??  wow)

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 12:01:12 PM »
Posted by Jon Amo on LR.com;

Joe Amo's down run was 248.4 mph and returned at 254.96 mph for a 251.718 record on a 1000cc APS-BF

:shock:  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 03:47:07 PM »
Mark DeLuca ran 245.393 MPH  :shock: on his return run this morning. GPS showed 248 hitting the limiter midway throught the mile. And we thought the 237 at Loring was amazing. Bonneville is at 4200' altitude. The bike used non-oxygenated VP race gas, the cylinder head was a Carpenter stock valve CNC port job, the exhaust was a Murray big tube sidewinder. Team Forstall-Knecum-DeLuca, the N/A kings.  8)

Congratulations guys. That is just an unbelievable speed out of a N/A motor, especially at that DA.  I bet you got that cylinder head gasket sealed up though…  :D

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 03:49:01 PM »
Posted by Jon Amo on LR.com;

Joe Amo's down run was 248.4 mph and returned at 254.96 mph for a 251.718 record on a 1000cc APS-BF

:shock:  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Another amazing speed out of a 1000 cc bike.  Congrats to you as well.   :thumb:

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009, 03:52:54 PM »
Way to go guys! Fred, I relly enjoy seeing you older guys out living life!

Offline Kiwi

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
Big congrats for Mark DeLuca & team getting 245mph allmotor.
That is incredible.
Are there any pics of the bike?

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2009, 10:40:51 PM »
Hey guys,I' m stll on the road, having fun. Saturday I changed classes to fuel, same gas no seal :|. Ran a 219+ qualifier, return run 210, record is 213.9. The reason for the 210, I lost my place and never shifted into 6th, what a dummy, 2 miles banging the rev limiter you would think I would have cought on. I really wanted a 220, next year I guess. Anyway final results both 1350 APS gas and fuel records,top speed 219.09, not bad for an old fart. :hys: 

Fred
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2009, 10:58:41 PM »
Hey guys,I' m stll on the road, having fun. Saturday I changed classes to fuel, same gas no seal :|. Ran a 219+ qualifier, return run 210, record is 213.9. The reason for the 210, I lost my place and never shifted into 6th, what a dummy, 2 miles banging the rev limiter you would think I would have cought on. I really wanted a 220, next year I guess. Anyway final results both 1350 APS gas and fuel records,top speed 219.09, not bad for an old fart. :hys: 

Fred

Good job Fred! There is always something small and stupid that can always hurt a good pass. I know I have done things like that, it always seems like there is so much going on during a run you are bound to forget something.

Scott

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 07:29:24 AM »
Learnt that one last year .. mantra at the start line is now  ...reverse pattern ,7 gears..
Official Site Donor

Offline osti33

• Post Master
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 12:41:18 PM »
Congrats Fred on the records!! You deserve it buddy. Good seeing you again.
Ryan
2 Club member x 5
Bonneville, Loring, ECTA, Texas, Mojave

Offline osti33

• Post Master
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 12:49:38 PM »

This is truely amazing!! I got to see the run from the absolute best seat in the house. I was sitting on the return road waiting for my support vehicle. Mark was two spots behind me in line. I knew he would be coming soon. I heard him before I saw him. Let me tell you, watching this bike come down the track at 245+ mph on full song and set on KILL is AMAZING!! I can't even explain it.

Way to go Team Forstall, Knecum, and DeLuca!!! You guys have raised the bar again. Next stop...250mph! Steve and Mark it was great seeing you guys again and hanging out.  :thumb:
Ryan
2 Club member x 5
Bonneville, Loring, ECTA, Texas, Mojave

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 12:56:50 PM »
Mark DeLuca ran 245.393 MPH  :shock: on his return run this morning. GPS showed 248 hitting the limiter midway throught the mile. And we thought the 237 at Loring was amazing. Bonneville is at 4200' altitude. The bike used non-oxygenated VP race gas, the cylinder head was a Carpenter stock valve CNC port job, the exhaust was a Murray big tube sidewinder. Team Forstall-Knecum-DeLuca, the N/A kings.  8)

Congratulations guys. That is just an unbelievable speed out of a N/A motor, especially at that DA.  I bet you got that cylinder head gasket sealed up though…  :D
 Thanks everyone, and congrats to Fred

thats a different bike and a different motor.. here is the bike.. this bike has 250 in it, he was in and out of the gas 3 times during the 245 run, and hit the limiter..The bike runs a Murray exhaust also, this is a old pic when he went 228

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 12:59:43 PM »

This is truely amazing!! I got to see the run from the absolute best seat in the house. I was sitting on the return road waiting for my support vehicle. Mark was two spots behind me in line. I knew he would be coming soon. I heard him before I saw him. Let me tell you, watching this bike come down the track at 245+ mph on full song and set on KILL is AMAZING!! I can't even explain it.

Way to go Team Forstall, Knecum, and DeLuca!!! You guys have raised the bar again. Next stop...250mph! Steve and Mark it was great seeing you guys again and hanging out.  :thumb:
Ryan
  Thanks Ryan same here!!!   good luck next year on your goals..

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 02:57:56 PM »
Steve:

Did you bring the N/A Loring bike?  Is the Bonneville bike's motor similar?  Awesome job.  Looking forward to see you guys run 250 next year.  Safe travels back to Jersey.

Patric

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 03:28:41 PM »
Steve:

Did you bring the N/A Loring bike?  Is the Bonneville bike's motor similar?  Awesome job.  Looking forward to see you guys run 250 next year.  Safe travels back to Jersey.

Patric
  no did not bring the red bike just the guppy and the motor is sorta the same, thanks everybodys already back...!!!

Offline Portchop

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 07:20:17 PM »
Congrats Fred on your Records and it was great to finally meet. Congrats to Joe Amo on them big numbers , and Ryon you'll get it next year.. Mark D.
Forstall/Knecum/DeLuca Motorsports Inc.

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 09:46:59 PM »
Thanks Mark, you and the Guppie were awesome. It was great for the two Forstall teams to meet. :thumb:

Fred
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:48:50 PM by fvance »
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph