Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: TRE and nitrous  (Read 3993 times)

Offline TrackRat

• Post Whore
TRE and nitrous
« on: September 29, 2009, 05:40:33 PM »
Hey guys I have looked for two days for an answer to this question. I know I'm oing to get different points of view but here goes.

Is it a good idea to use a TRE with a Nitrous set. I have a low compression 1397 and want to know if I should take this off or not. Also will I have to retune the bike if I remove it. What are the Pro's and Cons. Sorry for the basic question but I'm curious.

Kev

Living the dream.......One round at a time!

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Re: TRE and nitrous
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 07:20:41 AM »
why in the world are you using a TRE?  You had an ecu flasher at one point just remove the governor with that and pull that piece o crap off.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 12:22:47 PM »
++ You would take it off after flashing the ecu for your gearing and nitrous map. That way your ram air compensation works correctly at higher speeds and ensure that you have correct AFR for your all motor operations and then what ever nitrous you want to run compensate for that on the ecu nitrous map.

-- As the bottle pressure gets lower youre likely to need less fuel at higher speeds so retaining TRE would let less fuel come to be delivered to the engine. With lower ET:s you dont need so much ram air compensation and this approach makes tuning simplier for shops which are less skilled and less advanced particularly with ecu tuning.

I always run without tre just to be sure to have right basemap fuel compensation as a starting point, but this opinion is biased.

Hope this helps in making the right decisions for speed and safety ...

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 06:16:51 PM »
what's a gi pro atre..???
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 07:17:11 PM »
There version of a smart tre
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline TrackRat

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 09:22:08 PM »
it's coming off. I was really wanting to know if It is going to change the map when I take it off?

KEV
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:55:50 PM by TrackRat »

Living the dream.......One round at a time!

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 09:43:54 PM »
so what is the big difference between a "smart" tre and a regular tre.....one knows when you are in neutural and the non "smart" one don't.....??? so the ram air compensation maps are still the same in the long run at the end of the day????
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline jblankenship

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 06:47:39 AM »
if you are using all 6 gears now and take the tre off you will get a early limiter in 6th gear. I have them on both my bikes with spray.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 09:13:48 PM »
so what is the big difference between a "smart" tre and a regular tre.....one knows when you are in neutural and the non "smart" one don't.....??? so the ram air compensation maps are still the same in the long run at the end of the day????

Smart (not my words LOL, they are retarded) TRE just disables 6.8K resistor when bike is in neutral, so it starts and idles normal.  The regular one doesn't do that just 6.8K at all times
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com