Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: First impresions of my 08  (Read 5641 times)

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
First impresions of my 08
« on: September 14, 2009, 10:46:53 AM »
 If there was a 'boner' icon I'd use it, but there isn't, so I'll just put this hear instead                      :bah:

:D
                                                                                                                      [   ]  
                                                                                                                      [   ]
                                                                                                                      [   ]
                                                                                                                      [   ]
                                                                                                                    (    ]   )

This bike feels so smooth it's like driving a couch! I swear it's as if I can steer it through just tilting my head the direction I want to go. It shift like butter and stops with one finger pull of the brake. It feels very flickable for a bike of it's weight. I love the gear indicator and shift light. The power is fairly impressive too. Even from down low it's pretty seamless and torquey. I haven't taken it above 5k rpm yet, but up to that point it feels better than my old 99 turbo. I'm pretty sure the top end won't be close, but the 99 was insane and too much for anything but posing (I'm a self admitted poser). So far the 08 has plenty of power, another 100 miles of break in and I'll get to go to 8k. I can't wait.  
 The only fault I've found so far is that after filling it up yesterday and driving it for 50 miles or so, gas gauge didn't budge off of full. Either the bike gets 100-200 miles per gallon or the gauge is off or sticky.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
Re: First impresions of my 08
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 11:55:25 AM »
 :thumb:

Offline 6002abusa

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 03:55:20 PM »
I ran the 1/4 mi. with 100 miles on the clock. Fuel light comes on around 140 btw

Offline HOBO

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 07:09:49 PM »

The gauge is slow to come away from full but once it does it drops pretty rapidly ! Its like it measures from 3/4's down.
Transient sex is best .... she's just happy to have a bed for the nite !!

Offline KYT

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 09:09:29 AM »

The gauge is slow to come away from full but once it does it drops pretty rapidly ! Its like it measures from 3/4's down.

+1  :x

Mine does this too
I bet it works fine, if you hold the bike straight up and only fill it with fuel up to the very bottom of the tube in the tank.
but you can get more fuel in there than that... IDK its goofy but whatever
2001 Honda Prelude Gallery
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa Gallery

Engine Break-In Secrets

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 12:09:21 PM »
 It came down just like you sais it would. Dropped to 3/4 tank fast. I love this bike. I've been out of the bike World for over a year so my bike legs were a bit wobbly, but I'm getting them back. I just picked up a set of yosh slip ons. I swear I can feel the weight difference. Funny thing, when I got home from my first pipes on test drive they were smoking after the bike was shut off. It smelled like some sort of plastic coating, stunk bad. I had to wait until it stopped venting to pull it back into the garage. I must be getting older because I decided to put the optional baffles in to quiet it down.
Now if I could find a passenger seat in great shape I could test the bike on a two up ride. I'm sure it will do fine, lots of torque and rock solid.
 I took it to 8k rpm yesterday, it comes alive pretty quick. Feels almost like a turbo, but no overheating or melting parts (this was only because I started with a cheap ass kit and the bike and kit had 50k on them). I'm beeting this bike running 10 lbs with springs, valves, a spacer and one of rcc's kits would be a beast!
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 12:11:48 PM »
Sorry about the sloppy writing and spelling. I'm on my phone e+mail amd the keys are made for umpa lumpas.

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 06:26:46 AM »
Wait till you dump that boat anchor exhaust and put a pipe on,you'll think your on a different motorcycle,drops 40 lbs and picks up 12 to 15hp,then you'll really be smiling,lol.The bike really comes alive with a pipe on it,hopefully you go with a full exhaust,Enjoy your new ride and drive safely.

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 10:15:42 AM »
 I put the pipe on yesterday morning and went for a short blast. I did notice the lower weight right away. I was pretty blown away when I picked up the stock can, then the yosh can. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that carbon fiber is lighter than big thick metal, I just didn't expect there to be such a noticeable difference in weight. It sounds like a beast now too. I came home and put in the extra baffles to quite it down. On my ride I was putting around my neighborhood and set off a car alarm  :vl: :D. I'll probably end up removing the baffles eventually.
 I didn't get the full system. The slip ons showed up on Craigslist for 400.00 and were unused, so I couldn't pass them up. I'll likely end up pulling the cats out (thank you to the guy that told me about his cat removal). From this point on I'm going to try to focus on the cheap things. I've been searching for a post I think I saw last year about mods to gen 2's, which is pretty pathetic, because at that time I had no bike and not enough money to buy a pocket bike  :lol:.I think I saw someting about an air box mod and some sort of vavle? I'll keep looking. Have I said there bikes are awesome  :D

Offline HOBO

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 04:29:40 AM »
 I went the 4 into 1 yosh ..... WOW !

Couldn't believe the extra grunt, totally different bike to ride, it wheelies under power at

90 mph in 3rd !  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 04:31:42 AM by HOBO »
Transient sex is best .... she's just happy to have a bed for the nite !!