Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: time for New Clutch any suggestions???  (Read 13968 times)

Offline $FLIP$

• Rider
time for New Clutch any suggestions???
« on: October 03, 2009, 10:11:39 AM »
So its time for a new clutch its kinda really over due but cold weather is coming on So im bout to tear it down and do some much needed maintenance. Anyway thinkin of goin with the Barnett clutch kit? Yes or No??? I mainely just ride the street but I do ride little hard & do street race. I have small shot of nitrous for when I do go to the track so was wondering if the Barnett would be Good or any other suggestions clutch wise or upgrades while Im n there?? Also time for new Plugs again been kinda cutting out lately any suggestions on Best set of Plugs to run?? THanks!!!!!

Offline 954bob

• Post Whore
Re: time for New Clutch any suggestions???
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 10:20:54 AM »
stock

good paint jobs aren't cheap. and cheap paint jobs aren't good.

Offline __NATE__

• Post Master
  • Corpus Christi Tx
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:25:15 AM »
stock with heavy springs and ngk iridium
07 BLACK BUSA..
Don't lend out your wife or your bike, someone will throw a rod in either one of them...

Offline Rice Ya

• Legacy Rider
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 11:18:26 AM »
Stay away from those junk ass barnetts. Stick to OEM clutch pack one of the site sponcers can help you out with a cheeper price than the dealer. On plugs, I run a 75 shot weton my 1397 (street no track) and use the stock plugs, just changed mine after 11k mile and they were a little worn but still ok. I saw tests with the iridiums and there was no gain and 3 times the price of stock. But that comes down to personal preferance just like what kind of oil to use.
Untill you give it everything you've got, you won't know if you got what it takes. Dave Schultz

Offline Coryonbusa

• Mad Post Whore

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »
I tried the Barnett once and will never buy anything other then oem again.

stock is the way to go :thumb:

Offline $FLIP$

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 10:48:36 PM »
Thanks  for All  the info guys... :thumb: Looks like Oem I will go wat bout heavier clutch springs can you get those with Oem kit or you have to order those seperate?? I def. keep all that in mind Rice.. :thumb: mine hasnt been changed I just hit 8k miles but its been cutting out Bad lately at a steady cruising RPM I figured bout time for new plugs. I see wat they look like when I pull them???? Buddy of mine said also could be fuel pump tryn to go out??

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 06:11:36 AM »
I heard that you can't get much better than stock...the aftermarket ones wear and fail much faster.

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 07:13:22 AM »
If you are going with H/D Clutch Springs add the slave support also.  But stock with the clutch all the way.  :thumb:
1981 Camaro Z28
1994 Harley-Davidson Sportster
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette
Replacment: 2011 Hayabusa
Stolen: 2004 Hayabusa LE Turbo

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 08:04:44 AM »
Still have the original stock plates in mine as it came with '03(now with 19,000 miles including over 3,000 with the turbo),i don't know who's gonna wear out first...me or them. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 09:43:02 AM »
Depends on your riding style.  :hys:
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 09:58:02 AM »

:lol:

Rode to San Diego and back yesterday to the Miramar air show(about 200 miles round trip),time i got back goddamned ass was asleep/neck felt broke/and right forearm was about seized up...not to forget tank was on empty when they routed us off the base via a damned old dirt road through a palm tree nursery and made it to a gas station on fumes...maybe i'm just gettin' old(though i did manage to wind it up a few times without gettin' pulled over,usually it'll pass everything but a cop or a gas station :lol:). :bah:

...is that goddamn Brian K( :moped:) still alive over your way(i'm beginnin' to think he don't love me no more!)?
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline $FLIP$

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 10:13:36 AM »
WOW!!! Pirate 19,000 on factory plates with 3 on turbo!!! Thats pretty Damn good cause mine is an 03' and just hit 8k and my clutch is bout gone. I have to pull it all the way in and its gettin hard to down shift & find neutral  :evil:  I think it does have a lot to do with how you ride Frank cause Im always burning my back tire off mine. I will be cruising 2-3 gear pop the clutch and leave bout 500 ft black mark or take off in 1st and lay in to it and just eat the back tire up  :lol: I guess we will see wat they look like when i tear it down  :thumb:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »
WOW!!! Pirate 19,000 on factory plates with 3 on turbo!!! Thats pretty Damn good cause mine is an 03' and just hit 8k and my clutch is bout gone. I have to pull it all the way in and its gettin hard to down shift & find neutral  :evil:  I think it does have a lot to do with how you ride Frank cause Im always burning my back tire off mine. I will be cruising 2-3 gear pop the clutch and leave bout 500 ft black mark or take off in 1st and lay in to it and just eat the back tire up  :lol: I guess we will see wat they look like when i tear it down  :thumb:

Yeah, i guess i kinda baby mine(only one burnout in 6 years,and blk02ws6 did that one :lol:),have probably done a 1,000 roll ons/power shifts,etc. and they're still holdin'(thought it finally started slippin' a couple months back and called SPEED KING/2 dealerships lookin' for some new plates...Chris(blk02ws6)pulled 'em all out/miked 'em(they were all fine :lol:)/told me it was just my feeble old mind what was "slippin' " and put in a few APE heavy springs just to shut me up/get me the hell out of his hair. :lol:

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 02:42:25 PM »

Rode to San Diego and back yesterday to the Miramar air show(about 200 miles round trip),time i got back goddamned ass was asleep/neck felt broke/and right forearm was about seized up...not to forget tank was on empty when they routed us off the base via a damned old dirt road through a palm tree nursery and made it to a gas station on fumes...maybe i'm just gettin' old(though i did manage to wind it up a few times without gettin' pulled over,usually it'll pass everything but a cop or a gas station :lol:). :bah:

...is that goddamn Brian K( :moped:) still alive over your way(i'm beginnin' to think he don't love me no more!)?

Yes, he is still around.  :lol:
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 04:45:31 PM »

Yes, he is still around.  :lol:

...tell that bum i said hey. :thumb:

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »
Will do.  :thumb:
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline StreetnTrack

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 05:14:58 AM »
let me know if you need oem clutch pack.

Offline $FLIP$

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 10:53:12 PM »

I do!!! How much shipped to Murfreesboro,TN.  37129 ???????

Offline Rice Ya

• Legacy Rider
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 11:24:37 PM »
Chuck will hook ya up ( street & track )
Untill you give it everything you've got, you won't know if you got what it takes. Dave Schultz

Offline Bim28

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 12:15:53 PM »
Don't forget to change your pickup tube.

Offline StreetnTrack

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 05:10:52 AM »
what year busa?

I do!!! How much shipped to Murfreesboro,TN.  37129 ???????

Offline ICEMAN

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 05:24:37 PM »
hayes

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline $FLIP$

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 11:51:03 AM »
03' Busa

Offline BlueCat!

• Post Master
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »
I'm due a new clutch on my 2000 and 84,000 miles of 160 mile commuter trips, so it hasn't been ridden hard.
I guess I'll have to change the steel and fibre plates and springs, but what about the clutch basket?

I've read on the Net that these can wear out and I've been riding mine for about 15,000 miles with one of the spindle thingies broken clean off, after a learning experience fitting Smithbusa's gear position indicator.  :oops:
Sandy fan!

Up to my neck in shit...standing on your shoulders.