Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Just lowered my bike, just a quick question  (Read 19148 times)

Offline Betterpix

• New User!
Just lowered my bike, just a quick question
« on: September 16, 2009, 10:59:24 PM »
Just put the 3 hole lowering links on my Busa. I've got everything tightened down but there is a very small amount of movement from side to side. I've never played around in this area before. Is there something wrong here or is there suppose to be a little movement from side to side.   Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:39:06 AM by Betterpix »

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
  • [URL=http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii243/mike
Re: Just lowered my bike, just a quick question
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 08:17:50 PM »
uuuum what has play ? the liks themselves if so.... im sure not,just lowered my bike bout a week ago with thwe pingel 3 posistion and no play at all, I checked it after i read your thread but its stiff,,NOW....... you might wana check the inner bushings/spacer make sure they are in and or that you didnt leave em out,comes to my head that would be the only thing that would make play,since it wouldnt be there to space the links  out
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you

Offline Betterpix

• New User!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 05:01:59 PM »
When you did yours, is the inner bushing sticking outside of the mounting area just a little bit or was the bushing totally flush with the opening. After I tightened everything down, I noticed a small gap between the link and the shock itself.  I can basically fit my fingernail in the gap.  It won't go any tighter.  I had the back tire up on a stand and I had a jack under the shock to take off the weight.  This is when I was able to move the the links from side to side. With the jack removed and the weight on the bike, then it doesn't move.  I loosened everything off and tried it again with the ssame results.  Its a little too low for me right now with just doing the back so until I get the front done as well then I think I'll run it back at the stock height.  I'll figure it out eventually. 

Offline tattooedfreakrider

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 06:41:44 PM »
When you did yours, is the inner bushing sticking outside of the mounting area just a little bit or was the bushing totally flush with the opening. After I tightened everything down, I noticed a small gap between the link and the shock itself.  I can basically fit my fingernail in the gap.  It won't go any tighter.  I had the back tire up on a stand and I had a jack under the shock to take off the weight.  This is when I was able to move the the links from side to side. With the jack removed and the weight on the bike, then it doesn't move.  I loosened everything off and tried it again with the ssame results.  Its a little too low for me right now with just doing the back so until I get the front done as well then I think I'll run it back at the stock height.  I'll figure it out eventually.  
you want that slight side to side movement on the links or the links will bind up on the arm and break
so you are fine

Offline Betterpix

• New User!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »
I figured that but, I really wanted to find out from someone that knew what the heck they are talking about.  Thanks man. That puts my mind at ease.

Offline Rice Ya

• Legacy Rider
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 11:29:48 PM »
Yep they move side to side.
Untill you give it everything you've got, you won't know if you got what it takes. Dave Schultz

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 02:21:01 PM »
u figured that huh,sometimes people want help but they only listen 2 what they wana hear,i guess i dont know what the heck im talking about, if you figured that and are all that damn smart, why the hell ask in the first place,then to look like a lost puppy asking dum questions> its not me who is gonna bottom out  going through the fender rubbin to haulting stop on your subframe on the freeway,followed by a crushing dead hit of the semi behing you.........................................but hey im just a dummas,leave it like that as a matter of fact i think its good.....i think front sprokets are supposed to have play too.imma check mine....... limits are .8min to 1.2 max  all life aircraft mechanic,says vibration & chafing its good any part of your bike!!!!! use a quarter as a washer!!! id like @ see how that link shakes whenever you dump the clutch or brake....mmmmm sexy :thumb:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:45:33 PM by hayapra »
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 03:59:57 PM »
u figured that huh,sometimes people want help but they only listen 2 what they wana hear,i guess i dont know what the heck im talking about, if you figured that and are all that damn smart, why the hell ask in the first place,then to look like a lost puppy asking dum questions> its not me who is gonna bottom out  going through the fender rubbin to haulting stop on your subframe on the freeway,followed by a crushing dead hit of the semi behing you.........................................but hey im just a dummas,leave it like that as a matter of fact i think its good.....i think front sprokets are supposed to have play too.imma check mine....... limits are .8min to 1.2 max  all life aircraft mechanic,says vibration & chafing its good any part of your bike!!!!! use a quarter as a washer!!! id like @ see how that link shakes whenever you dump the clutch or brake....mmmmm sexy :thumb:
well arent you a prick
hate to tell you but the dog bones rotate so the spacer is designed to rotate in bearings
the bones tighten to the shaft and the shaft is longer then the swingarm mount
this is to allow the bones to rotate because they are part of a moving suspension
and just because you are an aircraft mech. means jack (even if all your life)
it still doesnt mean you know the suspension 100%

ive seen a few dogbone failures bacause they added washers to the dogbones because of that minor gap and the dogbone failed

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 04:12:14 PM »
the following post is to show you a failure from tightening up the dogbones against the arm

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=117277.0

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 09:50:36 PM »
take you time and read that post PRICK the least that shit talks about is links tightened against the arm,the problem was the geometry of his arm with the shock & spring eventually gave in CAN YOU READ,figure not,AND WATCH YOUR MOUTH ELVIS THE ONLY REASON YOURE TALKIN SHIT IS CUZ UR STATES AWAY, YOU WOULDENT IF YOU WERE IN MY FACE,i dont know shit about suspensions,i just overhaul boeings & md80s landing gears cuz the company aint got no manpower!!!!!!!,NOW  let me tell you this son, a mechanical concept is what it is,the bushing in the arm is a floating bushing ,you know what that means?IT FLOATS,,,,NO MATTER HOW TIGHT IT IS....SO that said ......NO PLAY ON THE LINKS, THEY WILL BE TIGHT AGAINST THE BUSHING!,WICH WILL FLOAT AND MOVE FREEEEELY WHITH SUSPENSION TRAVEL. im done here i got better shit to do than argue on the thread of the dude that bought a busa last week cuz theyre cool.

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 10:02:19 PM »
I've been working on busas for many years
he said side to side play but your ass thought links each but if you remove the weight on the rear you can move the links side  to but your asshole mouth didn't realize what he meant because your the arrogant asshole type that think he is the only one that is right
reread all posts you are the one who started the smartass hostility
and trust me I'll tell you to your face just ask those who know me on here
I am not one to care what you do but you need to understand what people mean when they ask a ?
And don't respond when your answer isn't the one that's right when u didn't think the bones were loose seperately
they can move side to side as a pair
I also will argue with anyone at anytime
here or face to face so u better realize that

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 10:28:17 PM »
1327 crimnson clover ln wesley chapel fl 33543 goole that shit get the directions & lets stop doin it like secretaries ,lets do the real thing BITCH!!! if you got some balls ill even give you the free ticket......oooh working on mopeds doesnt count as experience, youre just a scary bitch that has all the balls to talk shit behind a screen, im givin you the oportunity take it like a man or leave it like a bitch.....,

Offline Rice Ya

• Legacy Rider
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
Damn, PMS
Untill you give it everything you've got, you won't know if you got what it takes. Dave Schultz

Offline dakinebusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 08:20:36 AM »
Damn, another rude knowitall stops by the site.
The entertainment factor has been a bit low here for a while, where's my popcorn.

How is it that a guy that cannot write a coherent sentance thinks he can disrespect the fastest guys around?
Maybe he should post some time slips and pics of his shite before he is dismissed as a total internet idiot.

Offline HOBO

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 09:02:20 AM »

Yeah look wat you've done betterpix !!  :lol:
Transient sex is best .... she's just happy to have a bed for the nite !!

Offline duncan

• Post Master
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 10:15:48 AM »
1327 crimnson clover ln wesley chapel fl 33543 goole that shit get the directions & lets stop doin it like secretaries ,lets do the real thing BITCH!!! if you got some balls ill even give you the free ticket......oooh working on mopeds doesnt count as experience, youre just a scary bitch that has all the balls to talk shit behind a screen, im givin you the oportunity take it like a man or leave it like a bitch.....,
Little word of advice hayaprick, your way in over your head with this cat. He's one of the most respected authorities on the busa on this site.

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »
ooookaaayyyy soo should i give a shit bout that, the site its a srceen with a keyboard man ,everybody can be bad here,i dont kiss nobodys ass....specially if theyre fast,kinda bullshit is that  so many ass kissers,,respected??? respected not from me...i gave him my address so he can show me to respect him or or him to respect me. i dont kiss 2nd hand ass..BEHIND A COMPUTER EVERYONE IS A BADDAS SHOW ME WHAT U GOT!!!!!!

Offline Rice Ya

• Legacy Rider
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 12:23:12 AM »
ooookaaayyyy soo should i give a shit bout that, the site its a srceen with a keyboard man ,everybody can be bad here,i dont kiss nobodys ass....specially if theyre fast,kinda bullshit is that  so many ass kissers,,respected??? respected not from me...i gave him my address so he can show me to respect him or or him to respect me. i dont kiss 2nd hand ass..BEHIND A COMPUTER EVERYONE IS A BADDAS SHOW ME WHAT U GOT!!!!!!
I don't see where anyone was threating you or trying to be... as you put it a bad ass. Someone asked of some help and members here that have experiance with the question offered advice. That's what this board is for. You seem to be the one that is a little touchy when someone else offered a different opinion than yours. You yourself have come on this board asking for advise about chains, brake pads, throttles, ect. I guess Boeing dosen't teach you about these mopeds but they are a little different than what you might be used to. If you want to keep getting your questions answered you might want to try to tone it down a tad. Respect as you put it is earned not given and being a newbie here you might get more flys with honey than vinegar.
I didn't see where tattooedfreakrider came on here calling you out or saying the things to you that you said to him. Ya anyone can be a PC Rambo just read your 44 posts.

Lighten up dude.

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 11:54:39 AM »
If that free plane ticket invitation is still open, I'd take it.  I need a vacation to Florida.  PM me so I can get my free plane ticket.    :hys:

Offline duncan

• Post Master
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 05:41:34 PM »
I don't see where anyone was threating you or trying to be... as you put it a bad ass. Someone asked of some help and members here that have experiance with the question offered advice. That's what this board is for. You seem to be the one that is a little touchy when someone else offered a different opinion than yours. You yourself have come on this board asking for advise about chains, brake pads, throttles, ect. I guess Boeing dosen't teach you about these mopeds but they are a little different than what you might be used to. If you want to keep getting your questions answered you might want to try to tone it down a tad. Respect as you put it is earned not given and being a newbie here you might get more flys with honey than vinegar.
I didn't see where tattooedfreakrider came on here calling you out or saying the things to you that you said to him. Ya anyone can be a PC Rambo just read your 44 posts.

Lighten up dude.
Well said!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »
Sorry it took so long to reply but i was too busy to be on the conputer gettin respect, :hys:...i get my respect doing shit not typing like a secretary... well well well theyre not gonna answer my questions what should i do? sit in the corner & cry? ,youre such a good boy scout......listen buddy this doent work like your union I69, were you go criying to your chief steward everytime you gotta grieve something giving him respect & sucking his balls., the whole seniority thing doesnt work outside of work bud...ive tried it..talking bout a newbie and shit 44 post SO WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN ,DOESNT MEAN IM ANY LESS OF A MAN THAN YOU ARE ,dont be frustated cuz UR proly gettin the newbie tratment at work!!!!!! go grieve it with the forum if you dont like it dickhead!!!!! kiss my ass & buttsack you vaginal douche....my grandma could probably beat you on her kawy 250 on the 1/4 and shes missing her left arm (shes got the dynojet quickshifter)hands down....and your 5185 post just show how much selft emptyness you got in your life & it reflects how much pussy youre missing out on!!!!!!!! :hys:  ohhhh gotta go, gonna get some pussy...i guess thats another post i wont write ( oohhhh by the way battman it wont be fully free but it will be 35 bucks for a buddy pass :wink:)

Offline duncan

• Post Master
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »
Sorry it took so long to reply but i was too busy to be on the conputer gettin respect, :hys:...i get my respect doing shit not typing like a secretary... well well well theyre not gonna answer my questions what should i do? sit in the corner & cry? ,youre such a good boy scout......listen buddy this doent work like your union I69, were you go criying to your chief steward everytime you gotta grieve something giving him respect & sucking his balls., the whole seniority thing doesnt work outside of work bud...ive tried it..talking bout a newbie and shit 44 post SO WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN ,DOESNT MEAN IM ANY LESS OF A MAN THAN YOU ARE ,dont be frustated cuz UR proly gettin the newbie tratment at work!!!!!! go grieve it with the forum if you dont like it dickhead!!!!! kiss my ass & buttsack you vaginal douche....my grandma could probably beat you on her kawy 250 on the 1/4 and shes missing her left arm (shes got the dynojet quickshifter)hands down....and your 5185 post just show how much selft emptyness you got in your life & it reflects how much pussy youre missing out on!!!!!!!! :hys:  ohhhh gotta go, gonna get some pussy...i guess thats another post i wont write ( oohhhh by the way battman it wont be fully free but it will be 35 bucks for a buddy pass :wink:)
Most people that talk about pussy like you do are usually trying to cover up the fact that they are GAY...LOL.

Offline Rice Ya

• Legacy Rider
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 07:58:31 PM »
Your a funny fucker... you think.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:02:42 PM by Rice Ya »

Offline bobu

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 08:13:49 PM »
Can we vote folks off of here?  I can think of 1 that I honestly feel that we were better off without.

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 08:58:10 PM »

Fuck, it's snowing in wesley chapel florida already
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen