Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: "Snubnose" my build over the last year....  (Read 46993 times)

Offline dragasixtyinchbusa

• Rider
Re: "Snubnose" my build over the last year....
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2009, 09:33:22 AM »
Trac 0-6, I made a bracket for the bottle to the side so I could turn it on at the line.  (actually fatnFAST was wearing the knees out of his pants turning it on/off before so I HAD to do something.  He threatened to quit hanging out with me :D)  I'm actually running a factory ecu coupled with an SB6 and piggyback system.  (the standard MicroTech that comes with the Velocity Race kit)  I've run the Autronics, and honestly I believe with the ability to tune the factory ecu, and features of the SB6 I've got all I need.  I'm not saying the standalone systems aren't better, I can just tell you from my experiences the hp I've made with both, and I'm more than pleased with the hp and curve produced witht the setup I have now.  (fatnFAST) Mike can confirm that.  :D  I can honestly say, he's been down with me from day one, and was actually the person who talked me into going turbo.  Once I did, I never looked back.  I have him to thank, and say its all his fault at the same time.  :hys:  Here is a pic of the bracket for the arm (Mike's pants knees saver I should call it  :lol:)
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2009, 09:34:09 AM »
another...
Keith Salles

Offline Nem

• Mad Post Whore
    • BallOutRacing.org
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2009, 09:37:49 AM »
Kick ass set up

Keith.....you still have the pics you posted on pb.com with all the plastics off during the build?

Very nice work  :thumb:

RCC Turbos
Bellman Oil Co.
VP Race Fuels
BoostbySmith
Cycle-Tek
Canadian Mike
Power Brokers Racing
Tiger Racing
Shamrock Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Win Racing
Rock Solid
Schnitz Racing

• Rider
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2009, 10:00:37 AM »
Thanks...I'll post some I just dug up. I've made alot of changes along the way...even the turbo kit itself. ( you can tell by the dump and gate pipe in the earlier pics)  I sold the one off the bike I was initially using and went back to my initial kit.  With this build there was ALOT of changes, and it continues to change because I can't seem to leave anything alone. lol But then again, if you don't try stuff, you'll never know what works for your setup and what doesn't.    Not all things do what in theory they should, and without trying them, I would have never known.  Thanks again for the comments, I really enjoyed building this in my garage.  As you can see, the subframe started out as a stock one, then shortened the bottom brace, and built everything around that.  I wanted something that allowed me to use stock mounting points for the tail section.  I had Catalyst custom mold me a tail, and built the subframe around it.  Thanks again. 
Kick ass set up

Keith.....you still have the pics you posted on pb.com with all the plastics off during the build?

Very nice work  :thumb:
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »
Keith Salles

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »
Are you using the nitrous to spool the turbo or as extra hp

• Rider
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2009, 10:01:42 AM »
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2009, 10:02:21 AM »
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2009, 10:03:41 AM »
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2009, 10:04:09 AM »
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2009, 10:04:51 AM »
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »
mocking up the body work...
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2009, 10:05:48 AM »
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2009, 10:06:13 AM »
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2009, 10:08:39 AM »
Again...alot of these pics were beta persay. lol  I changed and cleaned things up alot.  Most of them were taken during fitment.
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2009, 10:10:08 AM »
Actually I use it by regulating it down to apply pressure to the wastegate via the AMS and also regulated down for the air shifter.
Are you using the nitrous to spool the turbo or as extra hp
Keith Salles

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »
Trac 0-6, I made a bracket for the bottle to the side so I could turn it on at the line.  (actually fatnFAST was wearing the knees out of his pants turning it on/off before so I HAD to do something.  He threatened to quit hanging out with me :D)  I'm actually running a factory ecu coupled with an SB6 and piggyback system.  (the standard MicroTech that comes with the Velocity Race kit)  I've run the Autronics, and honestly I believe with the ability to tune the factory ecu, and features of the SB6 I've got all I need.  I'm not saying the standalone systems aren't better, I can just tell you from my experiences the hp I've made with both, and I'm more than pleased with the hp and curve produced witht the setup I have now.  (fatnFAST) Mike can confirm that.  :D  I can honestly say, he's been down with me from day one, and was actually the person who talked me into going turbo.  Once I did, I never looked back.  I have him to thank, and say its all his fault at the same time.  :hys:  Here is a pic of the bracket for the arm (Mike's pants knees saver I should call it  :lol:)
thanks buddy  :D. turning that bottle on was killing me, one time i couldnt get back up so one of the track workers just rolled me to the side  :lol:

• Rider
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2009, 10:21:10 AM »
But Mike...lets be honest, you said you were down with me til the end if I got you this pitbike.    Guys, you should see him get this thing on two wheels coming up the return road!!!
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2009, 10:28:27 AM »
I didn't have room for a radiator in the back of the bike, so I basically eliminated it and ran a catch can to the back of the bike where I had room and just put a pressurized cap inline.  It gave me alot more room up front and cleaned up the overall look as well.  The pics are poor quality from my phone.
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2009, 10:29:11 AM »
Keith Salles

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2009, 10:29:37 AM »
But Mike...lets be honest, you said you were down with me til the end if I got you this pitbike.    Guys, you should see him get this thing on two wheels coming up the return road!!!
you like that, remember that one time i almost ended up in the guard rail with that damn thing, i need a steering damper cause that bitch gets crazy around 30 mph  :bah:

• Rider
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2009, 10:31:34 AM »
 :hys: :hys: :hys:
you like that, remember that one time i almost ended up in the guard rail with that damn thing, i need a steering damper cause that bitch gets crazy around 30 mph  :bah:
Keith Salles

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2009, 12:00:57 PM »
thanks buddy  :D. turning that bottle on was killing me, one time i couldnt get back up so one of the track workers just rolled me to the side  :lol:

...big as you are i'd think you'd just lift the ass end of the bike up with one hand so you wouldn't have to bend down. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.