Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Suggestions on rebuilding my 1397  (Read 13220 times)

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
Re: Suggestions on rebuilding my 1397
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 06:58:44 PM »
I dont do drag racing,just lsr, Bob did my head and cams, The 210 hp deal. The motor is awesome, made 211 with legal production factory mufflers, made 220 with ti force header. Its a 1340 with Suz. crank rods and pistons.

Fred

Hmm , what else is done to that 1340 ? Most 1397's with big valved heads don't even come close to that hp . My builder was gonna build me a big valve head 1441 , and he said it would make about 218hp. I know Bob is a bad man, but i just would like to know how so much with so less ?
Now , Knecum powered . Fire in tha hole !

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
First of all why do you want a big valve head? The Forstall, Knecum, Deluca, run BIGmotors and I am pretty sure they all run stock size valves. Steve used to work for Bob C.
As for my motor every thying was thought out and lots of attention to detail, tight squish, precision balance, clearances all the same.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »
First of all why do you want a big valve head? The Forstall, Knecum, Deluca, run BIGmotors and I am pretty sure they all run stock size valves. Steve used to work for Bob C.
As for my motor every thying was thought out and lots of attention to detail, tight squish, precision balance, clearances all the same.

Fred

I don't know about the big valve head thing, thats just what my builder  wanted to do . I don't know a thing about building motors, thats why i had so many questions about yours . I know i cain't afford anything like that anyway.
I'm gonna use Bob cause i trust him and his work rep  speaks for itself on  tracks across the country .  :thumb:

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 08:05:36 PM »
Fred can use a tight squish and high compression because the gas is really good at Bonneville.  ERC provides four different blends that can be used in the production class.  Most guys that drag race use pump gas, hence the lower outputs.  Bob’s heads are obviously great and you can’t go wrong with him.  Another option could be Jim at Competition CNC if you want machined ports.  He is a sponsor here and his heads have gone very fast in both LSR and drag race venues.  I have not compared prices but would not be surprised if Jim is substantially less expensive that Bob.  So many choices…

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 08:17:31 PM »
Fred can use a tight squish and high compression because the gas is really good at Bonneville.  ERC provides four different blends that can be used in the production class.  Most guys that drag race use pump gas, hence the lower outputs.  Bob’s heads are obviously great and you can’t go wrong with him.  Another option could be Jim at Competition CNC if you want machined ports.  He is a sponsor here and his heads have gone very fast in both LSR and drag race venues.  I have not compared prices but would not be surprised if Jim is substantially less expensive that Bob.  So many choices…

Yes, I'm gonna call them and see what they have to offer. Me being on a very tight  budget , Bob might be out of reach for me. Yes, so many choices out there !  8)

I still gotta get all tha special tools , and a few more parts .  :?

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 08:21:51 PM »

Yes, I'm gonna call them and see what they have to offer. Me being on a very tight  budget , Bob might be out of reach for me. Yes, so many choices out there !  8)

Best of luck to you.  It is nice to have the knowledge base of SH.org available at your fingertips, should you have any questions.

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2009, 08:29:31 PM »
SAE Outlaw Performance, which is another sponsor here, is also well-known for building some very strong motors.  I believe he hand ports his heads.  Some builders prefer that over CNC.  Different opinions for different folks.

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2009, 10:07:49 PM »

Best of luck to you.  It is nice to have the knowledge base of SH.org available at your fingertips, should you have any questions.

Yes, the things i worry about are the things unknown that we'll run up on . I hope when this happens , the  .Org will be here for me .  :wink:

Offline tyboogie

• Rider
  • Where am I? Don't worry bout it
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2009, 08:07:21 AM »
you might as well make it a 1441 going to cost the same  :thumb:

How does making it a 1441 cost the same as freshening a motor? Need to buy another crank and a spacer to make it a 1441.
by the time he sells his stock crank it will be maybe an extra 350 give or take

c-henry nows what i was talking about some people need to stay out of other peoples business unless you no what is going on  
If someone posts something on a public forum then please be prepared for whatever opinions that will be offered. The man is asking for help before he starts his build and there was not one negative comment posted.  If you two had a personal conversation that is fine but do not bash someone for trying to help out .
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:02:29 AM by tyboogie »

Offline redrednose

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 10:17:02 PM »
BRYAN SNYDER ......NUFF SAID

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 02:17:29 AM »
Who is he ?

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2009, 11:09:14 PM »
Wow, i just scored a deal on a 08 crank ! Looks like we'll be doin a 1441 now !  :lol:

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 07:29:17 PM »
Deal fell through on tha crank . Dam !

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2009, 08:31:46 PM »
I just had mine done by Bob 1397 13to1 porting and head package cams 425/425 bike made 213hp on first pull pump gas and a Muzzy pipe the bike should make about 220hp after everything breaks in Then if you add all the other things in Race Gas, Air Box Lid, All Short Stacks and a well tuned map close to 230hp But that also depends on who's Dyno. Bob does a great job and it will cost ya about the same as all good motor builders charge. I use this bike on the street and it pulls like a mule and have yet to see what it will do at the track

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2009, 08:34:43 PM »
Henry if ya want to talk more about my build PM me
mark

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 06:49:41 PM »
Henry if ya want to talk more about my build PM me
mark

Thanks Mark ! But, I just cain't afford Bob . Congrates on tha build though ! Man, I'll bet that thing runs !  :lol:

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2009, 08:06:01 PM »
Yes runs great! I have not had it to the track yet as It's cold now in NY  What's $5000 LOL It's only money