Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Dynoed the busa today  (Read 18522 times)

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
Re: Dynoed the busa today
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 06:46:41 PM »
Rob first I've heard about your bike from Ryan and I was never calling a liar just poking the ribs  :wink:

It was/is rare to see a bike making that much HP.  I had a 2000 busa that was very strong and Ryan tuned it ..further tuned by Dennis in Cleavland then Lee put more effort into it.  My 2000 busa stock bore/stock head with dual intake cams at 105/105, carbon airbox, balancer removed, stacks etc made 184hp...it was a fast bike.  I along with many are bummed to see your bike making what mine does with a pipe   :cry:

No worries my friend,  I had a 00 with a 1363 head ported  and cams the thing only made 173 hp =( that was the first busa motor I ever Built. So do you live down by Nate?

Offline Mpeavler

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 06:51:11 PM »
Yeah I'm down in Anderson.  I ride around with some decent nasty bikes....I'm sure you know Vic's monster that won the Daytona HP shoot out a few years back.  I know without spray it's over 500hp.  There are mostly Turbo guys around here...I'm one of the last with a N/A engine left.  I ride with Vic, Tom Finley and that bunch....but I still usually am up front a lot because I ride faster "not quicker" then those guys.  I like to run 190+ where they shoot a few gears and let out heh.  I think Nate sold that Green/White set up and  is now running a roughly 240hp built engine. 

M

Offline Mpeavler

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 06:58:34 PM »
My weak turd....This was before a retune from Ryan "My 6th gear restrictor was not removed somehow the first round up there".  He returned it and worked a little more on that lean spot down low...I ended up 184 and 107 with just a pipe, Block off plates on Pair garbage and some 20/50 oil in 96F weather.  The shop was hot..humid etc...and the bike was pretty heat soaked.  It may be down on power compared to others but, I've not had a comparable bike "mostly stock" out run it either.  It's decent ...likely will do the cam/thinner gasket, degree cams in and springs ...should make 200hp then.

M

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »
Ya i know Vic very well very good friend of mine. Bob is a great guy also. Nate just picked up some parts from me like 2 weeks ago I deal with him a lot. All a great bunch of guys down there for sure. Click down by the Tiger and you can see what the green white bike used to look like. Nate beat her up for sure LOL. If you ever need a wrench let me know I own Shamrock Racing :wink:

Offline Mpeavler

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 07:04:42 PM »
yeah..so you see the crowd I get to ride with....I'm well known in this area for "Tripple Digit Peav" lol...I love running the big end.  I seen it...it was sharp for sure...I never seen it when he first got it....

My 08 Busa pulled the same HP as my 09 ...to .3hp between the two with the same torque with the same pipe.  I know there are higher HP ones out there but I really like the Ti-force full Ti system.  Not to loud...and has a deep sound.  I'm sure I would have had more HP had I not had thick 20/50 oil in it at the time and ran 10/30 .   I'm curious to see where my cams are at now ...my 94 GSXR750 was off like 11 degrees...  Chris Wadell degreed them in and also my 2000 Busa's

M

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 08:28:49 AM »
He's also using STD correction which will give you a higher number than SAE..change over to SAE and you will loose 3-5 hp..

I can afford to lose that 3-5. LOL

These 2nd Gen bikes roll. So much better than any of the 1st Gens I owned.